Home

Non-human races confirmed!

News

BioWare’s Sean Dahlberg confirmed today via forum post that non-human races will be playable. Most of us already assumed as much, but there were a few people around worrying about the lack of non-human characters shown so far. These people may now officially chillax. “You will be able to play other species, we just [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

Is this really a surprise? This is Star Wars. I'd be surprised if such a thing were not happening.

Well we've been shown nothing but human players, so many of us were starting to get our hopes down about the possibility of playing non-humans. Plus there's the difficulties of fully voicing a non-Basic speaking species, without sounding highly repetitive(I'm looking at you, Wookies and Twi'lek who speak all of 3 audible phrases for all of the Huttese language in KotOR).

Well we've been shown nothing but human players, so many of us were starting to get our hopes down about the possibility of playing non-humans. Plus there's the difficulties of fully voicing a non-Basic speaking species, without sounding highly repetitive(I'm looking at you, Wookies and Twi'lek who speak all of 3 audible phrases for all of the Huttese language in KotOR).
There's a wookiee translator app for Iphone, perhaps they could speak the lines in Basic and get the true wookiee translation from it.

Ahsoka is like 14 GDI! :p but Shaak Ti is a fine specimen imo:naughty:

Got to love those Togrutan chicks. :p

It definitely makes up for all those years of being force to play a human in nearly every Star Wars game.

I can't wait to find out what species will be available. I'm still not sure about TOR, but extra species definitely makes it more interesting.

I bet one of the races playable will be Mirialan, why do I come to this conclusion? Because on The Old Republic we find this important figure called Hylo Visz, and other than that one of the characters of the "The Old Republic" new comic "Threat of Peace Act" is a Mirialan as well and he plays a important role. My conclusion we will be able to play Mirialan's which are VERY cool :D

• 1 month later...

I dunno, I'll probably play human jedi, human trooper, and a rodian smuggler.

The reason for this is Twi'leks are cool, but I'm pretty sure the head tails won't be animated, so I'm not intrested in jumping around with it staying exactly in place, that, and in case you haven't noticed, male Twi'leks are very.

VERY.

Ugly, I mean, just look at a few of them:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Bib_Fortuna.jpg

Orn_free_taa.jpg

Ruyn.jpg

250px-Zhar.jpg

Eugh.

I also don't want to be a Wookiee, because I'd rather not have my character barking at me when I try to fight something I can't or don't have any inventory space.

Kel Dor sound pretty cool, I might try one if they include them in the game.

Archived