Home

It's the "moan and groan about the opposite sex" thread

Darth Avlectus

I'd like to moan and groan about how much I dislike threads and topics like this.....

[Large insightful body of text]

There. As someone who really identifies with neither gender, that is the best I can give as an observer. Take what you will.

Now here's some wisdom!

And I have to agree with you on threads like this: Everyone gets riled up and everything kinda spirals out of control.

Interesting, but at the same time, very heated.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another friend showers every single morning religiously, no matter the circumstances. I understand this for my other friend, who does manual labor every morning, but for him it just seem like overkill.
...Don't most people shower every morning?

also tl;dr

Alright, I have a story and a moan an groan for everyone here, especially to the LF females, and maybe some of you can answer my question.

Now, I'm one of those nice guys that other men would call p**sy's. And I've always did my best to treat women like human beings with respect and not like objects or playthings. Manily because I had seen enough of the abuse to women as I was growning up and to last for two life times. So I had decided not to treat women in such a despicable way but with consideration and respect at an early youth. In which, I still treat women with respect and kindness today because it's just not in my nature to do the opposite anyway. Maybe I should reconsider? :raise: Well, anyway this leads to my story......

About two years ago I started dating this women, who I thought was mature enough to have a decent relationship with, but imagine my surprise when she totally pulled a 360 on me - as if I was the women and she was man. At first things were great, we were turning a friendship into a more intimate relationship, or so I thought. As the relationship developed into a deeper intimacy I took care of her anyway possible that I could, payed her bills when she was broke, bought her the things she needed to get by with until her next paycheck, just basically helping her out in her day to day struggle with life itself. And the occasional extra gifts just to show her how much I cared about her, at times when she was feeling low.

Now I think that's where the problem started, I was too nice and too careing, because not long after that she was just dominating as hell. Yelling at me sometimes because I made a mistake or something, putting me down behind my back ( as some of her friends explained it to me in a nice way), and really just looking down on me at times to say the least.

As an example: One time she had the nerve to tell me to grow a pair, just said that out of the blue one day after I just gave her 20 dollars to get gas with. But yet at another time, when I helped her for the upteenth time, she told me I was a Gem. ( That meant a dimond in the ruff from her perspective, btw.) One other time she told a Co-worker of mine that I was her bitch, ahh..EXCUSE ME!?!? :snear: I felt like I was getting treated with the "your a good man but oh, wait...now your a bad man. Okay now your good again" crap.

Anyway, after awhile the relationship begin to turn really sour, mainly because I found out that she had been with two other guys over the months while she and I were together. One of them was old enough to be her friggin' father. Well that hair broke more than the camels back for me and enough was enough.

Well soon after that I started breaking the relationship off, as you can imagine, and then things went from bad to worse. At first we agreed to be just friends in the end, but after awhile she became more dominating towards me. All the usual crap she pulled on me got ten times worse for me, so I decided to permantly brake any tie's with her at all. And to this day we haven't spoken to each other, not one word, no contact what-so-ever.

So she's now with this guy who's twice her age, I think he's maybe in his 60's - not sure, and he's mostly a alcoholic that treats her like sh*t to say the least. And she stays with him, I mean, my god what the hell is she thinking? She slaves away and works herself to exhaustion for him and of course he doesn't appreciate none of it and he probably treats her like a sex slave on top of that.

But yet she knew she would never had to have put up with that kind of crap with me. Because there would have been equal sharing of all the things that needed to be done in the house that I live in. We'd both be taking care of it is what I'm saying, and no one would be doing more than the other. But yet, she stays with him...WHY?....WHY, WHY, FRIGGIN' WHY? :mad:

Needless to say, because of all this, I haven't dated anyone for the past two years since that fiasco occured, and I think I've gone freak'in celibate. :raise:

*Ahem*...moving along..

Now you women say that you what a man to treat you with the upmost respect, kind and courteous, etc. and stop with the sexual advances and all that crap. But when we do treat you with kindness and respect you walk all over our a$$ and treat us badly. I mean I don't understand it, WHAT THE HELL? :confused: (Hmmm, kinda reminds of that 60's song by a female vocalist who sings "These boots were made for walking, and one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.")

