Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree ForeverNight but Quanon can't you make it little bit more Kotor like.

Errr, what?

What on earth are you on about? Is this some poor attempt at trolling? Or just a rashly thought out statement?...

"KotOR, KotOR, where for art thou KotOR?"

How does something look KotOR or not KotOR like? You will have to drastically elaborate, as at the moment that comment is in severe risk of being delete as spam by me. If you want to criticise go ahead, but when you do you have to pose it in such a way that people have a clue what your on about. Why is the above not KotOR like? What can Quanon do to make it more KotOR "like"?

Well i guess i didn't thought about it because I was thinking of Taris.Being the buildings more rounded.

Taris? :lol:

My buildings/ towers are not round, they have a lot of hardedges, corners. Cause in my eyes that gives a bit more of an "aggresive" look, which I found would fit the Sith. :p

It might have something a bit of Tatooine, as my city is covered by a desert, but the main colour is orange/brown. Opposed to Tatooines main bright yellow.

There might look things a bit the same, though... I think it has enough of its own character to set it aside and closer to Korriban. Well that's what I'm aiming for.

Now, the renders, of course look a lot better then the game engine... well what we/ I can now do with the game engine.

Peeps, feel free to some comments, though give a bit of a reasoning why you post what you post. Like that I can take it into consideration or explain my thoughts behind it all better :p

Its mostly quiete clear where I want to steer this mod towards to, but for peeps watching it might be more confusing or just plain unclear. Of course I won't go and spill all the beans :p

Oh, to round it off, 2 new shots.

I've edited some Unknown world textures to fit in Korriban, just some minor tweaking, but I needed some more to colour in my city parts.

Rer9.jpg

Rer8.jpg

I think the buildings are very consistent with Korriban. Yes, they have their own unique look, but they definitely have a similar feel. I can certainly see this as an old Sith city. I don't recall a rounded building anywhere; it's all jutting angles and hard corners. It's looking fabulous and I love that eerie, abandoned feel that the street views have.:thmbup1:

Well, again a minor update.

Well, back with a new minor update.

Back for yet another petite update.

How is it that your "small" updates make mine look like newbie work? Your city is progressing fantastically, and the views are quite grand. As for "KotOR like", I think that maybe because they are dilapidated ruins, your buildings don't look as "futuristic" as some of the canonical locations (like Coruscant, Taris, and even Tatooine). I agree though, that the style you're using (hard edges) suit the feel of Korriban and the Massassi very well. I also think that you've invoked the style of the Tales of the Jedi comics (minus the Egyptian inspired statues in those comics), which is good.

Keep it up :thumbsup: 'cause we're all happy to see your "tiny" updates :)

Quanon have you thought how to get to the Korriban old city.

Because from Dreshdae to an old Sith city doesn't make any sense.Will make a custom module for the Dreshdae locked door?You could reuse one of the dune seas from Tatooine but make the color of the sand to fit the Korriban feel.

Quanon have you thought how to get to the Korriban old city.

Because from Dreshdae to an old Sith city doesn't make any sense.Will make a custom module for the Dreshdae locked door?You could reuse one of the dune seas from Tatooine but make the color of the sand to fit the Korriban feel.

I'm using my canyon, thats what is inbetween. How do you get to canyon? By use of a landspeeder, parked somewhere near the academy :p

Quality is what modding honour is all about :p

I did more work on the city today, buts it more of the same, so no new pictures.

Just know I did a few more broken walls, that's all.

Once its all done, I'll see what needs to be added to the area, I'm still not entirely content with what is there.

Somehow something is lacking, mostly the feeling that its a "city". Need to get more depth in my desert, though without adding to much more polies.

Dang, like dancing a fancy... euh dance, tangoo or something :lol:

Somehow something is lacking, mostly the feeling that its a "city". Need to get more depth in my desert, though without adding to much more polies.

I think you mean it seems more to some ruins than an ancient city, right?

Maybe some kind of statues that could lead a trace about the original inhabitants and some elements that people associate with direct interaction, like benchs, a fountain, some sort of ancient vehicle.... You know, things that give the feeling of being abandoned.

Don't know if that's impossible to do though, just throwing ideas.

Maybe some kind of statues that could lead a trace about the original inhabitants and some elements that people associate with direct interaction, like benchs, a fountain, some sort of ancient vehicle.... You know, things that give the feeling of being abandoned.

Yeah, I've been thinking about adding some statues, perhaps some old stone benches might add that extra magic touch I need. ^_^

Oh and to spoil you people, I've made some new shots, main parts of all my buildings, whats left over of them, are textured. Just need to do all the small bitz here and there, som cliffs aswell.

Then ofcourse the details as I mentioned and something rather big I forgot.

The temple, completely oversaw that one, the focus of the mod >_>

Blame my enthousiasme to begin texturing on this beast.

Rara1.jpg

Rara2.jpg

Rara3.jpg

Rara4.jpg

Archived