Home

Presumption about SW:TOR

Darth Avlectus

In a theoretical "bust" for SW:TOR, do you think it would be ported to "in-home"  

23 members have voted

1. 1. In a theoretical "bust" for SW:TOR, do you think it would be ported to "in-home"

• Yes, if it made sense (reach fanbase otherwise untouched)
    • Yes, for completion sake and/or last ditch
    • Not sure
    • No, just no
    • No, they'd just cut their losses in this case
    • Yes (other)
    • No (other)
    • Yoda says: DEAD RACCOONS! :xp:

Foreword: This is NOT a thread to female dog and whine or rant and rave about the upcoming SW:TOR, just merely wanting you to look objectively and see a likelihood in either direction.

I had just a thought in passing recently about the upcoming MMO. What I have noticed is a certain "likelihood prediction" by those forumites amongst us who know the MMO business fairly well. I have also seen a certain consistency in neutral fans situation: usually something about disliking the fee and being poor (right now), but still moderately interested.

What I am wondering is how many people here think that there is a likelihood (should TOR theoretically go bust and fall WAY short) that TOR might be ported as an in-home game (perhaps along with SWG?) as a last ditch and/or a reach out inresponse to the "nay say" crowd otherwise unreached?

If it fails they will cut there losses... lets face it, the Star Wars IP a free ticket to win town, yet SOE managed to make one of the most ill thought of games in history lol, Theoretically it shouldn't fail, but stranger things have happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived