Home

It's the "moan and groan about the opposite sex" thread

Darth Avlectus

DICTIONARY FOR MEN AND WOMEN

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Women's English

1. Yes = No

2. No = Yes

3. Maybe = No

4. I'll think about it. = Ha-ha-ha, fat chance buddy.

5. We need. = I want.

6. I am sorry. = You'll be sorry.... jackass.

7. We need to talk. = Your in trouble.

8. Sure, go ahead. = You better not, you pig.

9. Do what you want. = You will pay for this later, and you will feel my scorn.

10. I am not upset! = Of course I am upset, you moron!

11. You're very attentive tonight. = Is sex all you ever think about?

Men's English

1. I am hungry. = I am hungry.

2. I am sleepy. = I am sleepy.

3. I am tired. = I am tired.

4. Nice dress. = Nice Cleavage!

5. I love you. = Let's have sex now.

6. I am bored. = Do you want to have sex?

7. May I have this dance? = I'd like to have sex with you.

8. Can I call you sometime? = I'd like to have sex with you.

9. Do you want to go to a movie? = I'd like to have sex with you.

10. Can I take you out to dinner? = I'd like to have sex with you.

11. Those shoes don't go with that outfit = I'm gay.

:lol: Great stuff, great stuff. More importantly, some of it isn't far from the truth. I'm sure the male population will agree with me.

I mean seriously it seems that every woman I end up with becomes a nympho after being with me for any length of time.

Feel free to send them my way, I'll turn them back into "one man women". :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tys: smart girls are more usefull, you might learn something from them (usually after being humiliated in a discussion, but what the heck), they might end up as friends, their use off unflattering adjectives tend to be more creative, and since love happens to be the most powerfull beer gogles in the world, their appearance won't be an issue if it commes to that.

Muffin:And what's wrong about being singled out? If you are singled out it you are somebody, which must be better than continuing to be a nobody, like the people with nerdo-giberish names. Don't believe me? Fine. I hereby single you out as the member who have caused more hillarity in the welcome thread than any other, keep it up and the pink writing might become a usefull way of finding the:lol: amongst a sea of:words:

As for what I dislike about the opposite sex, their habit of claiming to read my mind (especially when it commes to what I really want to do/buy), unless in a situation where said mindreading would be usefull commes to mind.

Mur'phon (har'don LOL...*immature moment*): Yeeah, I'm also good at running and drinking. XD

On topic: This is more a bash at society..and believe it or not in DEFENSE of men (GASP WTF IS SHE TALKING ABOUT OMG WUTSAUCE)

*clears throat* Why is it..that if we, as a society (usually, prolly not everyone), see a man who is well groomed, in good shape, has his life together, and dresses nicely...we assume he's gay?!!?!? What is that? Seems a bit sad :( ... But hey, real men just weren't programmed to be fussy about appearance because they're more focused on actions and tend to be less superficial about themselves..(uhhhh kinda.. >.>)

And to women who complain about men being INSENSITIVE and blaaah..All I gotta say is..If I wanted someone to cry with me and "understand how I feel" ALL the time..I'd be a lesbian.

'Nuff said *shrug*

WHY AM I ALWAYS THE 'FRIEND'? HELLO, LADIES? YEAH, I'D LIKE A BIT MORE THAN LISTENING TO HOW MUCH YOU LIKE YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND!

OMG, I'M DESTINED TO DIE ALONE! :mad:

Nah, I don't mind being the 'friend' most of the time, but that doesn't mean I want to stay as the 'friend'. :naughty:

Originally posted by: muffin

If I wanted someone to cry with me and "understand how I feel" ALL the time..I'd be a lesbian.

Instead you are kind enough to expect us poor menfolk to navigate the minefield of knowing when we should understand and when we shouldn't. You are way too kind...

You asked for it. :xp:

It's doublespeak. Everything females say, do the opposite. A general rule of thumb that's proved its worth fairly often.

At any rate: why, for the love of modesty, does Every[/y].Single.Girl I see at my school wear low-cut tops, revealing shorts, etc, and then chastise you when your mind is on the subject.

Also, teenagers are, for the most parts, idiots. Don't trust a single person-male or female- with information you consider sensitive. And by idiots, of course, I mean stupid, hormonal, non-rational beings whose every though is occupied with (insert favorite non-school subject) and sex.

WHY AM I ALWAYS THE 'FRIEND'? HELLO, LADIES? YEAH, I'D LIKE A BIT MORE THAN LISTENING TO HOW MUCH YOU LIKE YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND!

Nah, I don't mind being the 'friend' most of the time, but that doesn't mean I want to stay as the 'friend'. :naughty:

Yeah, who wants to be friends?

