Home

Effects maker at your disposal

TheMysteriousStrange

Since DarthLinux has not yet replied to the email I sent on Monday, I want to apply for the position of effects maker, for DFmod or DF2mod or both.

Here are some screenies:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
0a290d6a19.jpg

Show spoiler
6ca34dcac4.jpg

Show spoiler
ecf08d43d8.jpg

Show spoiler
97a222b05b.jpg

I believe that email was forward to me. From the screenshots, I like the effects you've made so far. I'm not sure what we need but I can probably figure out a few weapon effects and so forth if I check through all the mod's files. I've sent you a PM with my contact information.

Holy crap! Those effects are freaking awesome! Get this man on board! Now!

. . . Please?

TheMysteriousStrange, I really love your work. Have you incorporated these changes into Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy proper? If so, I highly suggest that you share these with the world online as downloadable mods, if you have not done so already. Or at least share it with select individuals who have expressed interest in the (like me).

Also, I really hope you see my message and that you continue to post here. I've noticed that there have been a lot of newbies lately who sign up, ask one question, and then never post again. I really hope you'll be an active member of our community.

Thanks Zerimar, I've uploaded a mini-mod on filefront and another one is submitted but not yet up for download (It's been two weeks...), which does not contain the latest things I've made. I'll post the link when it happens. Here are some updated screenies to please your eyes:

Show spoiler

caa4062340.jpg

Show spoiler

d026983f24.jpg

Show spoiler
e6a98f0226.jpg

I can email you that lightning if you want, I'm not putting it up for release anytime soon.

Note that some of the earlier screenies are not up to the standard I can produce now since I did not have any GIMP ability two weeks ago.

The summer holiday will end in about two weeks, which means I won't have 4 hours a day to do things anymore (about an hour average, probably).

Oh and you may call me stranger instead of 'strange', they just don't allow that many characters here in a nickname:mad:.

Yeah, wow, the reviewer was needlessly patronizing.

Well, I, for one, really like what you've done! I must say, however, that the blood is putting me off from downloading it. I don't have any problem with gore in video games, it's just that it's not consistent with the way lightsabers function in the Star Wars universe. (Although I do wish the enemies blew apart when killed by an explosive device, and that they bled when doing so. Unfortunately, it's probably impossible to make them bleed only when killed by certain circumstances and not bleed when cut by a lightsaber.)

Other than that, it looks great, and I greatly look forward to a similar mod for Jedi Academy, if you're up to it. :)

Well, considering that that is only one mutilation scene out of many, I'd say that something irregular happened there. Personally, I say that Obi-Wan perhaps cut about three fourths of the way through Ponda Baba's arm, and the other one fourth tore off under the weight, since there is very little blood present. Or something.

• 5 months later...

MysteriousStrange, do you happen to have anything describing the .efx file functions?

I'm having a heck of a time figuring them out, and there is no where I can find that tells me what the lines do, what the optional parameters are, and so on.

I have effectsEd already, I don't like it. At all. I perfer to do it with notepad, but like I say, some reference would be helpful.

Thanks!

MysteriousStrange, do you happen to have anything describing the .efx file functions?

I'm having a heck of a time figuring them out, and there is no where I can find that tells me what the lines do, what the optional parameters are, and so on.

I have effectsEd already, I don't like it. At all. I perfer to do it with notepad, but like I say, some reference would be helpful.

Thanks!

Well, I just learned it by trial and error, but I'll try to help you; when I have time this afternoon, I'll write up some instructions.

Many of the lines speak for themselves, basically - 'count' indicates how many particles are spawned, 'life' denotes after how many milliseconds they disappear - so you could probably already start tweaking things just to see if you like it.

Edit: I couldn't attach it so I've uploaded it here: http://www.filefront.com/15720619/Particle.docx

I hope it's clear enough. This isn't all there's to it, of course, but it's a good start.

Archived