Home

Placeables "missing" in KT???

Achilles

For example, KOR711.

If you look under Blueprint, Placeables none of the rubble piles, wicker baskets, etc are listed. They are referenced in the .git file, but nothing in KT. If I open up the .rim file using stoffe's editor, they aren't listed there either.

Any suggestions?

IIRC, most of those you can't interact with. The module may be using the default game placeables, by referencing and getting them used straight from templates.bif.

As I recall, there are about five item drops in that area (four of which are probably random loot), which may have placeables inside the BIF. For the corpse, it may be spawned in, or it could be in the game defaults as well - given

that Dustil had gone mad in there in earlier plot drafts

, it seems like it was an area that was in the game in some form or another pretty early on. Unfortunately my computer died earlier, so I can't check. :(

IIRC from doing Azgath's Tomb, though, the module had placeables in it, though. You definitely extracted 711KOR_s.rim?

Edit: Damn, beaten to it by Exile. :p

Those are "stock" placeables. They aren't edited to be custom. They can be found in BIFs-Templates-Blueprint, Placeables. ;)

IIRC, most of those you can't interact with. The module may be using the default game placeables, by referencing and getting them used straight from templates.bif.

I thought of that too. When I checked, I noticed that none of those have inventory or scripts associated to generate inventory (so I'm not sure how the inventory is being added).

I'm 99% sure that however it's being done, it not via the standard random loot scripts.

I just ran through 711KOR with no mods that affect it, and I did encounter some placeables that had items. It's likely that the "stock" placeables have some kind of spawn script that adds items to them. It is also possible, however that they are added via a 711kor spawn-in script.

I just ran through 711KOR with no mods that affect it, and I did encounter some placeables that had items.

Yep :)

Hence why I was looking for how that's done and curious as to why none of them are listed under Blueprint, Placeables ;)

It's likely that the "stock" placeables have some kind of spawn script that adds items to them.

Nope.

Per my last post, they are without inventory and without scripts that typically generate inventory.

It is also possible, however that they are added via a 711kor spawn-in script.

Indeed it is possible. However this would seem to be the only module in the game in which this happens. Also, I'm not sure it would account for the variety of loot found (more and higher quality in some containers than in others, etc). *confused*

EDIT: I wonder if it's all being done via k_def_spn_t_jed2. Lemme test.

EDIT2: Ok, checked. One of the containers has its inventory generated by k_def_spn_t_jed2. The rest are generated by another means.

Does the area have a custom loot script, maybe? Like I said, it seems to have been around since early in the game's development, so...

There is one. I thought that it generated the reward after the fight with Revan, but I checked the dialogs and found *that* wasn't the case, so I tested it. It does generate loot for one container, but that's it. :(

EDIT:

Okay, problem solved (I think). Per Exile and DI's suggestion, I went back and started looking at placeables in the .git, entry-by-entry. Way down at the end there are some standard placeables that *do* have scripts associated with them. Apparently the spot-checking I did earlier was insufficient to catch these. Thanks for the help, gentlemen.

Archived