Wrong sir litof, female friends are a wonderfull way of meeting more females, in adition to giving said female friends a good impression of you.

Of course, there are also those of us who have given up finding inteligent life amongst our own gender and as such have little choice but to obtain female friends, without seeing it as a means to an end.

Wrong sir litof, female friends are a wonderfull way of meeting more females, in adition to giving said female friends a good impression of you.

Of course, there are also those of us who have given up finding inteligent life amongst our own gender and as such have little choice but to obtain female friends, without seeing it as a means to an end.

I don't disagree on any particular point, but, as to the former, I'm still waiting for that to happen, and I do count among my (good friends) approximately five females. :p

>.> nothing wrong with wanting to get married...I'm way too young now but in the future I'd have no problem being a housewife, if I was married to an awesome guy :p

Testosterone? Pff more like..

PRESPOSTERONE

Sorry to break it to you, but in terms of awesome, you will be revising that in general a bazillion times until you are ~25.

You will find in terms of datable guys: Those who are and those who aren't.

Those who seem perfect except you have no interest in b/c there is no "flare". Those who are just the opposite who only seem perfect at first, then a few weeks in you are noticing what @$$****s they really are.

Preposterone? Every young guy is basically like those two, maybe smarter/dumber/etc. but those differences are negligible considering their brains are in their crotches most the time.

Why is it that the woman I want to be with and share the rest of my life with only wants me for nookie and the girl I want nothing to do with tends to fall DEEPLY MADLY IN LOOOOOOOOOVE with me? Seems to be the case of what I'm dealing with right now.

Notice, this is almost exactly like cats, b/c they want what they can't have.

Why is it I find out about all of these women who wanted me while I was married, but strangely disappeared now that I'm not.

I reiterate: Here kitty kitty kitty. Either appear to be everything while acting like a bold cocky bastard so you get to sleep with them or forever be doomed to this existence.

Do I create nymphos, or are they the ones that seek me out... I mean seriously it seems that every woman I end up with becomes a nympho after being with me for any length of time. I know many of you guys are thinking "<sarchasm>Oh life must be sooooo hard like that...</sarchasm>" but think about it like this... They tend to start wanting it all the time.... even when I'm not there.... THAT becomes a problem. I mean is it too much to ask for a woman who wants it less than 15 times a week... I get tired... I work... I'm gonna get beaten by the other posters on this board....

Had a g/f like that. She was even more inattentive than me.

Problem is with that kind of woman, if you are anything less than tommy, or you are just a jackass supreme IRL (like me :D), they (like us guys) get bored with pimping you out, leave and never talk to you again.

So for you, I'd recommend if you want her to leave, just find out what it is she hates. I.E. come in and don't even shower after a long day at work with concrete and adhesives where you smell horrible, wipe wrong, bring in a "magazine", and ask her if she'll "do that thing" you know she doesn't want to do.

If that fails to get rid of them...:giveup: You're on your own...maybe a chinese tea that calms her libido down?

Oh and women... If all you're wearing for a top are two bandaids you lose the moral high ground in telling us NOT to look at your breasts. It's like putting up a billboard then saying "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!" Believe it or not I actually look at your eyes first. But if the girls are bouncing around with barely more than pasties on them how can you expect me NOT to look.

B/C those damned soap operas inflated their expectations to unrealistic levels.

:lol: Great stuff, great stuff. More importantly, some of it isn't far from the truth. I'm sure the male population will agree with me.
Yes.

I always knew you were a horny devil. :devsmoke:

Muffin:And what's wrong about being singled out? If you are singled out it you are somebody, which must be better than continuing to be a nobody, like the people with nerdo-giberish names. Don't believe me? Fine. I hereby single you out as the member who have caused more hillarity in the welcome thread than any other, keep it up and the pink writing might become a usefull way of finding the:lol: amongst a sea of:words:

Hoo boy, it's about to become the next Yoda's Swamp in here...I think he has scoped out prey.

Then you need to take the 'friend' status as a tremendous blow to your masculinity. :dev9: That's exactly what you don't want if you are desirous of more than friends.

I loved sluffing off these few chicks once I learned that lesson. Their reaction was priceless. :p

You asked for it. :xp:

It's doublespeak. Everything females say, do the opposite. A general rule of thumb that's proved its worth fairly often.

At any rate: why, for the love of modesty, does Every[/y].Single.Girl I see at my school wear low-cut tops, revealing shorts, etc, and then chastise you when your mind is on the subject.

