Home

Sony To Develop A Free-To-Play Clone Wars MMO?

News

Don't be so quick- the newer episodes are much more what we, as Star Wars fans, and not 5-year-olds, are used to.

Indeed.

I ignore everything that is Clone Wars these days. It's aimed at a younger audience (the audience watching the animated series), so it wasn't going to be my cup of tea anyway.

Some episodes yes. Others, not for such an young audience.

By that logic, ANH was made for a younger audience too. Did you ignored it?

I respect your opinion if you don't like the show, but it's a bit strange to judge a series for some episodes and completely ignoring the rest...

I'm 22, and I watch it. Am I a kid? :rolleyes:

As for the MMO, if it's free, what do I have to loose? I'll give it a try.

• 1 month later...

No children, Anakin is NOT cooler than Han Solo...who is Han Solo?!?! You know the guy who flies the Millennium Falcon. What's the Falcon?!?!

[robot chicken Darth Sidious]"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?[/robot chicken Darth Sidious]

My kids love clone wars, I find it to be OK. It's watchable and even enjoyable at times, but not something I'd watch 18 zillion times like the movies. The kids will love the MMO, I'll love the price.

I watch the Clone Wars with my kids (they are 5 and 3), but in all honestly, I think I enjoy it more than they do. They often get bored half-way through. However, they ALWAYS ask to watch the movies (both the OT and the PT), and never seem to tire of those.

As for the animated series - it's certainly not the OT - but I am surprised by the rampant criticism on these boards. The series is at least entertaining and, after a kiddish start, has really started to show some more grown-up themes.

As for the animated series - it's certainly not the OT - but I am surprised by the rampant criticism on these boards. The series is at least entertaining and, after a kiddish start, has really started to show some more grown-up themes.

Indeed. Many here judge the series by the movie, others say it's a kids show and don't even give it a shot. (and also forget that Star Wars movies were made for kids too.) I wished there was a Star Wars tv series like this during my childhood.

Many people out there say that the tv series is even better than the prequels. (Which in terms of story and acting, they're right)

Indeed. Many here judge the series by the movie, others say it's a kids show and don't even give it a shot. (and also forget that Star Wars movies were made for kids too.) I wished there was a Star Wars tv series like this during my childhood.

Many people out there say that the tv series is even better than the prequels. (Which in terms of story and acting, they're right)

That's a great point - I absolutely wish there was something like this when I was a kid. Hell I'm grateful for it now. With the droughts SW fans have had to suffer through, this is actually a really good time to be a fan with all that's out there and what's to come (i.e. the live action series).

Additionally, I have 2 kids (5 and 3), and sometimes my kids actually get scared during the show. The recent episode with the Geonosian mind-controlling worm-things freaked them out. There are also some pretty brutal deaths for a "kids show". One recent example is Bariss Offee and Ahsoka confronting a trooper that had been "infected" by the worms - the solution was quick and simple - a lightsaber through the chest at point blank range. She literally placed the hilt to his chest and ignited the saber. Not gory, but not aimed at kids either.

Ignoring the Mandalorian issue, which I'm still unsure about, I really like the direction Dave Filoni is taking the show.

That's a great point - I absolutely wish there was something like this when I was a kid. Hell I'm grateful for it now. With the droughts SW fans have had to suffer through, this is actually a really good time to be a fan with all that's out there and what's to come (i.e. the live action series).

Exactly. The best thing this show is doing is not letting Star Wars die. This show is creating a new generation of Star Wars fans, and pleasing the old ones.

Ignoring the Mandalorian issue, which I'm still unsure about, I really like the direction Dave Filoni is taking the show.

Me too. On a side note, the Death Watch bomber and his suicide was definitely not made for kids either.

About this game, here's a very recent print of Station Launcher. The info about TCW was removed some time after:

ScreenHunter_01Feb051703.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
I don't really think the audiences for TOR and a game like this are the same. With a browser based MMO, the playerbase are going to be casual and probably younger considering it will be based on the Clone Wars TV show.

Yeah I think it would be more akin to a Club Penguin or NeoPets.

The Clone Wars is a pretty meaty brand for LucasArts right now. They may as well strike while the oven is hot.

Although I seem to remember Sony Online and LucasArts sort of not doing so well with their other Star Wars MMO project....

Archived