Home

Entire DF/JK series coming to Steam 16 September 2009

jp-30

$20 for a package with every single game from DF to JA. That's quite a decent price. :) That is, if you don't still have all of them on CD.

However, they havent fixed problems with modern systems:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968064

Thanks for your interest in Jedi Knight / Dark Forces II

A couple key things of note:

Windowed Mode:

Don’t be alarmed when you launch the game and you are in windowed mode.

Only the cutscenes and menus are locked into windowed mode. The gameplay will run in full screen.

Controls:

Back when the game released, the common WSAD controller layout was not yet standard. From the main menu, goto “Setup/Controls/Options” and then click “Load Configuration”. We included a configuration set called “modern”.

3D Acceleration:

3D Acceleration is disabled by default. On modern videocards results may vary. Try at your own risk! But the game should perform fine in software mode with acceleration disabled.

Changing Resolution:

Make sure that when changing resolutions you only do it from the Main Menu of the game while not in a mission.

Save Often:

The best cure is prevention. F9 is the hotkey for quicksave. Use it frequently.

I'm so sick and infuriated by this! Why does LucasArts have to be so

G0ddamn lazy, protective, clueless, or non-investive about this and not patch the game(s) JK & MotS to work on current modern systems & hardware acceleration + widescreen support? Why won't Justin Chin just DO SOMETHING?!?!? One of the greatest Star Wars PC games of all time...crippled by non-compliance. :disaprove

Guess I can also count out any hope for a DroidWorks update / upgrade, too.

haha lol

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968421

"lost the source code" Well isn't that special.

As expected, JK on Steam is a quick cash-in jobber. They've ripped their own games off CD, rigged up some nocd cracks, and released them hoping they work well enough not to cause a riot. Oh and of course there's no music because it was all in CD audio and they couldn't be bothered to fix up the game to read OGGs or some such.

I dont understand why people who already own these games would buy them again.

I bought "Dark Forces" and "Jedi Knight" when they were new. Both run just fine on my Pentium 200mmx with Windows 95 and a 3dfx Voodoo 1.

Now I bought the complete collection to have the remaining games from Steam. I wish I could play "Mysteries of the Sith" on that machine too, as it's the kind of machine the game was made for.

To bad DRM prevents this, ie. running JKN.EXE will load Steam. There is no protection with "Dark Forces", so why did they feel the need to put one here?

And what mods concerns: I tried the Dark Forces TC demo for Jedi Academy. No problem here.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to get the Steam version of JK/MOTS to play exclusively in either window or fullscreen mode because whenever I go between menus and the game it keeps going back and forth from window to fullscreen mode and its very frustrating. I wish I could just do one or the other. Im sure its probably some compatibility thing and is probably the only way they could get it to work on Steam but I thought itd be worth asking anyways.

Archived