• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante,

Had a bad cold, nevertheless

Is known to be the wisest woman in Europe,

With a wicked pack of cards. Here, said she,

Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,

(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)

Here is Belladonna, the Lady of the Rocks,

The lady of situations.

Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,

And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,

Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,

Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find

The Hanged Man. Fear death by water.

I see crowds of people, walking round in a ring.

Thank you. If you see dear Mrs. Equitone,

Tell her I bring the horoscope myself:

One must be so careful these days.

As Mercury rises in the third house of Jupiter, Sagittarius ascends in the fifth house Pisces, and you should beware of your more tenacious, unyielding side. Be wary of upsetting friends and allies you may need in the coming weeks and months, and be careful to be understanding towards people in your power; your positions may just reverse in the near future. As pisces arises in the second house of Saturn, you may feel that you are going round and round in circles. Don't let it get to you; you're making more headway than you think.

Stuff and nonsense in my opinion; predicting the future is a mug's game at the best of times. And if these methods do not rely on vagueness, trickery and the human mind's habit of seeing patterns where they aren't, then they rely upon meddling in powers that are best left undisturbed.

Do not send to know for whom the bell tolls...

Well I got a pack of Tarrot Cards and have used them and they have worked for me. I wondered what everyone thought about them or if they work for other people.

Just out of curiosty MTS, what is the name of the Tarrot Deck that you are using?

Example: Are you using the Thoth, Rider-Waite, Hanson-Roberts, Universal Waite or any of the others that I've not named.

meddling in powers that are best left undisturbed.

Do not send to know for whom the bell tolls...

Hemingway vs Potter in one post. Impressive :thmbup1:

Tarot cards and ouija boards are good summer camp fun that you can play around on with the girls from the camp across the lake.

Ive never been to a summer camp so I'm basing that on data gathered from American teen films :confused:

mtfbwya

Just out of curiosty MTS, what is the name of the Tarrot Deck that you are using?

Example: Are you using the Thoth, Rider-Waite, Hanson-Roberts, Universal Waite or any of the others that I've not named.

I use a set I baught in a bookstore it is a they are made by the Running Press I don't know what kind they are but I'm going to buy a better set soon.

Ehh, it's called horojoke for the reason that it is so vague and amusing.

Look, I'm not trying to shut it down or nothing but it seems a lot like methodical psychological trickery. Self and mutual.

@ astro: heheheh... With the girls accross the lake--and a nice bottle of absynthe and a camera. :devsmoke:

Ive never been to a summer camp so I'm basing that on data gathered from American teen films :confused:

Later in these films don't the afforementioned teens end up either demon posessed or killed by some sort of (para-normal) serial killer?

Tarot cards and ouija boards are good summer camp fun that you can play around on with the girls from the camp across the lake.

Is it fun when those pesky demons or serial killers are after you later on? ;):xp:

I use ouija bordes too and had one work so don't put those down

You do realise that the exorcist is based around real life story surrounding a boy, a ouija board and a reported case of severe demon possession in the 1950's. Either they are a load of poo, or they are something you shouldn't dabble in - either way using them is not a course that should be reccomended.

I use ouija bordes too and had one work so don't put those down

IIRC Mandalore, you were interested in being a Ghost Hunter and believed in the scientfic validity of paranormal investigations, despite the significant amount fo scientific evidence refuting it.

Tarot, ouija, ghost hunting - all fun to be sure... but please dont take it too seriously...

Next someone will be telling us that that the universe was created by a big bearded dude, who can make other dudes that look like him out of dust....

Charlie Darwin says "nuh-uh"

mtfbwya

Tarot, ouija, ghost hunting - all fun to be sure... but please dont take it too seriously...

While meddling in the 'Dark Arts' is certainly not for me, and I agree with your points, I don't see why that should stop others from taking them seriously.

While meddling in the 'Dark Arts' is certainly not for me, and I agree with your points, I don't see why that should stop others from taking them seriously.

I'm not so sure that you would call it the "Dark Arts", I mean some individuals use some of those methods just to obtain info.

Ouija boards can be your worse nightmare though, if used at the wrong place, the wrong time, etc. It's like going into graveyards with dowsing rods after 3 A.M., looking for ghosts, that is one big NO-NO for damn sure.

Edit: BTW, I should say - that you really don't want to using dowsing rods in a graveyard at any time in the day and especially at night in any case. It's just not a good idea at all.

... I don't see why that should stop others from taking them seriously.

A flagrant disregard for the scientific method is always to be treated with caution as far as being offered as a standard of proof.

Many cultures have traditions and superstitions - it helps define ones identity and can give people comfort. That is a valid reason to hang onto such things... we have many in our part of the world... Im even wearing my 'evil eye' charm given to me by my grandmother right now...

But to use them as explanations of the mechanics of the universe.... this has not been proven. If someone says 'this has not been proven yet but I still believe in it' fair enough, it becomes a matter of faith - but when people start using ghostbuster equipment and claim they have irrefutable evidence - it must be able to withstand the same level of scrutiny as any other scientific discovery.

To this date, it has not.

mtfbwya

*pulls out card*

The Five of Potatoes? WELP, guess that means I'm gonna burn down these chips here.

*pulls out second card*

The Gloved Hand Caressing The Wand? WELLLLLLLLLP.

*pulls out another card*

The Quandry of Sabres

ah, what to do you with you sabres, what to do.... :confused::p

mtfbwya

Archived