Home

Quick Question

FaZzZa99

1.) In theory, yes. It is quite possible, though I haven't actually used the TSL patcher, I've just seen it from a distance, like me installing a mod that uses the TSL patcher. :)

2.) I have not one clue, because as I have said, I haven't really dealt with TSL patcher before, but I am more than willing to learn and then help you out further. :D

1, Can mods utilizing the TSL Patcher add stuff to an existing nwnscript (nss) file without completely overriting it

No, it doesn't unfortunatly it would be too complicated with all custom made scripts. To quote Stoffe, the TSLpatcher creator;

Can't edit scripts, that would be horrendously complicated since you'd have no way of knowing where to insert any new code in already custom-edited scripts, nor if any edited things would still be present to edit or if they've already been changed by another mod. It's one of those aspects that have to be done manually.Would be 100 times more work to implement that than all other features combined.

2, what does the nwnnsscomp exe found in the tslpatchdata folder do, does it have something to do with this?

nwnnsscomp is a NWScript script compiler. Turns source code (NSS) into bytecode (NCS) that the game can read.

Currently TSLP can just insert custom values into a script source and then compile it and insert the resulting NCS file in the override folder or an ERF/RIM archive, and it'd either overwrite existing files with the same name or issue a warning and skip them, depending on settings. Can't do anything with the existing file.(Handy if you need non-static values from a 2DA file or a TLK file strref in the script)

Alrighty then... I stand corrected. =/ Perhaps eventually someone will come along and aid you in your conquest. ^-^ I unfortunately can not.

Well, it will always be pretty much impossible with custom scripts, because there would be no way of telling any programme what should and shouldn't be changed, and at what point code should or should not be inserted, unfortunatly one of those things that has to be changed by a human... Sorry! :(

Archived