Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

Thank you, all you nice people! Its makes it worth doing these things :)

@Daos300: The connection to the canyon will happen via a Landspeeder=> a cheap trick to warp :lol: Since I had so much fun creating this little movie, I should be able to to a short interlude with a landspeeder blasting across the Korriban wastes.

Just like you see the Ebon Hawk take off or land.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, another minor update, the first little section of the canyon is in the game!

Took all day to finish up the last bits and then to prepare a mesh as the Walkmesh.

Now the walkmesh is a really annoying bugger of a mesh, I've been toying with a second part of the canyon, but alas it seemed to have shifted to the right a bit and I couldn't reach it... dang! :p

Well thats life for an area modeller, redo, redo, redo, did I say I need to redo stuff. :lol:

But here's something to feast your eyes on, the lighting sucks cause it looks more like midnight now and I forgot to put in some custome made textures... yada yada, its WIP!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

KorCan03.jpg

KorCan02.jpg

KorCan01.jpg

Its been a good day!

Got more ingame shots for you folks, each bit of my area is getting in game.

As said before I had to do some wrestling with the walkmeshes, yes, there's more then one of those blasted buggers!

Anyway, as often in modding, keep trying and in the end you get what you want. Thus so far, I got 4 parts in the game.

Here some shots to feast upon:

Show spoiler

KorCanA07.jpg

KorCanA04.jpg

KorCanB03.jpg

KorCanC02.jpg

KorCanC01.jpg

The sky is black cause I haven't added a skybox yet, there still some odd mistakes here and there. But the main goal at the moment are my walkmeshes, once those are okay, I'll hunt down the other bugs :p

What is that thing in the first 2 screenies? Also, is that mission in the first 2 pics? if so, is that a modded appearance?

You mean the small drilling/digging machine on tracks? :p

For the rest its somesort of odd stone work by the Sith, pillars or odd shaped obelisk thingies :lol:

And, yes, I reskinned Mission, been awhile since I done that, made her a bit more smexy and red.

Well, I've been fighting with the emitters.

The emitters create all kind of neat effects: sparks, mist, fire... etc.

Though now I wanted them to create a nice haze/mist for my waterfall.

Been checking the Dantooine models, to get my info and settings, but "GRRRRRRRRRR"!

Kotor1 wasn't really into doing it good, had to do endless tweaking and now I still need to be content with what I get out of it... it's not really how I like it, but'll have to do. Lost to much time on this rubbish >_>

Anyway, I've added the last important bit, a skybox and some extra lights.

Here some shots to show the results. There's still some work to do, like getting the waterfall texture more smooth in its animation. And kill off some texture strectching. And fix the lights, at the moment the light purple one is to strong :p

Show spoiler
KorCanSky01.jpg

KorCanSky02.jpg

KorCanSky03.jpg

KorCanSky06.jpg

KorCanSky08.jpg

KorCanSky09.jpg

Yes, another petite update.

I sort of finished the canyon, well 99%, just that blasted waterfall I'm not fully content of. But I can't be bothered at the moment and before I loose steam I need to push forward.

Though I'm not alone on this mod, Marius has kindly offered to edit the .mod file and bring some extra life to the canyon. Well Marius, wasn't the only one offering help, Canderis, might become my slave aswe... wait, my partner to :lol:

Anyway, work on the city part has begun, I've got a sort of mini map droodle to guide me, some other sketches and ideas to actually contruct buildings easly and then to add damage to them. A work I believe that'll take quite some time to do nicely.

So, I've done a tower model, a gate model and a section of for the outer walls I can now copy/paste endlessly :p

Some shots of these:

Show spoiler
SithTower01.jpg

SithTower02.jpg

SithWall01.jpg

I hope everyone gets a Sith feeling with these.

And thanks for all the kind replies!

Archived