Now can any of the LF ladies answer my question, as to why women would prefer jerks that they seem to stick with, and why the nice guy finishes last. WHY? That's all I want to know, is WHY?

Well anyway, there's my rant, story, etc. :mad:

@ True_Avery

You're absolutely right.

The only psychology classes I get at school is about children psychology and (to some extend) adolescent psychology.

The sociology classes were given...two-three years ago if I remember correctly...I might have mixed it up a bit and I might have been a bit unclear with terms as 'caring' where your description fitted better.

Anyways, you had an interesting point about the clevage thing...it's something I notice (95% at school). I find it funny girls do wear sexy clothes at school, but when they go to..ehr..what's the english word...stage/work practice to practice their profession (teacher) they cloth themselves politically correct.

Supports your point 100% :)

But still, I sometimes have..troubles with women dressing themselves like that. One very nice girl practically threw herself at me once and it just felt awkward.

EDIT: Just reminded me of something...one of the girls in a class I used to teach once dressed up complete different...and she followed me to a bar several months later (when I already finished up working at that school) and she tried to hit on me. Talking about 13-year olds here...I wasn't amused...but what in God's name could have been her motive for doing so?

Since my previous post seems to have been deleted by the staff, allow me to try again.

@ TrueAvery: You seem to be missing it that I am not *really* being serious with my sentiment, hence this thread is in Ahto and not Kavar's. Not sure why you are in a bind: you seem to want to make it serious. I'm avoiding specifics to avoid flack. Far as I *really* care on the isse: Meh... $%&^ happens.

EDIT: Self deprecation is a wonderful comedy tool.

purifier, not all girls are like that. There are nice girls out there who are looking for terrific guys like you. Hopefully that girl and you will find each other very soon.

@True_Avery: :lol: perfect zing on me. :)

My rant: Why is it that men Must Start Fix-It Projects (insert Tim Allen 'Arr-arr-arr' here), and then abandon them halfway through when something more interesting comes along, like, say, a football game?

@Purifier

Um that sounds like an abusive relationship to me. Just because you're the man in the relationship doesn't mean that the woman cannot be abusive. While it is rarer, men are dominated and abused just like women are. If someone you are with tells you to "grow a pair" you're generally better off saying, "You know what. You're right. Bye!"

Don't worry though. Some day you'll find someone who respects you for your sensitivity and caring nature. Someone who won't take advantage of you.

My rant: Why is it that men Must Start Fix-It Projects (insert Tim Allen 'Arr-arr-arr' here), and then abandon them halfway through when something more interesting comes along, like, say, a football game?

Because... um... we need the metric pliers and the left handed screwdriver.

She'll stop blasting Jonas Brothers when my boy cousin stops worshiping Satan and listening to German death metal. Or when boys stop blasting Linkin Park, Green Day, and My Chem Romance at that age.

I'd like to point out that I never blasted Linkin Park at that age. Hell, I only rarely listen to them. Now, I liked Green Day and MCR, but I never turned my stereo up to max volume. And neither does or did any of my friends at that age or at our current age of 14-17. (I'm the middle, 15-almost-16)

6a00d83451e1dc69e201053685fce7970c-800wi

best post ever.

purifier, not all girls are like that. There are nice girls out there who are looking for terrific guys like you. Hopefully that girl and you will find each other very soon.

I've obviously been looking in the wrong place. :o

and then abandon them halfway through when something more interesting comes along, like, say, a football game?

Football > Life

Just a plain rant:

Estoy en el coche, pensando en mis cosas, cuando algún idiota, generalmente un adolescente, conducir con las ventanas abajo, chorro de su música. Es muy molesto, y sólo dolor grosero. Y yo ni siquiera la unidad todavía!

I find that it eases the frustration better if I speak in Spanish.

Here is the English version:

I'm in the car, minding my own business, when some idiot, usually a teenager, driving with the windows down, blasting music. It's annoying, and just pain rude. And I do not even drive yet!

