Home

Ads redirecting to virus download

So, about 10 minutes ago I went to the Avatar/Signature Above You thread to get my spam fix, when out of nowhere I was redirected to a site called 'bestantivirusscanv4[dot]com,' which imitated my beloved Windows Explorer and attempted to coerce me into downloading a inconspicuous .exe, something which has happened once earlier this week.

Viruses make Watson RAAAAGE.

Just an fyi. o_Q

Chrome doesn't currently support add-ons, but it does have it's own anti-virus measure built in. I wasn't actually looking for advice on what to do about the attempted infection, just letting the staff know that some of their advertisers are interested in more than just advertising.

So, about 10 minutes ago I went to the Avatar/Signature Above You thread to get my spam fix, when out of nowhere I was redirected to a site called 'bestantivirusscanv4[dot]com,' which imitated my beloved Windows Explorer and attempted to coerce me into downloading a inconspicuous .exe, something which has happened once earlier this week.

If you encounter any such malicious ads here, please take note of when and where the ad appeared, make a screenshot and post it here. With this information the advertising provider can be contacted and have the bad ads removed from the rotation.

Oh, damn...I was downloading stuff in the links from Holowan in the KOTOR region and got the same thing--almost like it was attached to some of the downloads at their sites. Triggered by the downloading, new tab. Don't know which one since I was downloading several at the same time, but it's somewhere in D333's intro pages. Happened on Aug 25th.

Use Firefox with the Noscript and Adblock Plus addons. Together they will put an end to such shenanigans. :)

Noscript will not allow any script to run without your permission.

Can I make you a consultant for my PC sided stuff? :)

If you encounter any such malicious ads here, please take note of when and where the ad appeared, make a screenshot and post it here. With this information the advertising provider can be contacted and have the bad ads removed from the rotation.

Will do. Thanks. Had no idea you were looking for it, I just assumed it was my computer and all the places I've been to. Now I know what to look out for.

Archived