I don't know, but being what I am I just start saying how they dress makes them look slutty when they start in and how their expectations are unrealistic b/c if you dress to get attention, that attention is indiscriminant.

Also, teenagers are, for the most parts, idiots. Don't trust a single person-male or female- with information you consider sensitive. And by idiots, of course, I mean stupid, hormonal, non-rational beings whose every though is occupied with (insert favorite non-school subject) and sex.

QFT

No one wanting to get laid.

Fo' sho. :dev9:

@ Women: Stop dressing up in mini skirts and see-through shirts and then get angry when you are treated like sex objects. And don't expect us to give you both equal treatment and chivalry.

@ Men: Buds, you don't have to fall into the stereotypes. Be who you are, but at the same time if you get into a relationship, go ahead and be a "jerk". Not to much, just enough to tell your female counterpart that your will is strong.

You think that, but after they wear you out... they want to come back to me... My ex wife is like that now... She wore out the guy she cheated on me with. Started cheating on him. Then came back trying to get back with me as a "friend with benefits"

@GTA:

Oh believe me... I tried getting rid of this most recent woman. First I started out by saying, "I'm sorry, I'm just not in love with you." Then, "I don't want to be with you." Then, "Quit obsessing over me!" Heck I told her I was going to sleep with another woman, went to a show, slept with another woman, took pictures(IN THE ACT!) and sent them to her phone... Her response... "Can I be next?" I think I just attract psychos.... Maybe it's the band thing....

It's so funny. I tell guys that I seem to attract or create nymphos, and they all think it's great. It isn't guys. After a few days of darn near constantly at it things tend to start chaffing... then not being able to sleep for very long because she wants it again... For a little while it's cool... I won't lie about it... But like anything else, in moderation it is great... In excess, it becomes a problem.

*clears throat* Why is it..that if we, as a society (usually, prolly not everyone), see a man who is well groomed, in good shape, has his life together, and dresses nicely...we assume he's gay?!!?!? What is that? Seems a bit sad :( ... But hey, real men just weren't programmed to be fussy about appearance because they're more focused on actions and tend to be less superficial about themselves..(uhhhh kinda.. >.>)

edward%20cullen.jpg

That's easy. 1) It makes the average male feel better about his looks. 2) Quite a few are. 3) It makes women feel better about not having said guy. 4) THAT guy tends to spend way more time on his appearance, to the point of near obsession... He's either gay or self centered haha.

You've just described my situation a year ago. Such a great chance... wasted.

I always knew you were a horny devil. :devsmoke:

Yup. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out for me very well this year. Still, there are a few more months left. Things can change.

You think that, but after they wear you out... they want to come back to me... My ex wife is like that now... She wore out the guy she cheated on me with. Started cheating on him. Then came back trying to get back with me as a "friend with benefits"

I'm guessing you were smart and turned her down. Still, I wouldn't mind having a "friend with benefits", but that concept still hasn't sunk in 'round these parts.

I'm guessing you were smart and turned her down. Still, I wouldn't mind having a "friend with benefits", but that concept still hasn't sunk in 'round these parts.

ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY I turned her down. Well just remember the most important part of the Friends with benefits is the FRIENDS part. And that even thought the Benefits part stops if either of you finds someone, you should still be able to be friends. You'd be surprised how far it's really caught on. But then again as I noted before... maybe I just attract the freaks...

I'd like to moan and groan about how much I dislike threads and topics like this. Having been around a lot of boys and girls in my life I can say with some subjective idea that there is not a whole lot of difference between the two. So, instead of making my own rant I'll just reply to others:

Taking forever to shower

My friends brother showers so often he actually has a skin condition and he's worn his immune system down so much that he has an eternal rash on parts of his body. So yes, you can shower too often.

Another friend showers every single morning religiously, no matter the circumstances. I understand this for my other friend, who does manual labor every morning, but for him it just seem like overkill.

And thirdly, I ask any boy in this forum with long hair to speak up. The length of a shower is almost entirely dependent on how much hair there is, either body or on the head. Someone who is bald can be in and out in 5 minutes. Someone with shoulder length hair can be for up to 15 minutes, and any longer you are just adding time. Long hair needs attention, and that applies to both genders or you get terrible dandruff, smelly hair, and it can lead to scalp problems as well.

So, really, get over the shower thing everyone.

always leaving clothes everywhere!

I always thought the messy, leaving clothes thing around was a guy thing. Don't often see it thrown the other way. But, regardless, it is a person to person thing and really depends on how OCD you are about cleanliness.

Then you leave your magazines all over, and you leave your nail polish right in the walking path of the room with the top off. You eat all my good food when I'm out and about working of going to class, embarrass me to my family, run up my phone minutes. You run the poor vehichles into the ground and don't help out with maintenance or paying for repairs. What's wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?!

