Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

Since WIP threads are taking Holowan by storm again, well so it seems these days, I thought I join the frenzy!

Yeah, I said I stopped modding, but the bug has me bitten again, well it never left would be closer to the trueth.

But, hey, you're not here to read my rambling thought, you're here to see, what I've been doing.

So... let's see.

ACTIVE PROJET: Korriban Expanded.

The idea here is to revised my old Temple. Its a real old mod done by me and I found it needed a sort of 2.0 version.

Ofcourse just making a temple and dump it somewhere isn't that nice. So I had the idea to enlarge Korriban, just a bit, so it would all fit together better.

The plan:

- Add a canyon.

- Add ruined part of an old Sith city

- Add temple and its interiour

- Add possible a Palace and its interiour.

In all these areas, there will be some baddies to fight and some goodies to find. No real large quest thing, just some good old exploring!

The progress so far? The canyon is almost finished in the texture department, from there its going to get a walkmesh and some export mania happens: with hopefully a good looking area in the game.

Here are a few renders of various stages of the model:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Korri_Expand07.jpg

Wawaf2.jpg

Goody006.jpg

TexrendTest5.jpg

Beatyshot2.jpg

ACTIVE PROJET: Aliens.

You can read more about this in J7's thread, but I might dump some modelling shots in here aswell.

Pending PROJET: Aqualaris.

This baby has been in production for almost a year. It all started with some crazy chatting with GloveMaster, before we knew it we had some nice ideas and agreed to work it out.

Its a large thing, as its a new planet, with a large quest! The planet itself is like Taris meets Manaan, underwater city fun, though without the Selkath. ;)

Its run by big Arkanian medicale firms and they're doing stuff that can't see the day light and it just so happens it all goes wrong when you're there.

If it evers gets finished this puppy will be made out of 8 to 9 new module models. So far about 3 of them are in game.

Not only are there new module models, but a ton of new placeables I just created for this setting. Of course most of the stuff is still just ideas in a notepad, but I'll do my best and keep working on this, its just not my highest priorty right now.

Some screenshots of an area dubbed the Residential Zone aka shopping, drinking cantina and a Pazaak den!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
AqPlace02.jpg

AqPlace03.jpg

AqPlace04.jpg

Pending PROJET: Scrapyard Games.

Yeah, this oldy still hasn't been released, thanks to real life!

Glovemaster was my main compadré on this project to, saddly, "EVIL" college has taken his time away.

So its again on a hold, untill I learn some better scripting I might get this out on my own. Most things are finished on this mod.

Well that wraps it up, on what've been doing.

Stay tuned for more news!

Oh, linky to my Photobucket, if you want to see more shots and renders:

CLICK ME

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!

Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Also, looking at your photobucket pics, I noticed a lot:

-You have a LOT of screenies.

-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.

-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?

-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.

-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?

If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

The last two pictures in the Korriban section remind me of the entrance to the temple where Harrison Ford retreived the Holy Grail (briefly) in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.

Anyway, since I started to think about the canyon and how to fill it with good looking things, that Indie theme kinda popped up in my head :lol:

That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!

Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Aqualaris is all made from scratch mate, nothing re-used, that was infact the challenge. Do a big mod without re-using anything from the games.

Also, looking at your photobucket pics, I noticed a lot:

-You have a LOT of screenies.

-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.

-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?

-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.

-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?

If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

- The Residential Zone of Aqualaris has been tweaked endlessly and a lot of re-exports. So a lot of shots was needed to show the differance to GM and of course just for fun.

- Well... Korriban is very recent, I think about 2 weeks now. Aqualaris is somewhere from last year December. Scrapyard Games I won't talk about :lol:

- Revan and 2 tukata's was in memory for SithRevan, a very good modder and friend of us, who took his own life... its, well, very sad... So far I've no idea if its actually that morale to release a mod, even if it is in his honour, I just have doubt.

- Ah, BoS: SR, did 4 models for that: Mandalores Bridge, The hidden temple in that large cave, centrale room and a large cliff path thing at the end of the mod.

- Mustafar look-alike is a very old crazy idea, it involved Stargate into Star Wars, but I never got far... And in the end I wasn't pleased with it. So its scrapped.

@Q: Nice screens, I especially like the Korriban areas, they're very well done.

Thank you, the canyon is just one area. And there are only shots shown of that, because, well, thats all I made so far.

Great work Quanon! Love it when a great modder makes a WIP :). Now I've got another thread to drool over.

Which game is the Korriban Expansion for? I can see that Aqualaris is for K2, but I'm i'n the dark on Korriban...

Anyway, great work!

Aqua is TSL.

Korriban Expanded, is for K1. Though I'll release it later for TSL aswell.

I just need to find some other ways how you can get there. The overall little hook I planned to link my areas fits better with K1, as the Sith are active there. Looking for ancient ruins.

Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

Nice to hear, but so far, like I said above, Korriban Expanded is for K1.

Thanks for the great responses everybody; critics may be given aswell, though I can't promise if I'll follow them :xp:

Archived