Just a plain rant:

Estoy en el coche, pensando en mis cosas, cuando algún idiota, generalmente un adolescente, conducir con las ventanas abajo, chorro de su música. Es muy molesto, y sólo dolor grosero. Y yo ni siquiera la unidad todavía!

I find that it eases the frustration better if I speak in Spanish.

Here is the English version:

I'm in the car, minding my own business, when some idiot, usually a teenager, driving with the windows down, blasting music. It's annoying, and just pain rude. And I do not even drive yet!

Don't get me started on driving irritations.... I could go on for pages about all the things I see people do wrong on the road... TEXTING WHILE DRIVING???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! As if talking on your phone wasn't bad enough, now you gotta text and drive... See you at the body shop....

Don't get me started on driving irritations.... I could go on for pages about all the things I see people do wrong on the road... TEXTING WHILE DRIVING???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! As if talking on your phone wasn't bad enough, now you gotta text and drive... See you at the body shop....

But Tommy, the life of everyone but me is important!

How the hell are you even going to be able to see the road if you're texting?!

How about this: I saw this woman driving. but she had her foot out the window! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN?!?! :swear:

@Tommy: yeah, it's annoying and stupid... but this is humanity so I don't have any real hopes for it being fixed.

@T_A: As a guy in roughly the right age area (17) I can say that I have never listened to Linkin Park or any other band you mentioned nor worshiped Satan. Maybe I'm just odd, but that's how it is.

@payback: Yeah, at night where I live there's a teenager (prolly about 16 or so) that just got his car and license. During the summer he'd drive around blasting his music with windows down, I would be up until 1:20 or so then and get an earful as the guy went cruising... a wonder the cops were never called on this guy.

@Thread:

Thankfully I'm free of most of those problems... except for my mom. Complete 180 is less than five seconds or your money back!

Completely bonkers she is.

If you happened to drive by a 29 year old woman in a white minivan with the windows open and Epica's Phantom Agony blasting while the driver sang the soprano line at her max volume, that was me. What can I say, the weather was beautiful today! :lol:

@Jeff--I had to wonder how the guy took the picture while driving 75

You act like you to don't wanna listen,

When I'm talking to you

You think you outta be my baby,

Anything you wanna do

You must be crazy, baby,

You just gotta be out of your mind

As long as payin' I'm the bills, woman,

I'm payin' the cost to be the boss

I'll drink if I wanna,

And play a little poker too

Don't you say nothing to me,

As long as I'm taking care of you

As long as I'm working baby,

And payin' all the bills

I don't want no mouth from you,

About the way I'm supposed to leave

You must be crazy, woman,

As long as I'm footin' the bills,

I'm paying the cost to be the boss

Now that you got me,

You act like you are a shame

You don't act like my woman,

You just using my name

I tell you I'll gonna handle all the money,

And I don't wanna no back talk

'Cause if you don't like the way I'm doing,

Just pick up your things and walk

You must be crazy baby,

As long as paying the bills,

I'm paying the cost to be the boss

Murph has far too much class to scope out prey. Besides neither is he a 13 year old boy full of testosterone, he was just being Murph as always...

And I did say this was an entirely serious thread, didn't I? :xp:

@GTA:

Oh believe me... I tried getting rid of this most recent woman. First I started out by saying, "I'm sorry, I'm just not in love with you." Then, "I don't want to be with you." Then, "Quit obsessing over me!" Heck I told her I was going to sleep with another woman, went to a show, slept with another woman, took pictures(IN THE ACT!) and sent them to her phone... Her response... "Can I be next?" I think I just attract psychos.... Maybe it's the band thing....

Hmm, and I don't suppose those crazy hillbilly antics will work either? Takes a few friends to do that...

It's so funny. I tell guys that I seem to attract or create nymphos, and they all think it's great. It isn't guys. After a few days of darn near constantly at it things tend to start chaffing... then not being able to sleep for very long because she wants it again... For a little while it's cool... I won't lie about it... But like anything else, in moderation it is great... In excess, it becomes a problem.

Hmm. Yeah, kinda reminds me of my uncle. Same problem, too. He told me he just...left...:giveup:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
6a00d83451e1dc69e201053685fce7970c-800wi

Quoted for awesomeness.

Archived