Home

Batman Arkham Asylum

MysticSpade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not gonna lie i actually like the avatars really. theres no real use for them right now. but the using them in avatar games is cool plus Guitar Hero 5 support for avvies....i love it LoL.

and XBL is releasing "Joy Ride" which looks to me like the 360s version of PS3s "Mod Nation Racing" which is also an avatar game.

I just played a bit of the Steam demo yesterday. Definitely impressive, while I don't think I'll be getting the game on release, I'd consider it once a price drop hits. Only reason is because there is so much on my want list already.

I also don't like the model for Batman. He is too f**king huge. His gauntlets are bigger than Chris Redfield's biceps which are already gigantic. His awesome voice makes up for it though, <3 Kevin Conroy.

i too will admit that it looks like everyones been hitting the gym right before this game. IMO i would say bats is excusable because they lead you to believe that suit is somewhat reinforced which can kinda explain the bulk but otherwise they've been hitting up the roids.

Just finished the demo and I really love what they did with the Freeflow combat, animations and camera. Combat is very intuitive and great to look at, though the novelty faded by the 3rd encounter or so. I wouldn't place it on my Top 5 looked-forward-to games, but it's definitely a title worth its salt. Besides, it ran slowish on my PC (albeit I liked how they've smoothened the lag so that it feels more like being in slow motion than a jittery slideshow).

yeah the fact that this game is based loosely around the Arkham novels is what sold me on it in the beginning. having played the full version already i can definitely say that this game if you're a fan is worth the money. but if you're just looking for a new game to hold you over its great as well but not for the $60 tag.

Having spent some recent quality time on the demo, I both love it and hate it at the same time. I LOVE how it gets you hooked on the bios that you collect on random comic characters in the game, but I HATE how it forces you to think about how to dodge bullets. Batman facing armed people in this game is absolutely defenseless and you will die quick if you can't find a way out of the situation. I have not been able to beet the demo, so I can tell already that this is a game that is going to frustrate me a lot. I will say this though...for a Batman game.... the developers did their homework on this one big time.

ok guys i am updating my thread with some of my challenge vids that i have completed and will add more as i do them in the future/

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

this was my 2nd challenge i did

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I have heard a rumour that the Batarang in the CE is a just piece of plastic that is locked to the stand. Anyone else heard this, or unpacked their PS3/XBox version already? If it is true I am cancelling my pre-order.

EDIT: I found this. I was unsure about getting the CE before so I think I am going to cancel now.

I'm too lazy to type up something original so I'll just quote a post I made about the game from my own forum :p

Played the demo just then.

Very nice. Love the combat and love the detective mode... reminded me a lot of Metroid Prime lol. It's nice how the demo was laid out, by the time you get to the last part of the demo you've learnt all you need to learn for that area and you can just let loose.

On the last part I was stealth diving on enemies and punching ones that came close and then grappling myself back up to the gargoyles before they noticed I was even there. Very cool once you get your movements down and it feels just like how you would see it in all of the various batman media.

It's coming out on Thursday down here... If I can find it cheaper than full price, I'll try and get it right away.

As mentioned, the fact that the TAS voices came back to do this is fantastic. However, I don't like the art style. As usual, they went with the "lets make it all dark and gritty and stuff RRRRRR!" look, and as a result, the characters have no nuance, and the amazing voices don't go with the visuals at all. It's like the newer, uglier characters are channeling the disembodied spirits of Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, and Arleen Sorkin in order to talk. And really, should Harley Quinn ever look like this:

batman-arkham-asylum-20090805051335907_640w.jpg

ever? :indif:

Archived