So... is this about "women", or just people you've met?

QUIT PLAYING SLUTTY CHARACTERS IN ONLINE GAMES OMG I'M SO SICK OF SEEING IT! Guys I can sorta excuse 'cause boys will be boys and their libido is all crazy 'n' whatever..but LADIES?!????

Labido is the same in both women and men. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but that is that. Men may talk a little more openly about it in public, but I've come to the conclusion that women will say and admit things in private that would make most oblivious men's hair curl.

If you're horny you're horny. MMOs are an open, almost risk free environment so it is not surprising this happens all the time. As far as being "slutty' publically in MMOs, I'm behind both gender's not logging on Horny, not just ladies. It is annoying on both ends a lot of the time, and boys don't get a "free pass" from me since the horniest people I've ever met online were women.

LADIES?!!?!?!?!?!?!? You should know better. I mean come on ladies..(irl and on internets) if you act like a slut and let the meat hang out, the dogs'll bite..Don't whine about it..and for that matter DON'T HANG IT OUT, because then guys think it's okay to treat ALL women as dogmeat and not just the skankettes that deserve it. *shakes fist at the sky* grrraaaaah.

I'm pretty sure anyone who is going to "let it hang out" are, well, asking for a bite. Seeing as most girls (and guys) dedicate their entire lives to getting eyes on themselves, even subconsciously, I have a hard time feeling a whole lot of sympathy for the majority of other women and men in this situation. As far as it perpetuating the idea women are meat... don't let yourself be treated that way. Simple as that.

But, I can pretty much guarantee you that its still going to fly your way as long as tops are worn low, skirts high, and make up thick. You don't have to be a "skankette" to be sending a message you aren't expecting and, again, I am of the opinion that most women know exactly the kind of message they are sending. You walk out of your house with cleavage, you should know what it means.

Jerks! I dress my toon modestly, I don't flirt, I just kill things, and you stupid men keep sending me "wana cyberz lolz" tells! Then, when I make it quite clear I'm not interested, you keep doing it! Some of you do it for days on end! What part of 'no' don't you understand! Would you please stop making alts so you can keep contacting me when you're on my ignore list! Stop yelling to the whole world that I'm your girlfriend, because I'm not! Argh!!!!

And, for heaven's sake, stop trying to get me to strip down to my underwear and dance while I'm waiting for an instance to open up!

Been playing MMOs for going on 5-6 years now, and cannot really say I've experienced or seen a lot of this. For those that I've heard in this situation, the girl just makes a male Avatar and never gets bugged again. It might also be a point to a whether or not you are playing an elf character since, honestly, they are made to be sex symbols. Hell, in WoW their dance is pretty much a stripper dance so I just stayed human.

And, anyone like this that I met I simply reported and was never bothered again.

I'm also referring to IRL sluttery and the consequences it has on people like me *sighs and recalls a night she was followed around her dorm lobby by a Danish man* ...Don't get me wrong, he was hot but...No means no, like the lady above said XD

Sluttery isn't entirely to blame. Sure, you have your fair share of open girls but thats hardly what attracts the idea of every girl being a hole. For starters, I've seen plenty of girls willing to chase guys. I don't know if it is equal, but its hardly a one player game.

I wouldn't so much blame sluts as I would blame upbringing. The absolute most common lost virginity tale I hear among girls is their boyfriend "forcing" themselves on them by some degree. I doubt this is so much brought on by boys thinking of girls as sluts, as just a general lack of control and inhibition on both ends, or, rather, an inability to say no. Some people need to learn when to say no, and some need to learn when no means no.

The stereotype is generally boys forces on girl, but from my experience it is pretty even on the softer end of the definition of "forces". Like I said, know plenty of girls who rabidly went after boys, girls who quite literally stripped naked in their boyfriends room just to get a rise, and so on. Rape is a pretty one sided thing, but on the lighter end of just enticing or, well, begging I find it is a game played by both sides.

Does that mean the girls are "sluts"? I might be inclined to believe that if it were proven that being horny wasn't natural, but since it is all I can really say is that some being are more comfortable with their sexuality. Personally, I wouldn't blame the more sexually liberated "sluts" for the portrayal of girls as being weak as I would the actually weaklings of the bunch that give it up after an hour of begging. If a girl wants to screw a guy legitimately, go ahead. But, personally, I have little respect for someone who lays down just to please their boyfriend, as that portrays an object clearer in my mind.

