Home

Prosthetics?

Fredi

It's already in the game ;)

Read the Sith Warrior bio. They don't shun the usage of biomechanics and such. I think that includes prosthetics.

Hmmm good, I didn't saw it. But is nice to know we can be able to have a prosthetic. Hope it can be used on all types of classes.

• 1 month later...

Maybe during your adventure there is a point in the story where you make a choice which could lead to you injuring a body part/limb. Then you are given an option to have it replaced with a prosthetic or to have it repaired through healing.

There has to be a balance to prosthetics if they give bonuses since everyone and their grandma will want one.

I would leave the prosthetic as more of a symbol of how you dealt with a certain quest and this is a battle scar if you choose to have the limb replaced.

People will get prosthetics just because it looks cool and adds diversity, you don't need to really give a bonus.

Maybe during your adventure there is a point in the story where you make a choice which could lead to you injuring a body part/limb. Then you are given an option to have it replaced with a prosthetic or to have it repaired through healing.

For the latter: Regenerative or perhaps genetic replacement. However this would cause quite the moral conundrum for those predisposed against cloning. (Hm, where have we heard about THIS before IRL? :rolleyes:)

There may be also options for the dooku esque purists against both options...as in you have lost that limb for good... :(

There has to be a balance to prosthetics if they give bonuses since everyone and their grandma will want one.

Well, I would imagine it would be something like more susceptibility to droid specific damaging weapons, to magnetic or RF, etc. Also, electricity conductivity would be enhanced I'd think. And while the prosthesis itself may remain unharmed, the biological insulation (your adjacent body) would be, well, the worse for wear.

I.E. in an RP my pal and I played, what happened to my character is that his lungs and some of his internal organs had been cut up and stabbed so many times. So I ended up getting synth lungs and other organs. Bonus is increased stamina and vitality, along with some droid toughness. Bad part is droid disruptive weapons affect my character.

Oh and lost a leg beyond saving, so mechanical there. Imbalance of weight for the time being at least. I'm sure there would be a Dex/Agility penalty. On the other hand certain defense and attack are bolstered.

I would leave the prosthetic as more of a symbol of how you dealt with a certain quest and this is a battle scar if you choose to have the limb replaced.

Probably greater expense, all things considered.

Another might be of dark side healing, of sorts.

People will get prosthetics just because it looks cool and adds diversity, you don't need to really give a bonus.

I'm sure penalties will ensue if bonuses do.

Maedhros may have learned to fight better with his left arm than with his right (not SW, I know), and Dooku may be a purist snob, but Luke - and Anakin/Vader moreso before him - were fine and dandy with getting mechanical limbs. That makes prosthetics SW to me.

Why do we think there'll be much of prosthetics? The KotOR games didn't have any prosthetics that I know, or at least not very much. And the one technology that actually improved between the prequels and the original trilogy is the Prosthetic limb technology(contrast Anakin's fullmetal prosthetic to Luke's synthskin prosthetic). I would guess that if TOR had prosthetics at all, they'd be very crappy and primitive looking, on a level far shoddier than Anakin's.

Archived