Home

Lucasarts is going to announce Lucidity.

spiralout

I'm afraid the days of LucasArts excitement are over for me. The recent "comeback" only tarnished their name even more in my mind, based on MI:SE and its awful quality control. I'll probably get shot for this but beside the graphical glitches, I just don't think the graphics are that good at all. They're actually pretty damn terrible, much more so at the intended 1920x1080. If they can't even get that right, what are the chances of a whole new title being any good? Following on from recent LEC public relations genius, Lucidity will probably be cancelled in a few months and even if it isn't it will probably be rather terrible.

Telltale is the new LucasArts. Any announcement from them is worth getting excited about. LucasArts has been dead for more than a decade and still is.

And yes I do hate saying that.

I'm afraid the days of LucasArts excitement are over for me. The recent "comeback" only tarnished their name even more in my mind, based on MI:SE and its awful controls.

I'll probably get shot for this but beside the graphical glitches, I just don't think the graphics are that good at all. They're actually pretty damn terrible, much more so at the intended 1920x1080.

No, I totally agree with you. What a disappointment it was. I literally cannot play the MI:SE.

However, that doesn't mean Lucidity won't be excellent, though.

Hopefully this is actually developed in-house by LA and not yet another outsource. Here's hoping for some quality, though. :)

I'm sure that's not how LucasArts rolls now. For the three head artists that might be leading this game, I'm sure you'll find another 15 Singaporean artists with a separate art director in the credits.

The Rogue book just ended with a ton of stuff on third party studios lazily described as either failing to deliver or being as being Lucasart's new pro team. I'm not sure what anyone does at the actual Lucas studio or why that is so hushed. Either way, I fail to see how Lego Star Wars belongs in a book about LucasArts. (Or Armed and Dangerous for that matter, although I am a Nick Bruty fan.)

Yeah it'd be nice if it came to Steam as well, but right now all that's confirmed is XBLA.

Not even XBLA is confirmed. I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's going to be on 360, considering the lay-out and all that, but they never confirmed it will be downloadable. One of the developers said on GAF that, while they didn't even tell him (one of the writers) what platforms it will be on, it's a great deal bigger than the Penny Arcade Adventures-titles, and the game could be way too big to be downloadable. Size isn't really a limitation on PC though, so I guess it could be on Steam and Playgreenhouse. I think I'll play it on my 360, I don't think my laptop is awesome enough for the game.

Gametrailers posted a promo for the announcement (as reported by The Tingler on Mojo), and when the guy says "brand new original game" there are shots of blurred Monkey Island concept art, along with one shot of what I'm pretty sure is Lucidity's main character (probably called either Lucy or Miss Killstriker, my money's on the latter).

Not even XBLA is confirmed. I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's going to be on 360, considering the lay-out and all that, but they never confirmed it will be downloadable. One of the developers said on GAF that, while they didn't even tell him (one of the writers) what platforms it will be on, it's a great deal bigger than the Penny Arcade Adventures-titles, and the game could be way too big to be downloadable. Size isn't really a limitation on PC though, so I guess it could be on Steam and Playgreenhouse. I think I'll play it on my 360, I don't think my laptop is awesome enough for the game.
I don't really see a puzzle game like this doing much in retail stores especially as a full priced title, I can't remember the last time I heard about a game that wasn't $60 being released in stores for 360. It makes the most sense from what little we know to be a $10-20 title on XBLA I think.

Dammit, if there's a resurgence of adventure games, LucasArts has to be at the forefront. People always say that adventure games are dead, but I've seen it to be one of the most industrious genres out there, just not the most popular. There are dozens of quality indie adventure games out there, especially after LA quit doing adventures.

Make more quality adventure games, LA. Yeaaaaaaaaah.

And for the PC.

I don't really see a puzzle game like this doing much in retail stores especially as a full priced title, I can't remember the last time I heard about a game that wasn't $60 being released in stores for 360. It makes the most sense from what little we know to be a $10-20 title on XBLA I think.

Wow, sorry, I don't know why I posted that here. I thought I was talking about Deathspank. I have to stop posting after working non-stop for 10 hours.

Archived