Women's English

1. Yes = No

2. No = Yes

3. Maybe = No

4. I'll think about it. = Ha-ha-ha, fat chance buddy.

5. We need. = I want.

6. I am sorry. = You'll be sorry.... jackass.

7. We need to talk. = Your in trouble.

8. Sure, go ahead. = You better not, you pig.

9. Do what you want. = You will pay for this later, and you will feel my scorn.

10. I am not upset! = Of course I am upset, you moron!

11. You're very attentive tonight. = Is sex all you ever think about?

Men's English

1. I am hungry. = I am hungry.

2. I am sleepy. = I am sleepy.

3. I am tired. = I am tired.

4. Nice dress. = Nice Cleavage!

5. I love you. = Let's have sex now.

6. I am bored. = Do you want to have sex?

7. May I have this dance? = I'd like to have sex with you.

8. Can I call you sometime? = I'd like to have sex with you.

9. Do you want to go to a movie? = I'd like to have sex with you.

10. Can I take you out to dinner? = I'd like to have sex with you.

11. Those shoes don't go with that outfit = I'm gay.

Sorry if I'm letting anything out of the bag, but the "Men's English" applies to both genders better than that stereotypical "women's english". Both genders play on words, lie, bend words, and so on. In reality, both genders want into the others just as bad. Men may be a little more honest about it depending on the person, but guaranteed the female dictionary translates to "I'd like to have sex with you" just as much.

I'd also like to point out that while the majority of actions of both genders are solely for the purpose of laying the other, it is unfair to categorize it as purely as that. I think plenty of nice guys get swept under the rug by men and women under false presumptions, and there are plenty of guys who are more than willing to dedicate to a relationship. Sure, everyone wants into each others pants but that is pretty obvious and rather unfair to just plant on everything.

The only big complaints I have are about my little sister and her friends.

*ahem*:

STOP BLASTING YOUR STUPID JONAS BROTHERS/TEEN STAR MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG! Your room is right across from mine for goodness sake!

Stop singing your stupid Jonas/Teen Star songs 24/7!

Stop blasting your stupid Jonas/Teen Star music in the car on the way to- everywhere!

She'll stop blasting Jonas Brothers when my boy cousin stops worshiping Satan and listening to German death metal. Or when boys stop blasting Linkin Park, Green Day, and My Chem Romance at that age.

Girls who complain about other girls who are merely using their gender to their advantage in mmo's.

Girls who write in pink letters on forums.

Bravo.

Here's my bitch about the opposite sex: Stop tanning so much! Your fake bake is not fooling anyone. And that's not bronze... it's more of an orangish brown.

Another that applies to everyone.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! Do NOT be dissing the Orlando!!!!!!! His legs are heavenly and those buns are pure muscle-y mounds of hot delicious flesh....I believe I shall go find my husband now....

And here comes Jae on a white stallion proving my point wonderfully :p

Alcohol + MANY single ladies + party + only a handful of men=

qfe

If I have one gripe about women, it would have to be all of the downright psychotic behavior that they exhibit. I came to the conclusion long ago that, deep down inside, women are merely insane; some moreso than others, of course. How they deal with their insanity determines whether or not they are worth putting up with.

Hardly.

b) Different way the brain works

Both brains are aimed towards a gender, and the aim is towards having sex. That is about as basic as it gets. Women, I think, dedicate themselves a little more than men to getting sex than I think a lot of men think about. Sure, that cleavage dress may look pretty but it is still there to show off the breasts. Yeah, the girl might be offended if you look but I can guarantee she is still flattered that someone noticed her breasts, otherwise she would have worn something higher. Makeup, clothes, shoes, etc might be a passtime to look good but the aim is primarily to get looked at and get laid.

c) Difference in childhood (boys are mostly tought to be strong, girls are tought to be caring)

I disagree with this. I think both are trained to be weak to a certain degree. "Strong" is a subjective term, but boys are indeed taught to be "masculine", but at the expense of being emotionally open. Girls are hardly taught to be "caring". If anything, we're taught to be polite, respectful, and, essentially, to obey. Now, parents may not pound that last one in but society does to an extent. Through media and so on, the girl is almost always protrayed as the weaker of the relationship and this is accepted.

The purest example of this would be Twilight. Why is this book so popular? When you dissect it, the book is ****ing appalling and one of the most sexist pieces of popular literature to pop up in years. Bella is weak in every single definition of the word. She has no control over her inhibitions, she is incapable of making decisions for herself, and she has put all of her life, freedom, etc into a boy that treats her like dirt.

Yet it is the most popular piece of literature in a long time, and girls absolutely love it. Girls want to be Bella, and if that is not a sign of the current state of society then I do not know what is.

