Home

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Endorenna

This announcement will keep me distracted from news about TOR for a minimum of the time between now and Blizzcon's end. I'm not a fan of all the class changes (but I won't let them ruin my life, I just probably won't play them) but on the subject of Tauren pallies: can you imagine the charger for those dudes?

Also, I read the leaked info on it and didn't believe it. My ego hath been bruised. By that I mean I'll keep a close eye on other announcements to see what was correctly/incorrectly leaked.

P.S. This announcement made me forget I stopped playing WoW. >_>

Not gonna lie, I am pretty excited for this. All the info was pretty much leaked before it was officially announced, and at first I didn't like the sound of some of it (and still don't in regards to some new race/class combos) but after hearing more details at Blizzcon, I think it sounds great. I love the 85 level cap as I do not particularly enjoy leveling, I am more of a get to max level as fast as possible so I can do endgame content kind of guy. The new races are just ok, but that doesn't matter too much to me. I love that they are changing all of Azeroth rather than just adding a new area like they have in the past (though they are still adding a few new areas in Azeroth). I also love how they are getting rid of useless or overcomplicated stats. Overall I think it sounds great, I just hope its release date isn't too close to SW:TOR. ;o

I attended BlizzCon 2009 and I know a lot of people that bought the DailyTV online stream, and to be there at the announcement and getting hands on with the game was awesome. I am looking forward to it, and it has turned me away from ToR for the meantime.

I am looking forward to the majority of it, except for the new race/class combinations. Tauren Paladins? A holy cow?!?! No thanks...

I am looking forward to levelling a goblin + worgen, and checking out Azeroth revamped. And mainly just the storyline and finally taking down the lich king.

I played a few minutes of the worgen class, it was quite fun. I like that you can wolf out when not in combat ^^. It's an interesting race, and Gilneas actually fits the medievil type of things.

Not gonna lie, I am pretty excited for this. All the info was pretty much leaked before it was officially announced, and at first I didn't like the sound of some of it (and still don't in regards to some new race/class combos) but after hearing more details at Blizzcon, I think it sounds great. I love the 85 level cap as I do not particularly enjoy leveling, I am more of a get to max level as fast as possible so I can do endgame content kind of guy. The new races are just ok, but that doesn't matter too much to me. I love that they are changing all of Azeroth rather than just adding a new area like they have in the past (though they are still adding a few new areas in Azeroth). I also love how they are getting rid of useless or overcomplicated stats. Overall I think it sounds great, I just hope its release date isn't too close to SW:TOR. ;o

The man is a mind reader. :D

I feel exactly the same. I also started to appreciate the game more when I turned lv 80.

I want to create a Worven Rogue...never tried to play a rogue and this expansion offers and excellent chance since most people will probably reroll to get the new races or race/class combinations. Boring solo leveling will be gone :)

I think with this expansion (should I go back to WoW) I'd dust off my (f)undead warrior for a main because prot is fun, and I have no idea how I'd explore the new old world, but I'd probably go Ally because I feel so much more attached to their zones/style.

I'd prefer a worgen druid or a worgen Death Knight. :thmbup1:

1) So, you want to be a human who turns into a wolf who turns into a cat. Identity crisis much?

2) lolDK

:p

Edit: So, back when they first announced the expansion, they had a little keyboard near the bottom of the 'Media' page that, if clicked, showed this image. They have since removed the keyboard, but evidently not the file. o_Q

Me. :p

I'd prefer a worgen druid or a worgen Death Knight. :thmbup1:

Worgen Druid is one of the race/class combos I don't like because 1. what Hallucination said and 2. Worgen are basically Humans and Humans can't be druids, so that doesn't make sense to me.

Worgen Druid is one of the race/class combos I don't like because 1. what Hallucination said and 2. Worgen are basically Humans and Humans can't be druids, so that doesn't make sense to me.

That's what I thought tbh...

And endorenna, ur making a druid, so the rogue thing stays :D because Cat form is a rogue form - HA :p

No, but I deleted my death knight and im gonna make a worgen dk and i will make a worgen druid, regardless the not suiting part of it. I am more used to druid, my main is a lvl 80 druid healer. Wanna make a bear dps this time round

2. Worgen are basically Humans and Humans can't be druids, so that doesn't make sense to me.

In Warcraft materials that I only read about, it was said that the Night Elves summoned the worgen with a scythe called the Scythe of Elune and they used it in one of the wars (might have been of the Ancients, might have been Shifting Sands, might be that I'm wrong) and then it disappeared. There are a few quests in Duskwood that involve that Shakey guy who hid it on a farm and the Dark Riders running around looking for it. So, if you pay attention in the trailer, you'll see that when the narrator says "words words words ancient allies words" it shows a few Night Elves talking to a few Worgen. That makes me think that the Night Elves bring them back to the Alliance and it's not the Gilneans saying "We want in!" to the king. That connection probably led to them becoming druids.

What I'm confused about is how the Night Elves feel loyal to a bunch of human who got a disease that makes them only look like Worgen that they got from being attacked by real Worgen.

I just want to be a Worgen druid 'cuz I don't want to be a Night Elf. :lol:

And I'd like to be a Worgen druid 'cuz that's gonna look awesome. :thmbup1:

What's wrong with a Night Elf Druid >:| That is what I play :p

SNAP! :p

And Hallucination is actually right about that, come to think of it - and btw - the narrator is thrall. :p

Oh, and nelfs rule but the druid starter robe is ugly...i hate being a tree hugger :(. Which is why i made a horde, just so i can go in warsong gulch all the time (horde provoking night elves by chopping down treeS)

The Horde get gnomes :p But they have awesome racials - they have favoured the horde with the racials...worgens just got +1% all damage and no skinning knife needed and a 6 second speed buff? but goblins got a lot more i think. They always favour da horde :(

The story behind the expansion with deathwing and such can be awesome and really gripping to play through if they do it right. Like they did with lich king, they made you find out arthas' lore so it's more interesting for you.

and btw - the narrator is thrall. :p

Since when has Thrall changed his name to Overemphasis Trailer Dude? :p

The story behind the expansion with deathwing and such can be awesome and really gripping to play through if they do it right. Like they did with lich king, they made you find out arthas' lore so it's more interesting for you.

This, but it'll be even more awesome if it were like Wotlk's only starting from level 1. =O

Archived