Home

MI:SE updates, repaints, mods, new arts...

paprik123456

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well... I made a test with the SwordMaster's house. What do you think about it?
Well done. I think, this one was by far the worst. It looked like half done and forgotten about it. Now it looks like a finished painting, as it should.

Can the clipping be fixed as well? It is rather inaccurate outside the circus.

Can the clipping be fixed as well? It is rather inaccurate outside the circus.

That's easy. Actually I'll think continue with some scenarios of MI.

By the way, I had noticed that saving the files as dds format, they lose quality, and the image appears more pixelated... just a little little bit, but if the target is repair the graphics... what's the point? Do you Know the best saving configuration?

See ya

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, Trilobite, you are doing the Lord's work :p . I just got this remake and while on the whole I love it, I don't understand these rookie glitches with the old pixels showing. I am really beginning to think that someone actually thought it would be cool to leave it like that, but they were mistaken. Those forest scenes just looked unfinished and stupid. Your fixes are looking great though. I just have one more request; please fix the scene adjacent to the sword master's house. It looks even worse than the close-up did. Especially the lake, they didn't change anything at all there it looks like. I hope the 2nd remake gets a little more beta testing before it's released, cuz this crap is dumb.

We should work together so backgrounds don't get fixed twice.

Hi everyone!!

Maybe that could be great but at the moment I'm doing other things than spend me much time like learning english :p . I've already finished two backgrounds more. One is Ship's outside deck, and the second's Smirk's gym. I've fixed the carpet drawing some fringes on it and now it looks better.

If I've got a bit of time, I'll submit them in internet I guess. Now I'm working so hard in Hook Island's. I think next weekend it will already be done.

See ya boys!

Here you are. I haven't got any capture of the deck, but I've fixed the elements in close-up and some floor boards that weren't joined.

gymr.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By the way, Lord, what software do you use?? Photoshop or anything else?

When I have finished Hook Island's I would like to fix the Monkey Island backgrounds, specially Sacred Monkey Head's.

Alright, and the pic looks nice. Though it's hard to see what exactly has been fixed without a comparison picture. Though I guess that's only a good thing if you can't see anything wrong with the picture, that means it's fixed properly. :D

And yes I use Photoshop.

If you got some backgrounds done you could send them to me and I'll add them to the big patch.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed in monkey island, a lot of very poorly done backgrounds. like the Canibals village, seens rushed! and the hanged skeleton alson seens poor done, even in the original the water is animated, and in the SE is just a ugly fixed background!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we know, thats why we started this thread, but real meaning of this thread was to repaint them all, not just fix little pixels. Example is on my blog, but as I can see, everybody is just fixing pixels, than repainting whole image. Too much work you think? I dont think so.

Thanks guys, I just finished the game with your mods.

First I was going to play it without the hair mod, but I could only play for like 5 min before I had to download it :)

There are two missing sprites in the hair mod. One where Guybrush receives the navigator head from the cannibals, and the second when he lies on the ground at Stan's in the final scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, there are so many things which needs to be improved...

All backgrounds needs to be repainted so it doesnt look like semi-product or concept art. If you look at Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, thats how the art supposed look like. Same thing with MI1-2:SE

http://www.adventuregamers.com/gallery.php?id=1489

Characters are fine (for now).

Anyway, I started work on the Bar scene.... hopefully its gonna be done soon.

I suggest adding some depth on these

In our Russian version, we wanted to make a feel of the logo being drawn on the wood, not floating above it. So we took MI2:SE Stan's logo as an inspiration and decided to make it... not... so... new.

russianstan.th.jpg

IMO, the result is nice enough.

Oy, great work so far, Lord Trilobite, but I got some suggestions regarding Stan's emporium.

spicecake.png

I think you missed the second most irritating issue (after the unforgivably bad sign) with Stans. Look at the window for the sales office in the original, and compare it to the remake.

35503929.png

In the original, it's the kind of window a salesperson talks to you out of. It's open and you can see the interior walls (the angled wooden boards). It's nicely lit in there and looks welcoming.

In the remake it's simply boarded up, appearing abandoned.

Archived