Truth is, society trains both genders to be weak. Teaching boys to be strong weakens them, and has turned them into the pathetic stereotype they are today, while girls are playing out their own. The childhood excuse doesn't pass because, I think, the outcome is identical for both. The end result is situational, and in the united states I think it is pretty even (cannot say the same for, say, the middle east or other countries in which women are treat like actual items and not equal people).

d) Hormones (two opposite hormones running the bodies make it worse)

Testosterone is in both the male and female body. While more of it is made in the testicles in the male, plenty is made in the female brain. While there may be a lot of testosterone in the male brain, there is a varied cocktail in the female that plays essentially the same role. While it is pretty conclusive the male thinks about base sex more often, I think the female thinks about sex with an equal amount of fervor overall.

e) Men always stay a bit childish

Debatable. If by "childish" you mean immaturity, I think it is spread even over both.

It's one thing you sayin' it, since you're a grown-up and all. It's quite another thing to listen to 13/14/15/16 year olds talk about it.

Then it's absolutely, positively gross.

Another post to reinforce my point.

I take psychology classes. It's true in most cases. There's nothing wrong with it though. It just explains the differences between the sexes a bit more.

Take a look at sports for example. Even better, watch Billy Elliot (movie) and it'll be explained.

Psychology or Sociology?

I think you'll find more meaningful information within Sociology on gender differences, as Psychology usually only touches on the physical brain and only a little on social impacts. I find the physical brain is susceptible to too many subjective environment and biological impacts to be properly placed on a black and white scale like male/female. While there are differences between the two brain, and they identify themselves clearly, the social impacts of those chances are, in my opinion, negligible and aim more towards an upbringing factor than how your brain was originally set up.

If you'd like to talk about it I'd be more than willing to discuss, but just don't want to take the thread too far off topic.

Do I create nymphos, or are they the ones that seek me out... I mean seriously it seems that every woman I end up with becomes a nympho after being with me for any length of time. I know many of you guys are thinking "<sarchasm>Oh life must be sooooo hard like that...</sarchasm>" but think about it like this... They tend to start wanting it all the time.... even when I'm not there.... THAT becomes a problem. I mean is it too much to ask for a woman who wants it less than 15 times a week... I get tired... I work... I'm gonna get beaten by the other posters on this board....

This is one of the more realistic posts in this thread so far. I'll expand on why further below.

Oh and women... If all you're wearing for a top are two bandaids you lose the moral high ground in telling us NOT to look at your breasts. It's like putting up a billboard then saying "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!" Believe it or not I actually look at your eyes first. But if the girls are bouncing around with barely more than pasties on them how can you expect me NOT to look.

Again, I can pretty much assure you that the "don't look at me" is acting. Girls genuinely are flattered by it to an extend. Offended a little, but they wouldn't be wearing the low top unless they wanted eyes on them. However, it is also a game of sorts to determine what the goals of the guy are; a date, or just an obsession with the body. Depending on the girl and the situation, it can be one, the other, or both. Girls invest a lot of damn time into getting their body noticed, so you can sleep assured that your looking is justified.

*clears throat* Why is it..that if we, as a society (usually, prolly not everyone), see a man who is well groomed, in good shape, has his life together, and dresses nicely...we assume he's gay?!!?!? What is that? Seems a bit sad ... But hey, real men just weren't programmed to be fussy about appearance because they're more focused on actions and tend to be less superficial about themselves..(uhhhh kinda.. >.>)

Men are just obsessed about appearance as girls are. Styled hair, spiked hair, that tough shirt and shoes, pants. What is worn is a painting for the world. Dressing nice, gangster, laid back, etc are all basically just appearance choices. Are all appearance choices to get sex? No, but the kid who wears no logos and tries to look nonconformist is just as focused on his appearance as the guy who carefully spikes his hair in the morning, or the girl who brushes her hair for an hour.

"Metrosexual" and "gay" appearance is, really, just a style. It isn't so much an accusation of sexual preference as it is just another attempt at making an appearance. The well groomed, nice, etc guy I find it thought less to be gay and more like a pansy. The gay/metro are guys who usually go above in beyond the call of duty and do things usually associated with girl-like behavior ala makeup, straightened colored hair, etc.

But hey, might just be my experience. But I think I can say with some certainty that guys are just as anal about their appearance as girls. Even the laid back "I'm not even going to comb my hair" is an appearance choice that thought is dedicated to.

And to women who complain about men being INSENSITIVE and blaaah..All I gotta say is..If I wanted someone to cry with me and "understand how I feel" ALL the time..I'd be a lesbian.

