Home

Fable III

Spadille

It all sounds very promising, and on paper looks like it's a great game, but, as Avery says, Molyneux has too often promised grand things and delivered very little.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I know in my heart that we'll only be seeing half of that list implemented at most.

Also, I see it mentions a Windows version (download only, though) - I assume that means either Windows players won't have an option to continue with characters they might have had on the Xbox, or that Fable II might be released for Windows?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Molyneux has confirmed that the game will have many new features, including:

* Episodes: There will be 2 episodes featured in the game. The first is to campaign to remove the king from the throne. The second is ruling Albion after you receive the crown.

* Judgements: As ruler of Albion, you will be able to determine if and how to respond to the requests of your citizens, such as punishing criminals.

* Touch: The simple expression system has greatly evolved. Now, "You can shake someone's hand, and then that might turn into a hug. You can then turn that into an embrace, and then into a full-on snog."

*There will be much more far reaching consequences for your actions than in the past two games due to at least part of the game taking place with the character as a monarch.

* Peter Molyneux has stated that it won't just be Albion, but has yet to give more information. Clues from the end of Fable II lead to Reaver and Garth in Samarkand. In the quest The Vision from the DLC See the Future, Theresa clearly states that the unborn child will change the fate of Albion and Aurora. Aurora has since been revealed to be an entirely new setting in Fable III.

* The previous saves from Fable II will be featured in Fable III. This means choices of your old hero will affect your new hero in Fable III. Choices from the two DLCs, Knothole Island and See the Future, will also correlate.

* Co-op impregnation will be possible

Definetely the most important improvement :xp:

• 3 weeks later...

A new trailer

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Single-player gameplay

Love and Life in Albion

i loved the first 2 , but for some reason this one looks like its more cartoon then the first two. Thats a little bit of a turn off for me. The trailers look pretty cool but hhhmmmm.. i dunno, probs still buy it though lol .

• 1 month later...
i loved the first 2 , but for some reason this one looks like its more cartoon then the first two. Thats a little bit of a turn off for me. The trailers look pretty cool but hhhmmmm.. i dunno, probs still buy it though lol .

I think it looks less cartoonish than the first two:xp: Looks pretty cool, has everything Fable 2 had and hopefully a lot of new stuff.

I know Peter Molyneux isnt the most trustworthy of the game developers, but he is actually one of the few people in the world that i actually want to believe in (the others are pretty much Barack Obama and Mikael Åkerfeldt :xp:) because he has vision.

I think it looks less cartoonish than the first two:xp: Looks pretty cool, has everything Fable 2 had and hopefully a lot of new stuff.

Yeah I agree, although I think the "cartoonishness" is just a part of how fable is supposed to look. I rather like it, although I always thought all the weapons looked so silly in Fable 1 :p

Reading this thread through actually made me play Fable 2 again and made me realize the only thing I didn't like about the game (well, two things) and that is THE SHORTNESS! I finished the main quest, with many sidequests peppered in, in probably 7 hours. The first time I played the game through I was so pissed off at how short it was, so hopefully Fable 3 will be much longer, especially with this promising sounding "2 chapter" feature. I'm also excited about being able to be the son of my Fable 2 hero (I hope all my statues are still there :D) and the new pause menu looks pretty cool and fun too, albeit slow and inconvenient (but I'll take cool and fun over that).

I just HOPE HOPE HOPE they change the damn spellcasting system. Fable 1 worked like a charm and I could use any power I wanted whenever I wanted, even during combat, but the system in 2 sucked so badly that I was restricted to one power the entire game. Though they are using the same engine, so I dunno about that.

I'm also excited about the time setting - industrial revolution, how neat! :D We actually (judging by the videos so far) see weapons and clothing that we recognize! Pretty cool if you ask me...

Anyway I'm much looking forward to this game and I hope it doesn't let me down, not that I believe it will. Two months!

Oh, and the "touch" thing is rather stupid looking :xp:

yehhhh!!!! im soooo lookinf forward to it now CANT WAIT ***drools *** hahah

i think the game is going to friken aaawwsoommee , every aspect of it so far is really really cool :). Only thing is... yes, i dont want it to be as short as the last one haha

P.s i will be getting the collectors edition when it comes out, will anyone else be getting it ? / im getting it for the sword you get with it :D.

I remember when Fable was a game series about an epic "hero" who was essentially Beowulf, just with a set backstory fighting a guy named Jack of Blades.

Now it's about a Renaissance mercenary leading a country.

Fable 3 I'd have to play before I can properly critique it. But I don't aim to get it new. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. After I played Fable 2 for a few weeks it just got increadably boring to me. The characters werent particularly interesting, the writing felt subpar, and the amount of conversations I felt rehashed from other games just annoyed me.

Haha hey, I understand what you're saying Yorick. It is really different from the first fable. I remember reading somewhere that the inspiration for Fable I was folklore, which was obvious, the inspiration for Fable II was King Arthur and Robin Hood, which I can see, and the inspiration behind III is powerful and sometimes tyrannical leaders like Henry VIII, which to me is interesting, though I agree with you in the sense that there is no place for magic in modern times.

However to me it's cool how even though the world has changed so much (the Fable world of course), the hero bloodlines still follow through. And like I said before I think it'll be interesting to play in a familiar time period and see how much I might actually recognize from real life.

Like you said though, Fable II was definitely lacking and I hope III will pick it up.

• 1 month later...

@Taak Farst - Then buy an xbox when you can. I bought mine just so I could play Fable 2 and now I'm hooked on many other great games for the xbox.

@StarWarsPhreak - October 26, 2010 is the release date for US and October 29, 2010 for UK. Amazon not wrong.

@Topic - I have pre-ordered my copy of the LCE. I think this game is going to be great!

• 4 weeks later...

Fable 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered. Really can't wait! Not long to go now, 2 more weeks.

Anyone else been playing the Kingmaker app? It's complete and utter crap, but it will be nice to start off with some gold in the bank.

Uncanny valley too much? Yeah, probably. The facial expressions, and animation movements look like they were animated by a 8 year old, and the slow-motion didn't exactly "fit" in that well.

Still, I'll probably get Fable III at some point. I'm just not buying it on launch date.

Archived