Home

How Nerd Are You?

I guess I'll be the template:xp:

My nerd stats:

I have built four websites thus far, and currently maintain and use three of them.

I mod the games: Knights of the Old Republic, and The Sith Lords.

I am working on writing HTML to build my own web pages from scrap (and getting paid $200 dollars for the first page in the process:emodanc:).

I am speak "enough" Mando'a to be annoying.

I am constantly making something new in GIMP to use as a desktop background or Google theme.

I watch the Science/Discovery/NatGeo channels in my spare time.

I love reading.

I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, and the Eragon books.

I am a member of LucasForums.:xp:

My non-nerd stats:

I live and work on a farm.

I can lift a bail of hay over my head.

I play paintball frequently.

I despise math.

I had to be told the difference between geeks and nerds.:p

My nerd rating:

I dislike the term 'nerd'. I may have interests that aren't shared by most people, but I don't consider myself a nerd. Frankly I couldn't care less what other people call me.

My 'alternative interests' include -

Roleplaying, both paper and electronically

A passing interest for history between 1640 and 1900

Reading a wide range of genres, from history, fantasy, Sci-Fi and crime

Miniature wargaming and painting, again, ranging from Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Historical genres.

A new-found interest in the works of Shakespeare.

I can understand the language of 'Mando'a', but disdain its use.

I listen to mostly classical music, or anything recorded before 1980.

Other interests include fishing and horse riding.

Huzzah.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Ummm... some of my "alternative interests":

• I read Old English; for anyone who's interested, by the way, the University of Oxford (or Oxford University as they insist on calling themselves these days) has something called The Old English Coursepack which has a few texts with detailed annotations for beginners. Beautiful language, well worth learning if you have far too much time on your hands or read English Literature at university (tautology?)
  • I've done some Latin in my time but I can stop whenever I want. The only text I've ever emotionally responded to is Aeneid bk. II, the burning of Troy... which is rather like watching a train crash in slow motion.
  • I know the etymology of my surname; this is linked to the first point, though, seeing as how it's Anglo-Saxon in origin.
  • I can quote unhealthy amounts of both Blackadder and Shakespeare's plays: even the fusion varieties >_>.
  • I dunno...
  • I'm replying to this thread

Huzzah.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Ummm... some of my "alternative interests":

• I read Old English; for anyone who's interested, by the way, the University of Oxford (or Oxford University as they insist on calling themselves these days) has something called The Old English Coursepack which has a few texts with detailed annotations for beginners. Beautiful language, well worth learning if you have far too much time on your hands or read English Literature at university (tautology?)
  • I've done some Latin in my time but I can stop whenever I want. The only text I've ever emotionally responded to is Aeneid bk. II, the burning of Troy... which is rather like watching a train crash in slow motion.
  • I know the etymology of my surname; this is linked to the first point, though, seeing as how it's Anglo-Saxon in origin.
  • I can quote unhealthy amounts of both Blackadder and Shakespeare's plays: even the fusion varieties >_>.
  • I dunno...
  • I'm replying to this thread

Dork

I dislike the term 'nerd'. I may have interests that aren't shared by most people, but I don't consider myself a nerd. Frankly I couldn't care less what other people call me.

My 'alternative interests' include -

Roleplaying, both paper and electronically

A passing interest for history between 1640 and 1900

Reading a wide range of genres, from history, fantasy, Sci-Fi and crime

Miniature wargaming and painting, again, ranging from Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Historical genres.

I can understand the language of 'Mando'a', but disdain its use.

I listen to mostly classical music, or anything recorded before 1980.

Other interests include fishing and horse riding.

1/2 nerd 1/2 geek

I guess I'll be the template:xp:

My nerd stats:

I have built four websites thus far, and currently maintain and use three of them.

I mod the games: Knights of the Old Republic, and The Sith Lords.

I am working on writing HTML to build my own web pages from scrap (and getting paid $200 dollars for the first page in the process:emodanc:).

I am speak "enough" Mando'a to be annoying.

I am constantly making something new in GIMP to use as a desktop background or Google theme.

I watch the Science/Discovery/NatGeo channels in my spare time.

I love reading.

I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, and the Eragon books.

I am a member of LucasForums.:xp:

My non-nerd stats:

I live and work on a farm.

I can lift a bail of hay over my head.

I play paintball frequently.

I despise math.

I had to be told the difference between geeks and nerds.:p

My nerd rating:

76% nerd

13% geek

Archived