Home

Coruscant confirmed @ PAX. New footage!

News

A trailer for the planet Coruscant has been shown at the Penny Arcade Expo, confirming the planet as playable and showing off some of the environment. There’s also some combat gameplay, which includes a very brief look at some of the Jedi’s moves and some fancy robe-swishing physics. Thanks to the boys at DarthHater.com for the [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

I think that Sith warrior gameplay must of been old, because the Jedi in this footage seemed so much better developed, movement and looks wise.

Cool Stuff, Glad it wasn't just the senate and Jedi temple as they look 2.7 thousand years later... maybe they should communicate that to the Comic crew.

This announcement is kind of like the Sith Warrior in that we all knew it was coming, there was no way they would do this game without Coruscant. That said, it's cool to see some footage, especially of the Jedi which looked awesome.
Yes, nobody doubted Coruscant was going to be in there, but it's nice to finally get some word about it. I agree on the Jedi. Moves smoother than his Sith Warrior counterpart.

Interesting video: definitely good to know that Coruscant's going to be playable, but I don't think for a second anyone doubted that it wouldn't be in here. The Jedi was fancy and whatnot, but I have a strange feeling that everybody's younger cousin is going to want to be a Jedi, now. :xp:

Being that it's a Star Wars game, wasn't that the case to being with?

Correct, a massive amount will be Sith, "I'm a Badass Darksider, killing is cool", But I know for a fact that all the SWG exiles (The Horror) will probably all come on there high horses saying they refuse to play Jedi because of the NGE (Cry more already) that. coupled with the snobbish "I wont lower myself to play Jedi, I'll be playing the ranged interesting classes"... I'm guessing it will be pretty balanced.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Said swg posse, and general idiots, griefing Jedi's because they think they are better than them because they played the "Old" SWMMO, and somehow have ownership on the IP or have experience whatever...

^

Agreed. Also worth mentioning is that you play the ELITE of you kind with every character. You don't play a REGULAR trooper but an Elite one. Same goes for bounty hunter.

Jedi will slice through standard thugs. But Bounty hunters equiped like Fett? Or Smugglers with the cunning of Han Solo?

I'm still doubting what to play. Smuggler seems extremely cool, but I hadmy heart set on (LS) Sith. But if there'll be young Revanpwer1997's running around the Sith temple the immersion I need (which WoW rocks on) will be gone.

Choices, choices...

^

Agreed. Also worth mentioning is that you play the ELITE of you kind with every character. You don't play a REGULAR trooper but an Elite one. Same goes for bounty hunter.

Jedi will slice through standard thugs. But Bounty hunters equiped like Fett? Or Smugglers with the cunning of Han Solo?

I'm still doubting what to play. Smuggler seems extremely cool, but I hadmy heart set on (LS) Sith. But if there'll be young Revanpwer1997's running around the Sith temple the immersion I need (which WoW rocks on) will be gone.

Choices, choices...

Actually, in an interview with executive producer Tom Nichols, he confirmed that there will be naming filters, so no Revans or Malaks or whatever else. So that at least helps that part of it.

Correct, a massive amount will be Sith, "I'm a Badass Darksider, killing is cool", But I know for a fact that all the SWG exiles (The Horror) will probably all come on there high horses saying they refuse to play Jedi because of the NGE (Cry more already) that. coupled with the snobbish "I wont lower myself to play Jedi, I'll be playing the ranged interesting classes"... I'm guessing it will be pretty balanced.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Said swg posse, and general idiots, griefing Jedi's because they think they are better than them because they played the "Old" SWMMO, and somehow have ownership on the IP or have experience whatever...

And the funny thing is, TOR looks more like SWG's NGE rather than anything else. I'm sure they'll be whining and crying after the first week of the game's release...

Actually, in an interview with executive producer Tom Nichols, he confirmed that there will be naming filters, so no Revans or Malaks or whatever else. So that at least helps that part of it.

Yet somehow we'll still probably see Re'''''vvva''''nnnn and the like...

Welcome to the internet. :)

Everyone's got an ego here. Whether it's the WoW group, the SWG group, the KOTOR4LIFE group, or the wookiepedia referencer. They're all going to be on the game.

That's one of the great things about MMOs, interacting with people from different backgrounds through a shared passion. So what if they refuse to play Jedi because of SWG, everyone has their reasons for choosing a class. If they're elitist about non-Jedihood they'll eventually get shut up by someone, whether through PvP or just /ignore.

Archived