Home

MI:SE updates, repaints, mods, new arts...

paprik123456

In the original, it's the kind of window a salesperson talks to you out of. It's open and you can see the interior walls (the angled wooden boards). It's nicely lit in there and looks welcoming.

In the remake it's simply boarded up, appearing abandoned.

Yep, but I still think the priority should be "the missing ravine" in the Melee Island forest. Hope someone will fix it soon.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this fixes are really great and nice but I would like to see someone making a mod that fixes the "dot" problem in SE mode. In classic mode I can skip every single line of dialogue with "dot" key if I want, but unfortunately not in SE mode.I really don't understand this not skippable dialog\fmv\game producer logos in some games. First time playing, it might not be a problem, but at another playthroughs it gets really annoying.

• 7 months later...

This project seems discontinued. I'd like to fix the missing ravine in the melee island forest by myself. Unluckily it's not very clear to me from other topics about the utilities I have to use to do that. Hope someone could help...

Here are the most evident parts that should be fixed imho:

(taken from monkey island explorer)

art\rooms\images\103_forest-4\layer0_chunk_1024_0.dxt

art\rooms\images\106_forest-7\layer0_chunk_0_0.dxt

art\rooms\images\102_forest-3\layer0_chunk_0_0.dxt

art\rooms\images\112_forest-13\layer1_chunk_1024_0.dxt

• 5 months later...

Your Guybrush is way better, but his hair still looks like if it's made out of plastic. Your Elaine looks as good as the original SE version, but is more true to the original. And your LeChuck is waaaay better than the original. It would probably be quite a lot of work to remake all of his animations in the style of your edit, but it'd be lovely *hint hint*

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been trying to repaint some of the forest. For the most part it's worked well, except for 3 areas where there's just static over most of the background. Any clues as to why?

EDIT: Here are some screenshots to show what I mean

bandicam_2013_01_25_14_00_19_379.jpg

bandicam_2013_01_25_14_00_26_361.jpg

bandicam_2013_01_25_14_01_11_244.jpg

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I had the setting for the image converter on Monkey 2 on the ones that stuffed up, I'll go through and edit the backgrounds again and put some screenshots up when I'm finished.

Hi, OzzieMonkey. LordTrilobite has already released a patch with some of the background bugs fixed (see his signature link: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2671757&postcount=4 ). Are you working on top of his fixes?

Yes, my aim was to eliminate all of the marker residue at the ground level of the forest. Unfortunately I can't open .dxt files that aren't from the Monkey1.pak file (in other words, extracted out and edited by LordTrilobite) so the touch-ups that he's made to the forest aren't there, but I've covered pretty much the whole forest in terms of the ground area.

Hmm, I understand.

For our translation project, I had coded a re-paker (command line tool in python) to create the monkey.pak file from all the extracted (and modified) files, so, that would probably have helped you with the lordtrilobite's dxt issue.

It would require more steps than if you had lordtrilobite's dds files, but it should work.

So basically the steps to get the modified dds to work on would be:

1) Extract all files from the original pak file using bgbennyboy's MISE Explorer 0.5

2) copy any modified files overwriting the originals

3) repack the files into a new pak

4) Extract the modified dds you need again with bgbennyboy's MISE Explorer

I know that you have now probably finished your work, so that's no more of use to you, but pm me if you are interested in such a repaker. (it only works for SoMI:SE at the moment, not MI2:SE).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived