Home

Revan vs. Anikan if he didn't have to be in that Darth Vader costume

Darth Scorcher

Who would win, Revan, Anikan, or a draw?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win, Revan, Anikan, or a draw?

I've seen a lot of Revan vs. person threads, but I was wondering what if Anakin didn't have to be in the Darth Vader costume, if he wasn't burned up on Mustafar, George Lucas did say he would've become the greatest force user ever if it weren't for that suit, but still, Revan has more experience, but what do guys you think?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Revan vs. Anakin would have been epic fail, considering they are from different time periods. >.> But other than that... :p

Revan is a master stratigest, able to see a weakness in his opponent and also he is battle hardened and able to sacrifice others for a more 'noble' cause. Plus, he was one of the more ancient of Jedi and as Kreia says, (paraphrased, so I'm not putting it in quotes) the Jedi and Sith of even their time were but children playing with toys... 2,000 years later, lightsaber combat would have dimmed much more. So if Revan was but a child playing with a toy, Anakin would have been a fetus playing with his thumb. Therefor, in lightsaber combat, the superior would obviously be Revan.

As for force powers, I believe that Anakin would have been slightly stronger. His lightning would have been double the strength of the Emperor's, I don't doubt. Basically, what I believe is that Revan and Anakin are one in the same... both were Jedi... then fallen... but perhaps Revan could have been the chosen one for the trying time in his time, trying to create the stability the Republic needed, because if you will notice, there is more instability when the Republic is under the leadership of the Jedi/Senate than is the Sith Empire (wether it's an empire in the outer rim or it's Palpatine's empire) and had the people not rebelled against Lord Revan or Lord Sidious, then the galaxy would be more stable... (but that's a completely different topic) but what I was trying to say is that both were on the same magnitude in my opinion... as I believe that with the aide of the Force, perhaps Revan was enabled to be reborn in a new body, without his previous memories. I mean, Sidious did manipulate the Force and cause Anakin to be created in his mother's womb, so perhaps he used Darth Revan's midichlorians.

Well anyway, that's my take on the subject. :) By the way, welcome to the Forums. :D

Canon. Anakin is a whinny brat who relies on a sheer brute power and that repetitious Djem So/Shien form that is easy enough to counter with Juyo, a technique that Revan uses. Oh, and the fact that Revan has studied under Kreia and has learned from both the Korriban Valley of the Dark Lords and the Malachor Trayus Academy?

Sorry, [HYPERBOLE]Anakin would be dead before he was ever conceived in his mom's womb if there was even the possibility the two would meet.[/HYBERBOLE]

>.> Which aggrivates the hell out of me, considering. :p

*points to my previous post* I gave details... >.> you guys are just posting one sentance lines. So I think that if you are going to post, post something thoughtful about the topic... okay, so you guys think Revan PWNS all... WHY is that then?

Lucas said Anakin would be twice as strong as Sidious had he not been crippled. Revan is an unknown, and therefore, his power can't be accurately gauged. Also, Anakin never attained his potential, so that's null as well. Saying Revan would win is fanboyism, and saying Anakin would win is basically a void statement. Therefore, this fight doesn't work.

Come to think of it, any versus thread involving KotOR characters will be inconclusive. Virtually every KotOR character is relatively unknown. Especially Revan and the Exile. They're the best of their era... which means nothing, since they haven't actually done anything. Until we get an accurate representation of their power, making any real conclusions that aren't obvious doesn't make any sense.

..forget what Lucas says....yeah, no...Lucas created Star Wars, whatever he says is canon, is canon, and if you forget what Lucas says is like saying your forgetting Star Wars altogethor,

Sorry, but if there is to be actual content discussion then you have to analyze the content itself rather than the author saying, "X is Y, THE END!". Just because Lucas says for example that Sidious is the UBER SITH LORD OF DOOM!!! doesn't make it true if there isn't proof within the content to back it up.

ah forget it then, apparently Revan has to be the Chuck Norris of Star Wars

Actually I am among the few "Revan fanboys" who believe that Revan is actually not invincible and that there are a variety of individuals who may have been able to defeat him. Kreia, for example, possess a lesser version of Nihilus' vampiricy and has all the teachings of Malachor behind her. Nihilus could easily feast on Revan. The Exile could potentially defeat Revan depending on what sort of battle it is. And Luke is about on Revan's level as well.

However, there are plenty of people who could kick that sorry-excuse of a Chosen One's ass. Bastila for example. Hell, I bet Mission could do it. In the case of Revan defeating Anakin, I am not comparing a God to a man, but a man to a fly without wings that is already dying.

Lucas said Anakin would be twice as strong as Sidious had he not been crippled.

