Home

Fable III

Spadille

Okay I just read some of the details about the game and I found the story to be

quite original seeing that it's a game where you become a king or queen and

then choose the consequences of your people.

I'm really looking forward to this game seeing how good the previous Fable games was.

More info here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015409p1.html

The teaser trailer: http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14328887/fable-iii/videos/gcom09_fable3_trl_debuttrailer_81909.html

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it could be very interesting...I think the series has progressed considerably game play wise, and this looks like it could be really fun to play. I'm surprised they didn't make this announcement a E3 or something like that, but happy with it nonetheless.

Looks like it could be very interesting...I think the series has progressed considerably game play wise, and this looks like it could be really fun to play. I'm surprised they didn't make this announcement a E3 or something like that, but happy with it nonetheless.

So do I but I guess they've been planning it with Microsoft since the Fable announcement

was the only one at Gamescom and that announcing it on E3

would make Microsoft without any real announcement at Gamescom

"Imagine hearing the cries from a young child in a house," says Molyneux. "You as a hero, a ruler, you storm into that house to save that child." Dynamic Touch will add more to saving that child than simply pressing A to save them, letting you feel the interaction of picking them up, pulling them away, saving them from a burning house. "Being able to touch people as a ruler and see how they react, that's what we want."

Source

I think that speaks for itself. >.>

"Imagine hearing the cries from a young child in a house," says Molyneux. "You as a hero, a ruler, you storm into that house to save that child." Dynamic Touch will add more to saving that child than simply pressing A to save them, letting you feel the interaction of picking them up, pulling them away, saving them from a burning house, AND ASKING THEM IF THEY'VE DONE THEIR ****ING HOMEWORK YET. "Being able to touch people as a ruler and see how they react, that's what we want."

giantevilpetermolyneux.jpg

PETER MOLYNEUX. ENEMY OF EVERY VIRTUAL SCHOOLCHILD.

Not played Fable II, since I don't have whichever glorified gameboy is required to play it, but I recently reinstalled Fable: TLC, and I was surprised by how disappointing it is. Perhaps it's just the poorness of the port, but spellcasting is like playing twister with your fingers, and the plot felt even more hackneyed than NWN... >.>

Also, the lack of real dialogue, or in fact, choice and consequence (especially given how much the game hypes this element) are disappointing. It does still look quite pretty, though, and the music is OK.

^^^^

Fable 2 still pretty fun nonetheless. you should give it a go (especially since its only $20 or so now). its not going to blow you away with some awesome story or deep gameplay, but you can certainly do worse things with your money. ;)

as for Fable 3, i'm looking forward to it. they keep putting the focus into making your interactions with the general public more and more dynamic, and that's pretty cool. hopefully they'll have a deeper (and better) story to go with it. oh, and it would be nice if they could go back to a skill system more like the first game so that you could have more of a choice about what kind of a character you have (melee, ranged, or spellcaster).

Hmm, this sounds interesting. I thought Fable II was meh. We'll see how this turns out. It'll be interesting to rule the lands. Will there be some strategic or tactical army combat? I have to say, I'm interested in customizing a kickass fortress for myself...

Wow, I didn't expect them to announce a Fable 3 so soon... I liked Fable and Fable 2, so I'll probably be checking this one out. I just hope that the different outcomes of the games are actually distinct this time around. In Fable 2, there was virtually no difference between the good, neutral, and evil choices. I also hope that individual character development is actually unique. All of my characters ended up looking the exact same by the end of the game with the same abilities. Good/evil and purity/corruption changed the appearance, but those parameters could easily be altered.

Honestly, while Fable II had good design, the overall game was less than satisfactory. In short, I was unimpressed. I'm not going to spend my hours waiting for Fable III in the same manner.

Your loss, I've found the Fable franchise to be one of my favorites and I'm already excited for the 3rd installment in the franchise

^ Yahtzee tore that one up pretty bad. But he certainly had a lot of ammunition.

Fable II, like its predecessor, was a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 game that was hyped like it was going to dethrone Zelda. I don't regret playing the game, I just regret having payed $60 for it.

I do like the premise of Fable III, though, being a King, Queen or a mixture of the two. That should be fun, but I really hope they do something to spice up Albion a bit. It's mind-numbingly generic both in Fable and II. Who would want to be the King of a country so bland and unremarkable that you can barely distinguish one patch of woods from the next? Ridiculous.

Archived