Home

Ensiferum From Afar

Drunkside

So i dont think many of you bought their new album (you should), but if someone did i would like to hear your thoughts on it. I bought it today and i love it. Well, every other song exept for the Stone cold metal... But ive only listened through it once now, so i guess i will find new stages in it after some more listening (which i do alot, you dont even want to know how much i listen to music). But yeah, what did you think? If compared to the other albums it definetely beats Iron and Victory songs IMO, but im not sure if its better than the first album or not just yet.

Hmm, I've heard it through a couple times and I didn't really think it was a whole lot different from their other albums. I suppose it'll take a while to sink in, I just haven't found anything that particularly stands out.

Of course, I thought the same about Korpiklaani's Karkelo, but I've come to be rather fond of Uniaika and Kultanainen.

Still, wouldn't pip it above Iron or Victory Songs myself.

Never much of an Ensiferum guy, or folk metal in general besides the Gods known as Agalloch.

I might pick this one up if I find it cheap, right after Insomnium's and Scar Symmetry's new ones :D

Listened to a few of Agalloch´s songs but didnt like them very much... Maybe it was because of the black metal type growls or the odd *clink* noises used in many songs. It definetely is the best american metal that ive ever heard, but i prefer the nordic metal bands.

Listened to a few of Agalloch´s songs but didnt like them very much... Maybe it was because of the black metal type growls or the odd *clink* noises used in many songs. It definetely is the best american metal that ive ever heard, but i prefer the nordic metal bands.

Yeah fair enough, maybe 'cos they combine folk with black and ambience to create their sound, but try giving Not Unlike The Waves a listen, doesn't have any black metal shrieks.

Archived