Power=/=Lots of unfocused strength.

Revan is an unknown, and therefore, his power can't be accurately gauged.

Dear God, WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON? There have been hundreds of testaments to Revan's power. It wasn't as much raw strength as Anakin, sure, but it was quite a lot and very well focused, enhanced by a mixture of the numerous Sith techniques learned on Korriban and Malachor, Kreia's Jedi and Echani teachings, and just as many years of experience in war as little Annie.

They're the best of their era... which means nothing, since they haven't actually done anything.

Again, what planet do you live on? Do I have to make a massive list of both of their accomplishments? Has Anakin killed individuals empowered by the Star Forge or Malachor? Has Anakin slain thousands of Dark Jedi, Sith Assassins, Sith Acolytes, and Sith Troopers? Has Anakin killed Yusanis or Mandalore the Ultimate? Does Anakin speak thousands of languages? Has Anakin arrayed a variety of extremely talented individuals as companions? Has Anakin killed a Force Zombie and the Galaxy's most powerful Force Vampire? Can Anakin hold his breath almost indefinitely or see alignments or wield any elite Force powers?

Until we get an accurate representation of their power, making any real conclusions that aren't obvious doesn't make any sense.

I will correct this now.

Until Anakin Skywalker is in anyway significant other than becoming Darth Vader and killing the Emperor via surprise attack, trying to compare him to far superior individuals doesn't make any sense.

Lucas said Anakin would be twice as strong as Sidious had he not been crippled.

It wouldn't have made any difference. If we are to believe what happened in the PT, Anakin would have been far too stupid to know or to learn what to do with all of that power. :p

I'm gonna see if I can try a comparison of these force users power, Nihilus=ultimate power apparently, Exile=much less powerful than Nihilus, Kreia=very powerful, Sion=Immortal, Anakin=Chosen One, Revan=Equal level to Anakin. Yeah, I believe Revan and Anakin are equal powered, at least Anakin will be equal powered given time but given Revan's experience and focus vs. Anakin's raw power and hatred, I say Revan wins, and I wasn't saying Revan would lose, just giving arguments on how he could lose.... And how could MISSION BEAT ANAKIN?!?!? seriously, did your intelligence fall down the drain when you typed that sentence?

Power=/=Lots of unfocused strength.

lol wut? If he hadn't been mutilated, that strength would have been focused.

Dear God, WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON? There have been hundreds of testaments to Revan's power. It wasn't as much raw strength as Anakin, sure, but it was quite a lot and very well focused, enhanced by a mixture of the numerous Sith techniques learned on Korriban and Malachor, Kreia's Jedi and Echani teachings, and just as many years of experience in war as little Annie.

What has he done? Saying that he's "really super duper strong" means nothing. What were those Sith techniques of his? Obviously, he must have known a thing or two, but what? There's the thought bomb, but that's hardly a combat move. He's never done anything.

Again, what planet do you live on? Do I have to make a massive list of both of their accomplishments?

Please, do. Make a list of things he's done to give evidence of exactly how strong he is. He killed Mandalore. Impressive, but how strong was Mandalore? He fought his way through the Star Forge with his friends. Impressive, but how strong are the enemies he fought? I'm not saying he's not in one of the highest tiers. We can safely assume that he is. But how strong is he, exactly?

Has Anakin killed individuals empowered by the Star Forge or Malachor? Has Anakin slain thousands of Dark Jedi, Sith Assassins, Sith Acolytes, and Sith Troopers? Has Anakin killed Yusanis or Mandalore the Ultimate? Does Anakin speak thousands of languages? Has Anakin arrayed a variety of extremely talented individuals as companions? Has Anakin killed a Force Zombie and the Galaxy's most powerful Force Vampire? Can Anakin hold his breath almost indefinitely or see alignments or wield any elite Force powers?

You're right. Anakin's limited knowledge of languages is his bane.

You're just using plain feat wars. I could say that RotS Anakin was the Chosen One, and could therefore beat Revan. But we don't know that for sure, because everything that Revan has done only gives a vague estimate of his power. I'm not saying that RotS Anakin could beat Revan, or vice versa. Revan is an unknown. The feats of strength that you provided mean nothing, because they're purely subjective.

Until Anakin Skywalker is in anyway significant other than becoming Darth Vader and killing the Emperor via surprise attack, trying to compare him to far superior individuals doesn't make any sense.

That statement is completely untrue and/or irrelevant. But I don't know what you're trying to imply, so I can't say for sure. Are you saying that Anakin is an unnecessary character to Star Wars? Or that he's shown no demonstration of his strength? Pick your poison.

