Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

So, back with an update. Many thanks for SithSpecter, who helped me out with the lightmap business. I now have working lightmaps on my Narshaddaa area.

Though oddly enough, SS, gave the advice to use smaller lightmaps. To avoid mistakes with UVs. Somehow my TSL or 3Ds Max made a bigger mess with the small UVs.

Did a couple of retries, just to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. But then I just was fed up and did BIG lightmaps.

And... IT WORKED o_O

Honestly kotor modding is just weird like that.

There's nothing I can point at to says 'this is why lightmap failed'.... *sigh*

Anyway, some screenshots. Warning, the shots look darker then in the game itself. And I might redo the lightmaps, using a large size. All details get smudged out. Plus I'm not happy how 'dark' the shadows are. It's like they are faded away, to much for my taste anyway.

NAR_LM01_zps6449c7b2.jpg

NAR_LM03_zps4d511ba5.jpg

NAR_LM05_zps15636b58.jpg

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Last few days I switched back to do some reskin of the Darth Bandon armour. It'll match nicely with that helmet I made back awhile. Like that I can release a nice little mod.

Here's how things stand so far:

PrevverA04_zpspxp0ltyf.jpg

PrevverA03_zpstadcb2ac.jpg

PrevverA01_zpsjgtnmfna.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

full

God that's pretty. The size variance on the right side seems very natural, while the background ridge on the left seems slightly less credible.

Yeah, it needs more work to get it 'right'. The large rocks/ cliffs will have to drop a bit. Smaller need to go up. And I'll have to add some more to get that landscape feeling.

nice work on the armor. I really like the gloves (I can't see the model's finger/wrist seams, even though I know in my mind where they are :thumbsup:)

Thanks man! Always appriciate helpfull critique!

Just need to get it released.

A new more darth vader inspired helmet has been on my mind lately.

Further tweaks to the skybox:full

Quick update; had a first test run with the skybox in the game. It works out pretty sweet so far. Last but most annoying part is the seems; it'll ask some extra tweaks to get those right.

Here's preview:

MAL_NEW01_zpsmixh7w7j.jpg

MAL_NEW03_zpsdsm125c3.jpg

Full size:

Mal_New05.jpg

Another minor thingy:

messingabouts_zpshacilikz.jpg

Archived