Home

Is a perfect game possible in JK?

Cobra SA

I played and ended dark forces without loosing a single point of shield or health, that's what I call perfect game.

Right now, I play JK (dark forces 2) in normal difficulty mode with same ambition. I am at the beginning of level 10, and I didn't loose a single point of shield/health so far (except if mandatory to access a secret area).

But level 10 seems pretty hard to me, I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible to end it without loosing shiel/health. What is your opinions good Sirs?

• 9 months later...

Hey Cobra, your post piqued my interest. I like little challenges like this so I decided to try and find a way to avoid damage on level 10. I succeeded.

Firstly, at 4:34 in the video you linked, the trick is to activate force speed (I did this with four stars, I would imagine it could be done with less though) and basically run a half circle around the downward slope. The idea is to keep your speed up by running the circle while pushing slightly against the slope in order to slow your descent, kind of like a marble rolling around a cone. Remember to run diagonally since diagonal movement is faster than forwards movement. It's tricky and may take a few dozen attempts to actually get down with no damage whatsoever, but you should find if you try this that you can get down with under 10 damage fairly easily and then just work from there and try to tweak it and keep trying until you get down completely unscathed.

As for 4:50, here the solution is much easier. Wait for the probe droid outside to start entering the vent, then jump such that you crash into the probe droid instead of the ceiling. Collisions with probe droids (and probably other flying enemies, not sure though) will stop you but won't cause any damage.

Well that's certainly a challenge! Simply ending with full health is possible whenever you have Force heal (since mana recharges with time) available or one of those health droids (which also recharge with time) since there are few time based levels.

Pretty tricky. I salute you if you're able to accomplish this. I'm happy if I can beat the game on the hardest difficulty without cheating (added bonus for completing all the secrets).

Archived