Home

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars

Godric Volturi

Long ago, in a Galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars: The Mandalorian War

The Republic is being targetted on the Outer Rim, Cathar has fallen victim to the Mandalorians. Few if any of the Catharians survived the attack. The Mandalorians turn their attention to the next of the Outer Rim worlds, the Courscant of the Outer Rim, Taris.

Meanwhile, the Jedi Council has refused the Republic's call for aid, saying that they are only peace keepers, not warriors. The Jedi Council has been deliberating for weeks on end, but on Dantooine, two rogue Jedi Knights rally up a lot of Jedi.

The Mandalorians invade Taris, but during their reign over the planet, two Jedi fighters slip between their notice, Revan and Ashnan Corri. While over half the fleet, including Malak and the Exile are sent to secure Telos from destruction.

Revan looked down upon the planet of Taris. It looked slightly ravaged... pandemonium ran wild. He frowned and looked over at the other Jedi fighter next to him. He looked and saw his friend, Ashnan Corri driving the fighter next to him. He grinned at Ash and Ash grinned back. They both nodded at each other and landed upon the planet.

Revan jumped out of his fighter, lightsaber active. The brilliant violet blade shone like a beacon in the dark times surrounding the planet. Ashnan too jumped out of his fighter, but his lightsaber was not active. He set his hand on Revan's shoulder and the Jedi Knight looked over at his friend.

"Revan... should we really be announcing our presence right now? It would be much more wise if we went undercover... we did take those Mandalorians armor... perhaps we could put their armor on and just hide out, gathering the information for a while. Though I suggest we liberate the Lower City... from what my friend, Kadana has told me, she and the other aliens... and some humans... have been enslaved by the Swoop Gangs in the Lower City." Ash said, looking over at his fighter and grabbed the silver Mandalorian armor from his fighter and quickly threw it on.

Revan nodded slightly. "Quite the wise statement for a pacifist." Revan joked with his friend. He knew that Ashnan was reluctant to join the wars, but did so, because of Semala. He smiled at Ash and grabbed the blue Mandalorian armor out of his fighter and quickly threw it on. He nodded at the silver suited Jedi and both took off to gather some intel upon the Mandalorian stained world.

Austin had walked down to Revan and Ashnan when he saw them. "I was wondering when you guys would get here, so what's the first job?" He then saw Ashnan put on some Mandalorian armor, "Oh, I see" He then grabbed a piece of armor, and put it on.

"So, Revan, how have things been going with the High General? Heard talk among the ranks that he got ticked off and kicked you out of his ship, I doubt it, but that's what rumors say, that true?" Dukale said, hoping to maybe spark up a conversation.

Revan and Ashnan looked at each other. "You are supposed to be dead. We heard that the Jedi Master, at the academy here went insane and killed all of his students." They said in unison. "We heard that he turned to the darkside."

Revan frowned and looked around. It was hard focusing on one thing in the damned armor... his entire body itched, but he did like the mask.

Arkon surveyed the battlefield below from his ship. He watched as the Mandalorians charged a Republic position, taking a lot of casualties in the process. He watched as the vibroblades of the Mandalorians struck with those of the Republic Soldiers’. He watched as the Mandalorians met a brutal end, while only a fraction of those brave Republic soldiers remained.

The Battlefield was one contested for days. It was the walkway in front of the Tarisian Upper City Cantina, which served as one of the Main Headquarters of the Republic.

“Lieutenant, take us down to HQ. I need to talk to whoever is in charge of this mess.”

Arkon’s ship brought 1000 Republic Soldiers, hardly a large number, but good news for the defenders that waited below.

“Will do, High General.”

The ship’s holotransmitter flicked open as the lieutenant called their HQ.

“All yours, High General.”

Arkon walked in front of the holotransmitter.

“Officer, this is High General Arkon of the Ship Messenger. Requesting permission to land.”

“Permission granted, sir.”

The officer gave a weak salute to Arkon, which Arkon returned. Arkon then tapped the shoulder of the lieutenant.

The young lieutenant pushed some buttons on the ship’s navicomputer, and the ship left a state of idleness. The ship sped past, landing on the other side of the Tarisian Cantina. The engines were switched off, and the walkway was brought down.

Fedri was already undercover on Taris, helping people on the lower city escape and hiding them on abandoned apartments and other places. Fedri has been on Taris now for a few weeks, undercover as civilian and trying out everything to pass unnoticed from the mandalorians which are in charge of the planet. Three days ago Fedri send a coded message to the republic and Revan about the situation on Taris and where has Fedri been hiding for the pass weeks. Awaiting for an answer or a respond from the republic or Revan,Fedri has been waiting on a abandoned apartment shared whit a few other civilians.

