Home

Welcome to the Madhouse!!

stingerhs

and that's Batman: Arkham Asylum for the rest of you civilized delinquents.

on a more serious note, has anyone else picked this one up?? i picked it up the other day for my 360, and i been absolutely mesmerized by it. great gameplay in general thus far, and the graphics are superb as well. the story keeps you on your toes in the insane way that it can (since its largely orchestrated by the Joker).

i'm holding on my full review till i actually finish the thing, though. ;)

I'm too lazy to type up something original so I'll just quote a post I made about the game from my own forum :p

Played the demo just then.

Very nice. Love the combat and love the detective mode... reminded me a lot of Metroid Prime lol. It's nice how the demo was laid out, by the time you get to the last part of the demo you've learnt all you need to learn for that area and you can just let loose.

On the last part I was stealth diving on enemies and punching ones that came close and then grappling myself back up to the gargoyles before they noticed I was even there. Very cool once you get your movements down and it feels just like how you would see it in all of the various batman media.

It's coming out on Thursday down here... If I can find it cheaper than full price, I'll try and get it right away.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, it seems that i forgot to post a review on this one.

The Good: excellent but simple combat system is easy to pick up but has the depth to keep you involved throughout the game. the game never feels like its too hard or too easy. the stealth mechanics are excellent and really make you feel like Batman. excellent voice acting, too.

The Bad: the upgrade system. why can't Batman just progress naturally (and he does, to some extent) instead of having to purchase upgrades as he goes?? character customization is great, but there are a number of points in the game where you really need certain upgrades that you could've purchased (but you didn't purchase).

The Ugly: why oh why does the Forensics Vision mode have to be so useful?? the game has some of the best graphics out there, but you'll be spending the majority of your time looking at a bland overlay that shows you where enemies are and any other places of interest on that particular level.

Overall: this is one of those great games that should be enjoyed by gamers everywhere. 10/10

The Bad: the upgrade system. why can't Batman just progress naturally (and he does, to some extent) instead of having to purchase upgrades as he goes?? character customization is great, but there are a number of points in the game where you really need certain upgrades that you could've purchased (but you didn't purchase).

Never had that problem. Always knew which upgrades would be the ones I needed the most. Plus the game has a great way of putting many different methods of getting to the next area for you to use so even if you don't have an upgrade which'll be useful in that area, you have many different ways of going about it.

The Ugly: why oh why does the Forensics Vision mode have to be so useful?? the game has some of the best graphics out there, but you'll be spending the majority of your time looking at a bland overlay that shows you where enemies are and any other places of interest on that particular level.

XD Yeah, for 98% of the game I was in Detective mode lol... though I didn't think that was so bad.

My problem with the game is probably that it's really quick to get through on story mode and not THAT hard to solve all of The Riddler's challenges. I've done the story 100% and now all that's left are the challenge modes which I haven't even touched yet XD

Oh and hard mode, forgot about that... I'll end up doing that much later though.

• 3 months later...

bought a ps3 with my xmas money, and because I haven't heard nought but good reviews about it, I bought Batman:AA - And I finished it tonight..As soon as I got in, just went on it, and found it really addictive. The voice acting for the joker is amazing, there were even parts of the game where he scared me a little!

I have nothin but good vibes from this game, it's brill. And I look forward to

AA2 - I wonder wassup with the joker/how he's escaped etc.

My thoughts on debut trailer:

The town is run down with thugs all over - so I reckon he's made a part of gotham, or all of gotham, arkham asylum if you know what I mean, just let the entire thing loose upon the city. I saw a poster, and a man on it looked awfully like two face to me. Then you see Harley Quinn and she wears the sme clothes....Please..god...don't ruin the game and reuse models...plz dont..

The joker, i think, looks very old, so maybe it's years into the future. I assume he is old because of his wrinkly/bubbly face, but it could be a venom symptom thing. He also has a blood pack stand thing next to him. Is he dying? Near enough dead? Anyways, if I am right and it is years to the future - I really wouldn't mind kickin joker ass as a 60-odd yr old bruce wayne :D pretty badass if you ask me.

EDIT : One bad point, I hate the camera angle when walkin... what is it with games and characters being on the left side?? It makes me feel sick - must be something to do with the motion sickness I get.

Archived