Sorry, but if there is to be actual content discussion then you have to analyze the content itself rather than the author saying, "X is Y, THE END!". Just because Lucas says for example that Sidious is the UBER SITH LORD OF DOOM!!! doesn't make it true if there isn't proof within the content to back it up.

Sorry LoH, unfortunately for those who think as you do on this matter, Lucas has stated things that you personally don't agree with and these things are indeed canon. Feel free to argue it all you like but in the end you still lose because the "Great Maker" of the universe does indeed have final say over it. If Lucas says that "Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord ever!", that becomes canon and thusly a fact in the Star Wars universe. Even with no "proof" as you call it, see Lucas is the creator of the universe he doesn't need "proof" to make something so.

George Lucas > EU in all things Star Wars canon.

That's like trying to argue Jack Ryan's capabilities with Tom Clancy, it is a foolish thing to attempt because only Tom knows what Jack is fully capable of as it is his character, and his novels/universe. Same could be said of arguing Babylon 5 with Joe Straczynski, or Star Trek with Gene Roddenberry.

Go with your gut Gob, yer brain's workin' too hard.

Anakin's a chump, Revan wears body armor and has two sabers and a posse. End of story.

Haha, but of course. Plus his saber is purple, so that gives him Mace Windu's Pulp Fiction powers. I take my statement back... Revan lays a mushroom cloud on anyone except Mace.

I'm gonna see if I can try a comparison of these force users power, Nihilus=ultimate power apparently,

Yeah, essentially Nihilus does have a power that is maximized to the point of being the God-Power of Force abilities. However, it doesn't make him invincible and his ability destined him to die anyway.

Exile=much less powerful than Nihilus,

Yes and no. It's a much more sustainable and does not leave to self-demise.

Kreia=very powerful,

Unfortunately this is a simplification. You know that scene in Empire Strikes Back where Yoda levitates the X-Wing? There it was all about the stronger mind. Kreia probably has about average Force potential but has thousands of elite techniques and unparalleled will power. Her primary ability (controlling perception completely and utterly) is also very scary.

Sion=Immortal,

Closest thing at least.

Anakin=Chosen One,

Big deal.

Revan=Equal level to Anakin. Yeah, I believe Revan and Anakin are equal powered, at least Anakin will be equal powered given time but given Revan's experience and focus vs. Anakin's raw power and hatred, I say Revan wins, and I wasn't saying Revan would lose, just giving arguments on how he could lose....

There's a definite limit to how far Anakin could develop his abilities given the resources available if he beat Kenobi on Mustafar. Palpatine never wanted an apprentice who would exceed him, so there is very little chance he would share any elite techniques.

And how could MISSION BEAT ANAKIN?!?!? seriously, did your intelligence fall down the drain when you typed that sentence?

Revan trained an academy of Jedi hunters, consisting of non-Force sensitives good at using their emotions and unconventional methods for killing Jedi. While Mission never trained for this under Revan, she already has plenty of street smarts and the emotions of a normal person. The perfect candidate.

Okay, I admit that Mission defeating Anakin is a stretch, I was kinda joking there.

lol wut? If he hadn't been mutilated, that strength would have been focused.

How? Is Sidious going to make Anakin into a Dark Lord that would have surpassed him? We know Sidious planned to never do that.

What has he done? Saying that he's "really super duper strong" means nothing. What were those Sith techniques of his? Obviously, he must have known a thing or two, but what? There's the thought bomb, but that's hardly a combat move. He's never done anything.

Please, do. Make a list of things he's done to give evidence of exactly how strong he is. He killed Mandalore. Impressive, but how strong was Mandalore? He fought his way through the Star Forge with his friends. Impressive, but how strong are the enemies he fought? I'm not saying he's not in one of the highest tiers. We can safely assume that he is. But how strong is he, exactly?

Mandalore the Ultimate - Greatest of the Mandalorians at the time, both in strategic mentality and combat prowess. You don't become Mandalore if you aren't either.

Yusanis - Elite among the Echani.

Darth Malak - Not very bright, but his strength and determination where both on a very high level, and when he had the power of the Star Forge flowing through him it made him probably twice as powerful, along with the ability to regenerate about ten times had Revan not freed the half-dead Jedi.

Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban - Not in the least bit push overs. We're talking a very intelligent Sith Lord and an extremely skilled Dark Jedi Sentinel, with Revan's amnesia still around.

You're right. Anakin's limited knowledge of languages is his bane.

Please...sarcasm is MY fuerte. ;)

You're just using plain feat wars. I could say that RotS Anakin was the Chosen One, and could therefore beat Revan. But we don't know that for sure, because everything that Revan has done only gives a vague estimate of his power. I'm not saying that RotS Anakin could beat Revan, or vice versa. Revan is an unknown. The feats of strength that you provided mean nothing, because they're purely subjective.

