Home

Fable III

Spadille

I haven't gotten the game yet, but what do you guys think of the new main menu system? Is it a good change or just annoying?

Also, if they were to come out with a Fable IV, it would have to be modern times which IMO would be stupid. They should just go back and make another like 1 or something, it seems like they've dug themselves a hole there if they do intend to make a IV.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, if they were to come out with a Fable IV, it would have to be modern times which IMO would be stupid. They should just go back and make another like 1 or something, it seems like they've dug themselves a hole there if they do intend to make a IV.

Not necessarily. Although the last games have shown constant timeline advancement, Albion is not the real world and, although the game eras are candidly inspired on Earth's, it's not the same by a long shot. Plus, from Fable 1 to 2 there was a huge leap on the timeframe. From 2 to 3 however, it was just a 50 years hiatus. Next installment might be even less.

And that if we ignore Molyneux statements that it's his last attempt on the franchise - again. He's starting to sound like an alcoholic trying to drop the vice.

One thing that has been bugging me about the game is the fact that they removed the experience orbs from the game.

I never liked the orbs myself it was too much of a hassle gathering those stupid things. Funny thing is after fighting in Fable 3 I still found myself pulling on RT. :p

Btw, has anyone found if there are any ways to remove scars in Fable III like it was possible in Fable II?

I do not think it is possible, most members on the official forums say there is no way. Maybe if by high demand they will make something for DLC.

Funny thing is after fighting in Fable 3 I still found myself pulling on RT. :p

I still do that too. ;)

The easiest way not to deal with scars is don't get knocked down. First game I used melee/magic and got knocked down three times. Two of those happen because I was trying to eat and play at the same time. This game I’m using magic/range and 18 hours in I have yet to be knocked down. Coming from me that means the game is way too easy. I am paying more attention this time in order to get the achievement.

2nd playthrough I’ve been taking my time exploring every nook and cranny while not allowing myself to continue the main quest until I get enough Guild Seals to purchase everything available at that time from the Road to Rule. Have everything up to Gate 7 now, but still not going to continue the main quest until I have 245 Guild Seals for the next gate. That means I’m doing a lot of relationship quest this time around, still I’m also making way more money than I did last time around.

Really surprised about how many caves, dive spots and dig spots I missed the first time I played. I’m well on my way to finding all the keys, books and gnomes.

2nd playthrough I’ve been taking my time exploring every nook and cranny while not allowing myself to continue the main quest until I get enough Guild Seals to purchase everything available at that time from the Road to Rule. Have everything up to Gate 7 now, but still not going to continue the main quest until I have 245 Guild Seals for the next gate. That means I’m doing a lot of relationship quest this time around, still I’m also making way more money than I did last time around.

Try and find a legendary weapon that will reward you with gaining guild seals faster after unlocking an augment. I use Avo's Lamentation, only need to make 5 villagers love you while sword is equipped.

I'm jonsing for some Fable action (uses time spell to speed up to Payday :D)

You got that backwards, Time Spell slows time down, not speeds it up.:xp:

Not necessarily. Although the last games have shown constant timeline advancement, Albion is not the real world and, although the game eras are candidly inspired on Earth's, it's not the same by a long shot. Plus, from Fable 1 to 2 there was a huge leap on the timeframe. From 2 to 3 however, it was just a 50 years hiatus. Next installment might be even less.

And that if we ignore Molyneux statements that it's his last attempt on the franchise - again. He's starting to sound like an alcoholic trying to drop the vice.

I agree with you here, but it's just that I remember Molyneux saying something about continuing with the timeline in the future, but also like you said, you can't really trust that guy, he's a kook :p

I need some $ so I can give this a shot since blockbuster is now non-existent. From what I've been reading though, it sounds exactly like Fable II. Yes, it's a great game, but it still lacks the "innovative" stuff that Molyneux keeps promising.

I'm kinda guessing the 'guy' that came up with 'The Swinging Sword' is something of a pervert.

What is needed to upgrade that sword to 100% is sex, and a whole helluva lot of it too. :)

Edit: Just noticed that the Aurorian Sand Furies seem to be using the Diachi model for their swords.

I'm kinda guessing the 'guy' that came up with 'The Swinging Sword' is something of a pervert.[/Quote] Did not find that sword. Looked up the requirement to upgrade and I would have to say that there is little doubt the “guy” is a pervert. That was not the sword I received from that chest.

Finished my second playthrough last night and got the “Tough Love” achievement. What a joke achievement. I had more than enough money to save everyone and still make all the good choices and keep all the promises.

More importantly, I got all of the darn gnomes. Still need to find a few more keys before I have to decide to give the game a third go around or go back to Fallout: New Vegas.

Finished the game three times, twice good once evil... what I dislike is that you have to have a full bank in order to save all the people of Albion from the

Crawler

. If your hero is a good character it makes it damn near impossible to save all of them... but when you're evil it's easy and if you work from the start to have people hate you, I rather think it's a waste to save them and have them love you... where as if you try to be a good guy and nearly everyone dies and the few that do survive hate your guts... hmmmm... >.> I mean really? Is anyone going to waste time playing Lute Hero or any other profession until they reach nearly 10 million gold for the stuff you have to do to be a good king and to keep the treasury full? Probably not... it gets boring. That is really the only complaint I have about Fable III.

Umm, is that for the 360?

There doesn't seem to be any trace whatsoever of my villager, anywhere.

Edit: Hmm, there is no sign of the villager on my Xbox LIVE download logg. Unless, the villager is called 'Fable III Collector’s Edition In-Game Content' or 'Fable III Free Game Content'.

Finished the game three times' date=' twice good once evil... what I dislike is that you have to have a full bank in order to save all the people of Albion from the

Crawler

. If your hero is a good character it makes it damn near impossible to save all of them... but when you're evil it's easy and if you work from the start to have people hate you, I rather think it's a waste to save them and have them love you... where as if you try to be a good guy and nearly everyone dies and the few that do survive hate your guts... hmmmm... >.> I mean really? Is anyone going to waste time playing Lute Hero or any other profession until they reach nearly 10 million gold for the stuff you have to do to be a good king and to keep the treasury full? Probably not... it gets boring. That is really the only complaint I have about Fable III.[/quote']

I played Lute hero until i could buy enough properties to get an income of about 100000 per 5 minutes. Its not that hard really. I havent finished the game yet though, but whenever i go and do some quest i come back to the castle with 500k of spare gold and i just dump it into the treasury...

I played Lute hero until i could buy enough properties to get an income of about 100000 per 5 minutes. Its not that hard really. I havent finished the game yet though, but whenever i go and do some quest i come back to the castle with 500k of spare gold and i just dump it into the treasury...

Yea, it was easy. It would have been even simple to do it the first time if

If I’d have known one year was not really one year in Albion time or what quest triggered the point of no return. I had more than enough gold in my personal account to cover saving the rest. Just did not transfer it in time. Second time around I just transferred everything right away and made all the good choices and still had more than enough to save everyone.

Playing a third time as a male as I still did not find all the Keys before getting bored with my last character after 46 hours.

that sucks!!! ive only just gotten to that part where you need to save the people and get all the money thingy and i DONT want to be playing lute hero for 5 hourse straight!!

is there any other way to do it ? other then earning money and buying shops? or is that it ??

Archived