"Well I'm asking that because he's always following you around everywhere calling you "master" all the time, I figured he'd be with you. But since he isn't, good, I don't need another nuisance." Dukale said, then looked at Ashnan, "Hey Corri, so, how did things go with you and the High General?" Austin said just to try to get Revan ticked off for fun.

Semala and Malak where sent by Revan to Telos, Semala and Malak arrived to the planet with a pretty big fleet of republic ships, the planet was ready for any attack from the mandalorians. Semala had in her thoughts Ashnan, of what could he be doing at the moment, as well as Malak with Revan.

Semala decided go to Telos ground to take charge of the ground troops while Malak remained with the fleet and in charge of the ships.

"We must be prepare Malak, we will be in contact and ready for anything"- Semala said to Malak as she entered the small ship which was to take her to the planet "Yes, Semala, take care"- Malak responded.

OOC: WOAH! FREEZE! Stop going ooc... if you have a problem, please take it up in our OOC thread, the recruitment thread or even pm the person you have a problem with... I would really rather this thread not be locked. Thank you.

~AC

IC:

Ashnan shrugged slightly. "Okay I guess... Revan is my best friend." He laughed and wiped his nose on his "sleeve" then he realized he was wearing the Mandalorian armor. He looked at Revan and Revan nodded. He grinned. "Revan is the High General after all... he is the one leading the Mandalorian Wars. Semala, Malak and I are his second in commands." Ash smirked. "So..."

"I know, so much death here, I wonder how the Mandalorians take it..." Dukale sighed, how can something that seems so beautiful feel so painful. It's like a thousand Sith Lords and a million tarentateks reside here...

"Can we just get going, I'm tired of just sitting here with nothing to do." Austin said.

EDIT: I gotta go to bed now, see ya in the morning.

Ashnan looked at Austin. "Patience is a virtue... besides... let me meditate... I sense... something. Battle will be upon us soon, that much I can see... and if it is... you must remember to protect me and Revan at all costs. I will attempt to use my battle meditation during the battle... but I may not be able to."

Arkon stepped down the walkway, a thousand Republic soldiers following him. The Republic Soldiers marched in five columns, and it was an awesome sight to behold. The guards of the Cantina showed shock on their faces as an Officer stepped outside. The Officer approached Arkon, who motioned for his army to stop. The army stopped in one fluid motion, and the surroundings grew quiet.

Arkon saluted the officer as well, and the officer brought down his hand.

“Greetings officer. Who is in charge of this rabble?”

The officer shivered. He was talking to a High General after all, one who could easily destroy his life. He spoke.

“High General, the Republic forces are being lead by General Revan.”

Arkon laughed.

“Revan eh? Will you do me a favour and summon him? I need to talk to him regarding strategy.”

The officer saluted him again, then ran off. Arkon motioned for his army to follow again. The noise of a thousand footsteps resumed again, as the soldiers and Arkon stepped into the cantina.

Thane Zaltiir sat crouched in an unused apartment overlooking the skyline of Taris with a pair of macrobinoculars in his hands, studying it's controls. He had been on the planet for a week, the last four days in the Republic-controlled locale he was in now. Thane was a Mandalorian scout, sent on a fact finding mission to the area to scope the measure of the Republic forces' presence there, and what he had found didnt look good. It appeared they had some base of operations there and the place was teeming with Republic Military. It had taken only a short while before he pinpointed where exactly this base was - a once bustling cantina, of all places. He had found it strange, that they would choose a cantina, but it soon became apparent: tactically, it was an ideal central location for staging further operations. He didn't find that piece of information too pleasing, but to his superiors, it was excellent news, and probably what spurred them on to do what was resulting below in the large street he was now observing. They had sent a group of about 30 Mandalorians to wrestle the position from the 50 or so Republic soldiers who were present there. The result was a series of skirmishes throughout a period of four days, and that was how long Thane had been holed up in the apartment of his. He had been ordered to stay there and serve as an eyepiece from his vantage point - fairly far away in a tall apartment building.

He popped his head up from under the window he was crouched under and brought his macros up to have a better look.

He zoomed in to see 15 Mandalorians fighting the remaining 20 something Reps in front of the cantina - and get killed. The Mandalorians lost, but they did inflict heavy casualties; there were only a handful of Republic soldiers left. Well, not counting the ones holed up inside the cantina.

A few minutes later, a huge Republic ship came into view. Thane panned to the left and gawked at the sight. Hovering next to the street across from the cantina, it lowered a huge ramp and unloaded what appeared to be a sea of Republic troops in the relatively small space of the walkway.

