Home

RIP Patrick Swayze

JediAthos

Jed Eckert - Do you want blindfolds?

Stepan Gorsky - violates the Geneva convention.

Jed Eckert - I never heard of it! [/Quote]

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze. Movies like The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Youngblood, Road House and Point Break will live on. Unfortunately so will movies like Ghost and Dirty Dancing.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

(sigh) :( Another one of my favorite actors gone, I'm gonna miss his acting ablities as a great actor. I always believed that his performance in "Roadhouse" was his best ever. I especially loved the part in the movie where one of the town bullies insulted him, and he replyed with:

"Opinions Vary."

Rest in Peace, Mr. Swayze, Rest in Peace.

Yeah. Damn. Sad day for actors and fans alike. Patrick, you will be missed.

RIP. Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst types iirc.

You fight it for a long time and it is an uphill fight, with you slipping downward all the while, with agony.

My pet wolf died of the same thing about a year ago.

Anyways...

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze.

I haven't seen Red Dawn

It was the typical 1980's high school movie. Decent with some really good one liners. Nothing about it would make you think Oscar. Still IMO it is worth the time to watch. I actually watched it again last night.

IMDb even shows that Red Dawn is in production for a remake. Typical Hollywood, if you can’t come up with something new, redo the old stuff.

It was the typical 1980's high school movie. Decent with some really good one liners. Nothing about it would make you think Oscar. Still IMO it is worth the time to watch. I actually watched it again last night.

IMDb even shows that Red Dawn is in production for a remake. Typical Hollywood, if you can’t come up with something new, redo the old stuff.

Heh, yeah. Actually in GTA:Vice City, there is a reference to Red Dawn made by pastor richards on one of the "pressing issues" episodes on the VCPR radio channel in-game.

I believe it went something like: "Whad'ya gonna do when the Ruskies invade? Run off in the woods with your friends? Arm yourselves with sticks and rocks? Paint your faces up and call yourselves "the wolverines" as you try to beat back the Ruskies?"

Swayze was a great actor.

He was also a fantastic dancer-he danced for the Geoffrey Ballet for awhile before his acting career took off. Look up the youtube vid of Patrick on SNL with Chris Farley doing their Chippendales skit tosee just how well he could dance besides Dirty Dancing. Just don't drink anything before you watch or you'll spew laughing.

@Totenkopf-bone cancer is worse because of the pain it causes. However, pancreatic cancer is one of the hardest to treat and is usually not diagnosed until it's in the late stages and has metastasized to the liver and lungs.

Archived