Home

Fable III

Spadille

That's not necessarily a bad thing...:xp:

The game looks very interesting - even though I thought the first one was mildly lacking in some respects, great in others. Haven't played the second, as it isn't on PC, but this I might look at getting when it comes out for PC in December.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this on xbox live:

Fable III Male Highlander Outfit

Summon the spirit of the highlands with this new outfit, perfect for charging into battle with a rebellious roar. The outfit comprises a bonnet, bracers, boots, top and kilt. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this outfit and you may already own it.

Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion

Transform your faithful collie into a red setter with this amazing potion. Just let your dog have a sip when he's lying in his basket in the Sanctuary. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when it's unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this potion and you may already own it.

Free Weapons

In-game content. Communication is very important in Fable III, and what better way to communicate with the world than to bash it in the head with the new hammer, Bloodstone Bludgeon, and shoot it in the face with the brand new rifle, Gusket's Musket? These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when weapons are unlocked in the storyline.

(Unfortunately i couldn't find any pictures of these add-ons)

Well I backed off from the keyboard (playing Fallout: New Vegas) and picked up the 360 controller last night to play Fable 3. I mainly did this just so I could say I played Fable 3 before leXX. :xp: After about 7 hours of game play that had me up until 3:00 am I must say I will not be going back the Fallout: New Vegas anytime soon.

My first impression of the Fable 3 is that it seems to be a polished finished game compared to other games I have played or attempted to play lately. That does not mean it is perfect. The game does start slowly, but so did Fable 2. Peter Molneux did not lie, there is a difficult choice right at the beginning of the game, but it does not really feel that dire because it is not like you have anything invested at the game at that time.

The PC and NPC look way better than Fable 2. I’ve enjoy the new level up system and so far the quest have been fun yet tedious at times. The combat system seems much the same from Fable 2, but I do like many of the killing moves much better. Seeing my princess flip up in the air to land on the bad guy’s neck and break his neck with her thighs always puts a smile on my face.

Not crazy about there not being a traditional menu system, Sanctuary seems a bit unnecessary to me. I am getting more and more use to it the more I play. Shopping/Selling seems to have been streamlined (not a good thing IMO). Many more quest than Fable 2. Just like the real world, make friends with someone and they are going to ask the princess a favor. Hate the hand holding following.

For all they have changed or modified, it still feels like Albion, so far at least and while the Fable franchise may never confused with great, deep writing it is a blast to play and very difficult to put down in order to sleep.

I've heard relatively good things about Fable 2 and 3 (never picked up 2 due to a lack of 360), and if I can scrounge up the money needed to buy 3 when it finally comes out for the godmachine PC, I'll definitely pay full price.

I did hear from someone that there is a demon door that requires co-op, and pretty much screws you over if you don't have Gold, and idk if fable 3 has splitscreen.

Seeing my princess flip up in the air to land on the bad guy’s neck and break his neck with her thighs always puts a smile on my face.

Did you happen to name her Chun Li? :p

I did hear from someone that there is a demon door that requires co-op, and pretty much screws you over if you don't have Gold...
I found that demon door and already understand that I will never get all of the achievements for Fable 3 (just like Fable 2, it is impossible to get all the achievements without co-op. Still fun to play.

Can't play everything on the PC since I bought the 360 for Mass Effect (when they said it would not be coming to PC). :)

Fable III Male Highlander Outfit

Summon the spirit of the highlands with this new outfit, perfect for charging into battle with a rebellious roar. The outfit comprises a bonnet, bracers, boots, top and kilt. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this outfit and you may already own it.

Huh, seems this one has been removed from XBox Live. Hopefully, my copy of FIII CE has the code that is mentioned.

Played it, completed it, liked it.

Nothing more, really. No love like I had for Fable II.

While it's certainly enjoyable, it seems rather short, and, unsurprisingly, a little light on features.

Went for a middle-ground end, though. Going to try again and see what being really good/evil means.

Played it, completed it, liked it.[/Quote] Loved the first half.

I loved Fable III up until the princess reaches the city of Aurora. I just thought they gave their support way too easily, it was almost like the developer said “We made the PC jump through enough hoops, make her the queen already.”

Fighting: Much the same as Fable 2, with some new cool looking (the first few times you see them) killing moves. Overall nothing to get excited about, but still just as fun as Fable 2 was. I will say I finally used magic in a Fable game since the usage did not make my PC look like a freak. She still was about the tallest person in Albion, but this time she did not look like someone ingesting too many steroids.

Quest: Did 112 and a majority of those were boring as hell. Hate the relationship aspect of this game; it made my princess a monogamist. The real quests were fun, but the friendship quests go from point A to point B and back just became a bore and don’t even get me started with the hand holding follow system for dating, it is utter nonsense.

Overall: Fun experience and I will play it again, but I do not believe it was as good of a game as Fable 2. The story at times was interesting, but at others it was very contrived. While I did not find many bugs, the one bug the kept popping up was damn annoying (the golden marker would just disappear or the dog would point a treasure that was not there. Still both were usually remedied by petting the dog and that seemed to reset the markers). The only other bug was my princess wife seemed to disappear. Not a major problem, but I think the kids were better off in the orphanage. :)

My total time was just under 25 hours, but I blew off many quests and just quit doing relationship quests. I went full good and blew all my personal money in the second half of the game. Got the good ending, but I did not save everyone.

Loved having to fight Walter as the final boss even though I saw that coming from a mile away

I loved Fable 3.

I still prefer the first Fable though and to be honest I couldn't get in to Fable 2 at all, not sure why but I really didn't like that.

Loved having to fight Walter as the final boss even though I saw that coming from a mile away

Yeah that was pretty obvious, the final giveaway was when you became King/Queen and...

if you chose to save Logan, the reply Walter gave

I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. It's no way near as good as Fable II, the story is pretty crap, the boss makes no sense, the final battle was waaaaay too easy and I didn't like that choosing to be good meant having to spend all of your own money (not exactly a good moral story), BUT I still enjoyed playing it. The fight mechanics are still great, Albion itself is a great place to explore, and the overall sense of humour is brilliant. Had me laughing out loud numourous times. Not as good as I expected/wanted it to be, but I had fun.

I thought Fable 3 was a very good addition to the story. Granted it was short, the final boss was disappointing, and the judgment system was not very "satisfying". I do feel that this game could lead into another game easily. Lionhead made a lot of promises and speculations on what would be in this game and again they came up short, but I think they want to tell their story and the final game they will go all out with a big bang! just my opinion though!

One thing that has been bugging me about the game is the fact that they removed the experience orbs from the game.

I didn't really see the difference between experience orbs and the Guild Seals, except you do not get Guild Seals for eating and all your gained experience can now be spent on what you want to upgrade and not a predetermined skill. In Fable 3 it is like getting green orbs all the time. Who really cares if you don’t get experience from eating food or drinking potions, you now get experience for farting in someone’s face (or any other expression).

Personally I like Fable 3 better at least in this regard. I always hated collecting experience points in the middle of a fight before they disappeared in Fable 2. The part I hate about Fable 3 is getting one point for performing an expression on someone for the first time and also only getting one point for delivering a package half way across Albion.

Archived