Home

Sith edition speculation. possible spoilers

JKAMaster

Okay so we see Starkiller fighting Obi-Wan on Tatooine, and Luke on Hoth. Looks like Obi-Wan will die, based on the 360 achievement. So who trains Luke as a Jedi? We know Luke takes on Starkiller at Hoth, which happened after this. So unless Luke was trained by ghost Obi-Wan, then Starkiller will be fighting a newbie with zero force training.

• 2 weeks later...
Orignally Posted by TheChosenOne

Who is Hoth?

Here ya go: http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hoth :)

Okay so we see Starkiller fighting Obi-Wan on Tatooine, and Luke on Hoth. Looks like Obi-Wan will die, based on the 360 achievement. So who trains Luke as a Jedi? We know Luke takes on Starkiller at Hoth, which happened after this. So unless Luke was trained by ghost Obi-Wan, then Starkiller will be fighting a newbie with zero force training.

Yeah, I don't know why the game's writers of TFU couldn't have been consistent with the Star Wars movies, those little inconsistencys like that are really irritating and confusing.

I don't think the TFU writers thought it through very well.

'Ultimate Sith' Edition - the new all-inclusive version announced a few weeks back, that is to come out on PC as well as the consoles.

OT: Perhaps Maris Brood will have some connection to Luke? There must have been some reason for her survival...

TFU = "the Force Unleashed" (sounds like a curse when you type out the letters)

USE = "Ultimate Sith Edition" the new version of TFU for release on consoles and PC this November

Well, the speculation is over... all this game is going to be is The Force Unleashed like on the consoles (Xbox 360/PS3) plus some new levels. It will get all the "downloadable content" that those two console versions had, plus two new levels. Since TFU:Ultimate Sith Edition will be released on consoles as well, they'll only be getting two new levels (if they played the previous material already).

The only question I have, is if anything from the console versions will be CUT from the PC version.

I have a bad feeling that the Multiplayer in this game will be really lacking. But I still hope they at least HAVE it, rather than removing it like what happened with the PC version of "Ghostbusters: the Game."

I'm getting over it right now that this will NOT be the successor to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. This will be basically a third person single player game with sabers and force, with possibly some saber dueling possibilities on the side.

On a positive note, I'm glad it's finally coming to PC, because I've been wanting a "Dark Jedi game" in the style of JK since 1998...

Incidentally.. "Star Wars Infinities" was an awful series. A nice idea, but it went in very strange, stupid directions and felt like a huge ploy to make more money, rather than provide an interesting take on the SW universe. But then a lot of bad EU material has made for decent games, so who knows? Personally I don't think they should ever be constrained by the written material when making the games. If they want to make them like the movies, fine, that's great for a "foundation" but they should be given the freedom to go wherever they want to make it fun and such.

Yeah, and remember, from what we know so far, all this is is a "special edition" of the previously released game, with a bonus pack included, that was downloadable by some of those consoles (like the Xbox 360). At least we hear there are only going to be two new levels, which will also become downloadable content for those same consoles.

But then the PC version is supposed to be based upon, or like the PS3/360 versions, as the other versions of the game on other platforms was fundamentally different, from what I hear.

I have a bad feeling that the Multiplayer in this game will be really lacking. But I still hope they at least HAVE it, rather than removing it like what happened with the PC version of "Ghostbusters: the Game."

If there is any multiplayer they need to base it off JK:JA (like that is going to happen...)

I'm getting over it right now that this will NOT be the successor to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. This will be basically a third person single player game with sabers and force, with possibly some saber dueling possibilities on the side.

I was thinking that too, glad somebody else thinks that.

I don't know where people got the idea that TFU was going to be like Jedi Knight. It's not even close.

You went on missions to complete your objective. In JKO, you had to rescue Jan and stop Desann. In JKA, you had to stop Tavion and her cult, and redeem Rosh (canonically. I like to kill the bastard when I play BaseJKA). In TFU, you had to go and kill Jedi until Vader fake-kills you, than you have to train to fight the emperor. So, the plot idea/outline is the same, its just everything else (ie. JK series has you as a Jedi, TFU has you as a Sith) is different.

You went on missions to complete your objective. In JKO, you had to rescue Jan and stop Desann. In JKA, you had to stop Tavion and her cult, and redeem Rosh (canonically. I like to kill the bastard when I play BaseJKA). In TFU, you had to go and kill Jedi until Vader fake-kills you, than you have to train to fight the emperor. So, the plot idea/outline is the same, its just everything else (ie. JK series has you as a Jedi, TFU has you as a Sith) is different.

Hundreds of games have missions where you have to save someone/kill someone. So that's not really an argument. Jedi Knight had big levels with puzzles, well balanced force powers, the possibility to use other weapons, a likable character and all games of the series take place after the battle of Endor. TFU has none of those things. I still fail to see how people could thing of TFU as a successor to the JK series.

Archived