Now, I cannot help but find contradiction in your posts as far as my opinion factors in. You want men to be more understanding, know when no means no, basically be more sensitive, etc... but you don't want them to be p**sys?

Maybe this is just coming from another angle, but from someone who has seen -many- relationships crash and burn I can say that you do indeed want a guy with as least a base amount of sensitivity. If you ever want a relationship to go -anywhere-, you need someone you can cry with, share emotions with, and so on otherwise it is a one sided relationship... or, rather, it is a relationship you usually associate with someone who owns a pet.

No offense, but I have always found the "If I wanted emotions I'd be a lesbian!" comment to be offensive and rude not only to me, buy to any guy out there who actually wants to listen. I find contradiction because you want guys to stop being jerks, but at the same time you want them to have no empathy for your feelings or cause.

I think if you ask any married man or woman on this board who has been with each other longer than a few years you'll get a response similar to mine. Going after a guy simply for a masculine personality is a huge mistake, and one many a battered wife can attest to. If you want a one sided relationship where you are relegated to crying alone in your room all day... go ahead, but being able to share that with someone is my definition of love. If it isn't yours, then by all means give the single minded jock a try. But, personally, if you are not comfortable with the person you love crying on your shoulder or vice versa... yeah, I'm pretty much speechless on how that relationship is ever supposed to hold up.

But, if you must, then I must sort of ask you to not turn around and ask men to more sensitive to your feelings and opinions, or to ask women not to follow their libidos. It isn't fair to them.

I find the second part of your thread particularly offensive and confusing because you spent the first half of the post asking why sensitive guys were made fun off... and then commented on how dating one would make you akin to a lesbian.... Jeez, I just cannot even begin to explain how much that baffles and infuriates me.

Instead you are kind enough to expect us poor menfolk to navigate the minefield of knowing when we should understand and when we shouldn't. You are way too kind...

Sums it up rather well.

Badly kept secret:

Women have a thing for adventure, danger, and so on. Women like to keep things in a relationship new and fresh, like to take risks, and so on. Which is why it is not uncommon for girls to simply get up and leave to find a wilder guy to keep her feeling young.

Basically, if you get boring or the relationship gets stale she is going to drop you for that cocaine crazed biker. Tends to be why you see women going through like 20 guys in High School. I tend to find that most men put more into a single relationship and the idea of keeping the relationship while women are usually in it for the next high point. For this reason I think honest guys do get an unfair bad rep while the girls are the bad side effect of a closet upbringing, psychologically setting them up for basically turning their relationships into an ability to rebel.

So, best advise I can give to someone who thinks they have a girl like this... Drop her, or try to keep things new. In bed and outside of bed. Its why the idea of multiple honeymoons, vacations, and just generally unexpected and on the spot things such as thing appeal to women generally so much. It doesn't even have to be anything expensive.

That is about the best I can say on that. You seem to attract high maintenance girls who constantly need attention, so what I can say is refuse girls who run at you and instead try to find a quieter girl to fit your lifestyle. Might be one of those cases in which you'll need to find her and not the other way around.

-----------------------------------------------

As far as my direct complaints about the genders could go, all I could really ask is for everyone to be less horny but since thats never going to happen...

A main complaint I have is both genders assuming the other is more complicated that it is, or even over generalizing them. Girls are plighted with the complicated, caring stereotype while men are stuck with the insensitive, tough guy stereotype. Both sides have overcomplicated the matter so much that I think both have lost sight of whats even going on.

Girls, Edward from Twilight and guys like him are jerks, abusers, and they wont hold a stable relationship for longer than a year. Sorry, but that crazy mormon author has no idea how a relationship works, or even how to write characters. You do, in fact, want a Sensitive guy and you do, in fact, want someone you can cry with. I think the biggest mistake girls make is convincing themselves of the opposite and putting themselves into dead end relationships because they've convinced themselves that what they really need in a husband is essentially a living rock. No, a sensitive guy does not equal a girl, a gay guy, or make you a "lesbian". All of the above are incredibly offensive to all parties involved, and show a clear lack of foresight into a relationship. Girls, teach your girls that looks aren't everything, that strong guys are not right guys, and keep them away from **** like Twlight that teaches them that being submissive is a valid way to go through life. Stand up for yourself and your libido, do things for the betterment of each other and not just what he insists upon at the time, and so on. I could keep going, but it would basically be repeats of "don't be a battered wife" over and over again. Go for a sensitive, open guy and leave the "strong" guys to die alone.

