Home

Battlefront...IV!?

Jeff

do you know where these pics came form?

and If these are legit then battlefront 3 is definitely on it's way. Or perhaps the fourth installment was started before the third went to hell and back. Maybe they'll slap BF3 on the fourth and put the past behind them.

I have a theory about this. Based off of pretty much everything that LA has done in the past 2 years, its quite clear they are on a mission to make star wars cannon as absolutely terrible as possible, possibly to allow the creation of a new god vehicle like the sun crusher or something. Regardless of why, I believe that the reason for this is because the number 3 is being removed from star wars cannon. Why? Why not, they already have the new story of Battlefront:Who Cares What Its Called that looks like it was probably stolen from a 7 year old playing with legos, why not just continue the streak started by the latest movie by continuing to amp up the sheer level of crap in star wars cannon.

I have a theory about this. Based off of pretty much everything that LA has done in the past 2 years, its quite clear they are on a mission to make star wars cannon as absolutely terrible as possible, possibly to allow the creation of a new god vehicle like the sun crusher or something. Regardless of why, I believe that the reason for this is because the number 3 is being removed from star wars cannon. Why? Why not, they already have the new story of Battlefront:Who Cares What Its Called that looks like it was probably stolen from a 7 year old playing with legos, why not just continue the streak started by the latest movie by continuing to amp up the sheer level of crap in star wars cannon.

??Are you speaking up the Dagobah level?

You know, i've been hearing A BUNCH of rumors the past few weeks about star wars BFIII. One big thing i heard was that they were going to put a dark Obi-Wan Kenobi in it. I think that do this would be a very bad idea, because Obi-Wan never ever swayed form the light. EVER. I also heard that their going to be putting alot of the old republic sith in there, like darth Bane, Darth Nihilus, and others like that. Thats just some of the few rumors i've been hearing. The one that got me most though was the darth obi-wan. I mean come on, yeah if they came out with a battlefront III, I would be exstatic, but if their thinking of putting a darth obi-wan in it, then that means there running out of ideas and should stop.

I can't stand the clone wars myself. I love the classic movies and the books that came out with luke, leia, han, etc. The Thrawn Trilogy was the best! Actually Shadows of the Empire ties for first place in my books! Prince Xizor, Dash Rendar, Guri, Kyle Katarn and Dark Troopers are the best EU material. If they make a battlefront III and use EU those should be included.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is genuine... I would think that the idea has been scrapped. Their not going to release an SWBF4 when 3 isn't even part of the picture. If Free Radical was to release 3... then it makes sense that 4 was already a thought and going through a concept phase. My best guess is that Free Radical dropping out of the picture threw a wrench into the plans.. and Battlefront has undergone a re-thought. If true, this only confirms to me that Battlefront is still in the minds of Lucas Arts... Which is good news for all of us. I hope to see something in 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
is it just me or does it sound a bit strange that they are making a BF4 before there is even a BF3???

i dont believe this crap for a second.

Whoever said they were making a BF4?

Haha, noizer they only made Concept Art for BF4. :p They never actually started development. However, I've heard that Crytek may be working on BF3 (they're developing one of two games, BF3 or some other game) using the Cryengine 3 (dream come true). Don't quote it as a matter of fact though.

Archived