Mockery: Oh Master, please list a specific list of accomplishments and indications of Revan's power. Not that you will care of course since right afterwards you'll say they are vague, subjective, and somehow invalid because your all-important movie era superceeds everything else without question because YOU say so without providing any indication of the Skywalker meatbag's accomplishments or indications of potential.

That statement is completely untrue and/or irrelevant. But I don't know what you're trying to imply, so I can't say for sure. Are you saying that Anakin is an unnecessary character to Star Wars? Or that he's shown no demonstration of his strength? Pick your poison.

It is perfectly relevant. The only significance to the plot of the prequel trilogy is that he became Darth Vader, and when he defeated the Emperor, all he did was surprise attack him by picking him up and throwing him down a reactor core. Is that power? According to the Sith Code, a Sith has to actually demonstrate his/her power is superior to claim victory. Since Vader is a Sith, we should probably judge him on this standard, and we soon find he has come up very very very short.

Sorry LoH, unfortunately for those who think as you do on this matter, Lucas has stated things that you personally don't agree with and these things are indeed canon. Feel free to argue it all you like but in the end you still lose because the "Great Maker" of the universe does indeed have final say over it. If Lucas says that "Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord ever!", that becomes canon and thusly a fact in the Star Wars universe. Even with no "proof" as you call it, see Lucas is the creator of the universe he doesn't need "proof" to make something so.

George Lucas > EU in all things Star Wars canon.

That's like trying to argue Jack Ryan's capabilities with Tom Clancy, it is a foolish thing to attempt because only Tom knows what Jack is fully capable of as it is his character, and his novels/universe. Same could be said of arguing Babylon 5 with Joe Straczynski, or Star Trek with Gene Roddenberry.

With all respect and whatnot, Redhawke...I find this somewhat poor reasoning. For one thing, the Star Wars Universe has had many different writers contributing to it. They come to Lucas of course out of respect for him as the original author, but when they create something in the canon it is canon until a retcon appears out of nowhere. Chris Avellone and whoever have just as much say in this as Lucas does. And what happens when Lucas someday dies of old age? Not that I'm hoping that's going to happen in case anyone was thinking that...:raise:

And I find people just citing author statements as the end all argument so that they are always right no matter what rather pitiful. Yes, I cited Lucas' statement on the nature of the Dark Side as part of my proof for my True Sith as Force Vampires theory, but I did that along side other pieces of information from within the canon, as well as statements from the characters that are very similar to what Lucas was saying. So far, no one has actually given me any examples of Anakin's power at all. Yes, he's beaten some Dark Jedi and a Sith Lord, only after being defeated by each one at least once. Revan killed hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith Acolytes, several Sith Masters and Lords, and two Dark Lords of the Sith (Bandon and Malak).

^ *points to the above post* OMG! Revan has an uber mask because it's Mandalorian! >.> Why is it so awsome just because it's Mandalorian... what does that have to do with him beating Anakin?

With all respect and whatnot, Redhawke...I find this somewhat poor reasoning. For one thing, the Star Wars Universe has had many different writers contributing to it. They come to Lucas of course out of respect for him as the original author, but when they create something in the canon it is canon until a retcon appears out of nowhere. Chris Avellone and whoever have just as much say in this as Lucas does. And what happens when Lucas someday dies of old age? Not that I'm hoping that's going to happen in case anyone was thinking that...:raise:

And I find people just citing author statements as the end all argument so that they are always right no matter what rather pitiful. Yes, I cited Lucas' statement on the nature of the Dark Side as part of my proof for my True Sith as Force Vampires theory, but I did that along side other pieces of information from within the canon, as well as statements from the characters that are very similar to what Lucas was saying. So far, no one has actually given me any examples of Anakin's power at all. Yes, he's beaten some Dark Jedi and a Sith Lord, only after being defeated by each one at least once. Revan killed hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith Acolytes, several Sith Masters and Lords, and two Dark Lords of the Sith (Bandon and Malak).

If I recall correctly, Revan also defeated Bastila twice and she was a Dark Lady of the Sith after Malak captured her. >.> But that's besides the point. Revan beat Malak, after Malak beat him, so would that not be the same principle as it is against Anakin? :p Sure, Malak did it the cowardly way, but he still beat Revan. But also when Revan was able to, did he not turn the defeated Sith to the Lightside? Did he not change Ajunta Pall to the Lightside? So he may have beaten them, but he did not kill them, if it was avoidable.

Archived