A red haired man was stepping in front of the troops - he appeared to be leading them. Thane zoomed in on the figure. Judging by his uniform, this had to be someone important. And the way the cantina soldiers reacted to his presence indicated the same. Thane activated the macro's recording function. Perhaps a visual could be run through some databases to identify this person.

The commander - that must be what he is - stopped in fron of the cantina and spoke to a shivering officer for a while. Then the officer ran off, apparently on some errand, and the commander disappeared into the cantina...

Protect you at all costs my eye, if only Bastila were here I'd be having a doozy. It's so fun to get her ticked off. But no, she had to follow the council. Austin decided to look around for anything strange, indirectly still following Revan and Ashnan. If there is such a heavy pain here it could be from that strange masked man in armor, first, he shows up watching me, then started taunting the council without the council even aware of him, then, two Jedi were killed and one man even said he saw a man in strange armor do it. And finally, that Jedi Master went insane because of some apparition that looked like a man in armor, before turning to the dark side. No, stop it, you've got too much on your mind, those were just coincidences, they'll never happen again. Austin kept looking around but saw nothing, good, then proceded to follow behind Revan.

Kelborn saw the high ranking officer too from his hideout. He really wanted to find out who is that person but more importantly: kill him.

"I could easily snipe him from here but.........no. Orders are orders. Mandalore told me not to do anything until he tells me........."

Kelborn then continued observing the fleet............and the officer.

To relieve the defense forces of the Cantina, Fifty (which was the maximum number of troops the walkway can hold) troops were placed outside it. The Cruiser of Arkon also brought out some fresh blaster casings, making the problem of ammunition cease to exist.

“We need to regain land. The time for the defensive is over.”

Arkon Red looked upon the officers inside the cantina.

“We now have soldiers, as I have brought them. The time for idleness is over. Today, we fight! Gather the soldiers! Gather your weapons!”

=================================================================

Mandalore the Ultimate stood atop the bridge of his ship, observing the world of Taris from it. He was overseeing all operations, as all great leaders do. The occasional whelp came to disturb him about unimportant matters, but otherwise, the invasion was going very nicely. Mandalore had a huge spy network operating in Taris, disrupting the Republic soldiers’ operations like the good Mandalorians they are.

There was Thane Zaltiir, notable for his scouting efficiency, Kelborn who was a great marksman, and countless others who devoted their lives to Mandalore. Their orders were simple for now, observe their targets, find weak spots, and do nothing. For Mandalore’s Neo-Crusaders were coming to Taris, and when they arrive, all hell shall break lose. The Mandalorians who currently are in Taris are just pathetic soldiers. They have no bearing on the Mandalorian war effort. They are blaster fodder, the worst of all. But still, they were devoted to Mandalore, and they willingly give their lives for him, something that Mandalore exploits for the great of the Mandalorians.

One of the officers on the bridge approached Mandalore. His footsteps made Mandalore turn around from the view that the bridge granted him. The officer bowed, then spoke.

“Sir, we are receiving a recording from Thane Zaltiir, one of your spies in Taris. We have analyzed it, and we have seen that the High General Arkon Red has shown up in Taris.”

Mandalore replied,

“This High General is only a minor hindrance. Eliminating him should be no trouble, and I wish to do it myself. Turn on the holotransmitter for all my spies. I will send them a message.”

“Yes, sir.”

The Mandalorian saluted, then pressed some buttons in the nearby terminal. Mandalore spoke.

“Su'cuy gar, loyal friends! The time of the Mandalorian is coming at last. I have been alerted that the High General called Arkon has arrived in Taris. Do not do anything to him. I wish to be the one who will kill him. Have patience, Ner vode. The Neo-Crusaders will come soon. Re'turcye mhi!”

Revan and Ashnan searched the apartments all around them, noticing that many aliens were in once set of apartments, but they would never leave. Revan shrugged it off, but Ashnan didn't. He kept thinking back to it. He looked at his friend and Revan just sighed.

"I grow tired of this armor... and as far as I can tell, the Republic is still in control. I'm taking it off." Revan said, throwing the armor off of his body and letting his robes fall back to a comfortable position. Ashnan nodded and did the same. Both of them continued to wear their mandalorian helmets, however, because if they needed to get the armor back on, it would be easier. Trying to stuff one's head into that tiny helmet was a chore... and far too time consuming.

"Well, I guess if we have to." Said Austin, taking off his armor, and his helmet, thinking he wouldn't need it. Like Revan and Ashnan, Austin searched the rooms, looking for anything unusual. At one room, when he opened the door, he saw twelve Jedi laying on the floor, dead. "What a waste," Austin said, but then he started thinking about it a bit more. How could any number of Mandalorians take down twelve Jedi, with, let me see, six of them being masters? Strange, but I'll just have to move on. Then proceded following Revan again.

Archived