Home

Elder Scrolls V

Taak Farst

Damn, I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it was in development. I really enjoyed the whole idea behind Oblivion (open world high fantasy RPG), but Oblivion had a great many flaws. So was hoping TES5 would be Oblivion with updated graphics and all the flaws hammered out; would've been perfect, too bad :confused:.

I've never played Morrowind but I have played Oblivion. I found that the interface, environment, combat system, classes, abilities, and backstory were awesome. However, the dialog was wretched as I had to listen to the same five or six voice actors over and over again. It was actually worse than listening to the Twi'leks in KOTOR. It added to the fact that the characters were quite uncreative. In addition, the levels of Oblivion (Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands) were unbelievably repetitive. Each Sigil Stone felt like a chore.

Personally I wish someone would do some sort of Partial Conversion where they:

-Get some amateur voice actors from VoiceActingAlliance.com to redo the lines of most of the characters.

-Add some more variety to the levels of Oblivion.

-Expand the game in general. Create more Oblivion realms like Shivering Isles and what not.

Morrowind was the high point of the series and Oblivion pales in comparison to it. I'm not surprised that it's continuing to go downhill from there. Oh, well.

It goes along with "reality" TV and all that crap if you ask me: no real need to pay for writers, scenarists, actors & all...To be (overly) simplistic: just throw a bunch of people together, watch and collect.

Anyway, MMOs are not for me: I play games in an irregular manner and often when I don't have internet access. And I just love to mod every PC game I play :p

In matters of a TES MMO... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot like WOW. There might even end up being some competion between WOW and TESV.

It will probably follow the same cycle that the previous WoW competitors did: Couple hundred thousand WoW fans cancel their accounts and head over to new MMO thinking it is going to be the new big thing. After a month or two, they slowly dwindle back to wow forums and such, hear about an expansion pack, and then go back to WoW.

In matters of a TES MMO... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot like WOW. There might even end up being some competion between WOW and TESV.

Right now, The Old Republic looks be the biggest challenger to WoW. As much as a first-person MMO would be appealing to try, Bethesda would have to pull some radical **** to get people to look away from Warcrack and Star Wars.

Right now, The Old Republic looks be the biggest challenger to WoW. As much as a first-person MMO would be appealing to try, Bethesda would have to pull some radical **** to get people to look away from Warcrack and Star Wars.

No it doesn't. TOR is only an indirect competitor in the fact that it's an MMO. WoW and TOR cater to two separate genres of the game marketplace, even if it's a better game, TOR will never give me my fantasy gaming needs and WoW will never give me my sci-fi needs. The most direct competitor to WoW will be Guild Wars 2 should they pull it off well. AION is cool, but too Korean for most tastes, it lacks the "gritty" feeling of Western fantasy.

It will probably follow the same cycle that the previous WoW competitors did: Couple hundred thousand WoW fans cancel their accounts and head over to new MMO thinking it is going to be the new big thing. After a month or two, they slowly dwindle back to wow forums and such, hear about an expansion pack, and then go back to WoW.

It's true, a game not only needs to be superior in quality, but in staying power. I have to come home every day and say to myself "I want to play *new game* and won't even think about WoW." Otherwise I'll start remembering my friends and the good times in WoW, and I'll play it instead.

While it is sad that all the RPG makers seem to be gravitating towards MMOs, there is one good thing. It'll be the indie developers who make the next great single player RPGs, and they won't cost as much to buy.

Studios that will be bought out by EA and have their games sequeled to death by shoddy, poorly made offshoots almost entirely unrelated to the original game...ala "Sim Societies" *puke*

While it is sad that all the RPG makers seem to be gravitating towards MMOs, there is one good thing. It'll be the indie developers who make the next great single player RPGs, and they won't cost as much to buy.

Whoop-dee-doo. I'm sure those chumps are well on their way to making the next Morrowind. I'm sure they have large dev teams and millions of dollars to make it with? Not to mention the licensing. lol.

Whoop-dee-doo. I'm sure those chumps are well on their way to making the next Morrowind. I'm sure they have large dev teams and millions of dollars to make it with? Not to mention the licensing. lol.

Every team has to start somewhere. All of the big names in gaming started off exactly where DoubleBear are now. Granted, it may be harder now to break into the industry than it was when Id, Bethesda and other developers were making their names, but that doesn't mean they should stop because they don't have the same financial backing and support as larger studios.

This:

but that doesn't mean they should stop because they don't have the same financial backing and support as larger studios.

Therefore, this:

Whoop-dee-doo. I'm sure those chumps are well on their way to making the next Morrowind.

I think we're done here.

Archived