Home

GameSpot gets details on new class - Sith Warrior

News

The boys at GameSpot scored themselves an interview with creative director James Ohlen and associate lead designer Emmanuel Lusinchi, and in doing so, effectively announced the next playable class in The Old Republic – The Sith Warrior. Plenty of good info in this interview, so it’s well worth a read, but I’m guessing we can probably [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

This makes me wonder if the 4th Sith-related class will be another type of Sith, outside of the "warrior", or something else completely. I am leaning toward it being another type of Sith - perhaps more of a force-user than a saber-wielder like I imagine a warrior being.

Probably something more akin to Dooku or Sidious. I'm guessing this also means two Jedi classes, maybe Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular?

Probably something more akin to Dooku or Sidious. I'm guessing this also means two Jedi classes, maybe Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular?

Do you mean more of a Sith Lord type, compared to the Sith Warrior? I think that would be cool but it also generally comes with an uneven balance of power. I think something similar to the Knight/Consular would work, just for the Sith instead of the Jedi. I don't know what the Sith term for "Consular" is, however.

It irked me about when they kept comparing the class to Vader... but I just can't see the comparison, I'd think a sith warrior would be more akin to Maul + armor.

Agreed, Vader was more of a Vizier or Commander of the Armies than a warrior, or at least towards the Original Trilogy anyway.

Sith Warriors...

Ulic Qel-Droma, Malak, Sion, Githany, Maul, Galen Marek etc... More Muscle than Know how.

Vader was more of a practical guy, using his saber when he could. Since Galen Marek was in a game that emphasized the Force, he doesn't seem like a Sith Warrior. Maul does fit the Sith Warrior thing though. The only Force ability I ever saw him use was a bit of Force jumping in the Theed Generator Duel. Maybe BioWare thought he was too minor to be an iconic class representation. Vader is a bit more memorable than Maul, even if Maul fits the class better.

I agree with most of the sentiment here - I think Vader might have been all the LS dueler that Maul was, or at least close, but that wasn't his specialty. He was more of a Renaissance Sith, which I think more of the powerful masters became. When I think of a Sith Warrior class I think more along the lines of Maul and Malak. Bane might fit too, but I think he did enough expansion of his knowledge of the Sith to become more than just a warrior.

They definitely said in the article that the Sith Warrior would use the force. They will use force for brute strength direct attacks like force choke and such.

It makes it interesting to me though. I mean what if there is only one force sensitive class per side? That means that if you are playing Empire and want to be a force user you're going to be an insane attack first and attack direct kind of guy. Kinda fits the Sith bill don't you think?

This sets them up for a similarity to the warrior class in WoW, except with a lot more flashiness.

Then maybe the Jedi has a complete coin flip. Maybe they're the type that has a bunch of buffs for party members (as the Sith has nil there) as well as a more of a finess system of fighting. Think maybe the way Rogues are handled on WoW.

It makes sense to me anyways that they wouldn't want both Jedi classes to play similarly. You want them to be different to keep the experiences different and encourage people to check out both sides of the conflict.

2 Force sensitive classes per side ;)

Just, you know, in case you missed it :)

Okay, you like your idea, so what? Quoting it 6 times doesn't make it any truer.

We're allowed to speculate on classes. Maybe some of us would find it boring to have half the playable classes in the game be Jedi/Sith. Maybe some of us would find it boring if both sides have a "Generic Saber Wielder" and "Generic Force Wielder". Maybe some of us would see more variety if they have one Jedi/Sith per side, with Sith focused on saber attacks and Jedi focused on Force attacks, a very solid distinguishable difference between each side's classes. It would fit the Smuggler/Bounty Hunter classes being "similar but distinct", both being roughneck shooters, but each doing it differently.

They should just make it

Jedi knight - genaric Jedi can choose between offensive moves or defensive moves like push and heal

Sith Warrior - genaric Sith can choose between offensive and offensive support as in lightning or drain.

makes each side have a force user thats close to the other sides force user but they still got their differences.

I missed the source, can you point me in that direction? Sure, the article seems to imply that there may be more than one, but Bioware has said that this game is going to be all about the combat, so a Sith Behind-The-Scenes Manipulative Bastard class doesn't seem to fit.

Bioware has said that this game is going to be all about the combat, so a Sith Behind-The-Scenes Manipulative Bastard class doesn't seem to fit.

It'd be fun though. :lol:

A bit of an obvious class, has to be said, but detail on this thing is always welcome. I agree that having two force sensitive classes per side would be a waste, though - it just increases the chances of the majority of people playing those classes. And, though it may fit with the era's canon, it would still (in my opinion) be rather boring...

Two Force sensitive classes on one side doesn't make sense, as has been stated before. It also seems the Sith Warrior classes has all the famous Sith powers already. Force Crush and Force Choke have already been shown, if I'm not mistaken. And those were typical Sith Lord powers. Now, a Warrior (Marauder from TSL?) has those, too, so I wouldn't know why they'd need another Force sensitive class.

Unless if it features two extremes of the Force (Guardian/Consular), then I can't see why not, although it still is quite odd. Unless if the other class is Sith Lord, it's still Sith/Sith Warrior, at the moment.

It's almost like a Priest/Bishop dynamic; one is better, one is not.

My prediction based on the new info:

Republic

-Jedi Knight

-Jedi Consular

-Jedi Master

-Jedi Guardian

-Jedi Weapons Master

-Republic Trooper

-Smuggler

-Unknown

Sith Empire

-Sith Warrior

-Sith Marauder

-Sith Lord

-Sith Legionaire?

-Bounty Hunter

-Unknown

It is possible that they might have two force sensitive classes on each side, but I doubt it. They said Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior...this indicates that whether you pursue the path of the lightsaber or the Force will lie in subclasses or talent trees. If there is only one force sensitive class per side, this means we have two classes unknown on the Sith side and one class unknown on the Republic side.

Archived