Guys, girls are not complicated. We're simple as hell, and all you really need to do is spend less time getting into their pants and more time making friends. Hell, I would even recommend playing a girl online and getting into some intimate conversation with another girl just for the perspective. Girls appearance is to get you to look, it is flattering, it does justify the time spent, and the anger is either acting, or anger about the fact you couldn't act better. It is about finding a gentleman and not a pervert, but at the same time someone who acknowledges the work spent on their body. Perhaps that it is a little complicated, but anything is complicated when you imagine it as a straight line leading right to their bed. Get in touch with your feminine side, even if it is in private, make friends, and for the love of god stop acting out your stereotypes. Get your emotional problems at bay and out in the open so we can stop having a ghastly rape rate. Teach your boys how to be respectful and not arrogant jerks who force their girlfriend into sex, and for the love of god try to have to some respect for the time and damn effort girls put into making you happy. If you don't want to do that, try to help get it through their heads that appearance isn't everything to you as the showers, makeup, hair, clothes, shoes, etc are done primarily for your benefit, and for her own self-esteem in public. If you'd like to boil it down, try to see girls less as a complicated puzzle and more of a self-esteem bar that is in constant need of filling. ****, treat it like a sims game but anything but a puzzle because, in the end, you're just convincing yourself you can't figure it out and setting yourself up for failure.

Quite frankly, if a "metro-sexual" or a gay guy can figure it out... you can to. Oh, and finally... masculinity is over rated. Drop it as much of it as you can. Any girl who will hate you for it isn't worth your time, and will most likely ditch you anyway. If you don't want to do that, drop your masculinity around her and pop it back up when you're out at the bar or something if you must. But, really, the constant need to prove masculinity and so on... it really is just as annoying as our makeup and showers are to you. Use it when you need it, but its hardly something to build your life on.

Depending on the person, any of the above can apply to anyone which is why I don't really like topics like this. Plenty of men are kept on leashes by their wives, and vice versa. Plenty of men are broken shells, and plenty of women are self-esteem nightmares.

But, if you want to take anything away from this, about 1 in 3 women are sexually abused in their life and that has massive, massive impacts upon the gender in society, to an extent I don't think a lot of men have access to since this pathetic artificial wall has been put up between the sexes. Sexual abuse is primarily a power thing, which stems from a childhood of abuse, a broken household, a childhood of strength and self esteem issues, and so on. You know, the whole masculine "I need to be strong" BS that man have bought into. I try to keep the genders equal in my mind, but I have a particular black spot in my heart for all of the stories of girls I've heard and known abused as children, in relationships, married, and so on.

In my opinion and experience, this gender wall, "strength/Masculinity" and spite towards Sensitivity BS is the main reason why a lot of relationships go down hill. If you want a good relationship, see the other person as an equal and not some gorilla who thinks about sex all the time or some puzzle you'll never figure out.

Are there gender differences? Sure there are. But, as the old saying going, you need to move past the differences and see the similarities.

There. As someone who really identifies with neither gender, that is the best I can give as an observer. Take what you will.

Been playing MMOs for going on 5-6 years now, and cannot really say I've experienced or seen a lot of this. For those that I've heard in this situation, the girl just makes a male Avatar and never gets bugged again. It might also be a point to a whether or not you are playing an elf character since, honestly, they are made to be sex symbols. Hell, in WoW their dance is pretty much a stripper dance so I just stayed human.

(shrug) I played a male avatar for a while, but I really hated it. Sure, it got rid of the annoyance I mentioned in this thread, but it also took away the fun of leveling, hehe.

Also, my first character was a Night Elf ('cuz I wanted to play a druid), but finally I just deleted her and went to a Draenei. That did cut back on a lot of it. :)

Girls, Edward from Twilight and guys like him are jerks, abusers, and they wont hold a stable relationship for longer than a year. Sorry, but that crazy mormon author has no idea how a relationship works, or even how to write characters. You do, in fact, want a Sensitive guy and you do, in fact, want someone you can cry with. I think the biggest mistake girls make is convincing themselves of the opposite and putting themselves into dead end relationships because they've convinced themselves that what they really need in a husband is essentially a living rock. No, a sensitive guy does not equal a girl, a gay guy, or make you a "lesbian". All of the above are incredibly offensive to all parties involved, and show a clear lack of foresight into a relationship. Girls, teach your girls that looks aren't everything, that strong guys are not right guys, and keep them away from **** like Twlight that teaches them that being submissive is a valid way to go through life. Stand up for yourself and your libido, do things for the betterment of each other and not just what he insists upon at the time, and so on. I could keep going, but it would basically be repeats of "don't be a battered wife" over and over again. Go for a sensitive, open guy and leave the "strong" guys to die alone.

:golfclap:

Well said. :)

Archived