Home

MI:SE updates, repaints, mods, new arts...

paprik123456

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets start with my first scene, which is LookOut scene.

I guess this link is not available anymore, I will post new link later today.

http://leteckaposta.cz/493174926

How it works:

What you have to do is unpack zip file and copy Art folder to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition\

Alright, here are my current mods.

Backgrounds Fix Patch Version 5 (unfinished)

This mod fixes some backgrounds that were sloppy, rushed or in any way incomplete in the official version.

It will remove any artefact pixels left behind of the old backgrounds, fix any wonky alpha's and clean things up considderably.

Note that I have not yet fixed all backgrounds yet, it's a work in progress. More backgrounds will be fixed as I progress.

I have also added the fix for Stan's Store Sign made by Khar.

Download Mirror on Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dfom2ffk2zn/MISEBackgroundfix5.rar

List of fixed content:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

- 30_store_______Melee Island Store_________________alpha fixes

- 41_kitchen_____Scummbar Kitchen_________________moving plank fix and alpha fixes

- 44_masters-h___Swordmaster's House Closeup________retouched artefact pixels

- 49_road________Melee Island Road_________________retouched artefact pixels

- 53_foyer_______Governers Mansion Interior__________alpha fix

- 57_bridge______Forest Bridge______________________retouched artefact pixels, alpha fixes and other minor retouches

- 59_stans_______Stan's Store Sign__________________sign font fix

- 64_treasure-____Forest Treasure Site_______________retouched artefact pixels, alpha fixes and other numerous fixes

- 70_hellcliff______Monkey Island Underground Cliff______minor retouch

- 73_church______Melee Island Church________________alpha fixes and other retouches

- 100_forest-1____Melee Island Forest________________retouched artefact pixels and alpha fixes

- 102_forest-2____Melee Island Forest________________retouched artefact pixels and alpha fixes

- 105_forest-6____Melee Island Forest________________retouched artefact pixels and alpha fixes

Screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Alpha fixes for the store.

screenshotstore.jpg

Forest retouch.

screenshotforest.jpg

An example of the plank fix in the Kitchen of the Scummbar,

shown in the following order: classic, SE, SE fixed.

fishanim.gif

Last Updated April 4 2010

Scummbar Smile Mod

This mod re-adds a smile to the sign outside the Scummbar.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekwnhyyljbg/ScummbarSmile.rar

Screenshot: Classic, SE old and SE with smile mod:

SCUMMsmile.jpg

Mod threads on Telltale and Steam forums:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15836

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=661

• 2 months later...
Found a background bug in the forest, missing ravine (on the right) in new version (see link to image):

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1808/bug0.jpg

I've not touched that scene yet :p The forest has about 22 locations, and I've only fixed 4 of those so far. I'm doing updates occasionally since fixing the whole forest takes ages, now people can use what I've fixed so far instead of waiting for months and months. So I'll get to that. :)

And yeah, I've noticed that mistake also before. Perhaps I'll copy a ravine from somewhere else and paste it in, I'll have to see what looks good and what doesn't.

Perhaps I'll copy a ravine from somewhere else and paste it in, I'll have to see what looks good and what doesn't.

lol, that's what I was thinking about :)

First thing I want to congratulate you for doing such good work!

I think that a simple cut&paste from another scene or from the old version is the simplest and quick way for fixing that.

Don't worry, I know it's long to fix all that ;)

I'll continue to play to check if there are other things that need to be fixed with a certain priority.

bye

Just so you know, checking for problems in the forest wont be that much help for me as I will eventually look at every scene in the forest anyway, since pretty much the whole forest if ****ed up. But if there are other problems with backgrounds elsewhere in the game, by all means please tell me, so I can fix them :D

Just a news update, I'm working on some more fixes, I've fixed the moving plank outside the kitchen of the Scummbar which looked HORRID in the original MI:SE. Here's a preview of that perticular fix in the following order: Classic, Original MI:SE, Fixed MI:SE

fishanim.gif

I'm also working on fixes for the church and the road. Once I have another bigger batch of fixes I'll upload them.

I actually love those original pixels. I think of them as eastereggs, in some places it's pretty obvious they were deliberately left there and they look great when switching to original. Thanks a ton for the signs! I really don't see why they changed them

doofi I think you can select what mods to add simply deleting the directory corresponding to the room you don't want to change. to me candle flames move too much in the old version, they move (in a subtle realistic way) in the new version, so I think I'll stick with church unmodified version.

The candle lights in the church SE unmodified don't move at all, the sprites are identical. They only move in the classic version. Most other rooms have proper moving candle lights, but not the church. That's why I want to fix it.

As for the pixels, even though some may not be bothered by them, I fix them because they look crappy and sloppy. Left overs that don't fit the new environment.

And yes you can delete specific room fixes and leave others so you have the fixes to want. Though it might be hard in some cases to know what fixes you want and which you don't, I'll make sure the readme is detailed enough so you can remove any unwanted fixes.

Archived