Home

Warpath

Litofsky

Yeah, I know Astor gets the Total War related news, but I had to post this.

Make your own conclusions. I, for one, am pissed off that CA would even dare an expansion pack, while trying to simultaneously create a new game and patch a flawed one.

But who knows. Maybe something of quality will come out of this. >.>

Yeah, I know Astor gets the Total War related news, but I had to post this.

I guess this is what happens when my computer breaks down and I have intermittent internet access... :p

Nah, I apologise if it's seemed like i've muscled anyone out of Total War related news in the past. I guess i'm just overly passionate about them. :lol:

Make your own conclusions. I, for one, am pissed off that CA would even dare an expansion pack, while trying to simultaneously create a new game and patch a flawed one.

But who knows. Maybe something of quality will come out of this. >.>

Well, I definitely welcome a bit of variety in the Native American factions - they, like the Europeans were all carbon cut-out armies, which seemed a bit, well, lazy. But then again, Empire did turn out to be an unmitigated disaster upon release.

It looks interesting, and potentially great - I was upset that there no playable Native Americans originally, so at least there is some attempt to rectify that problem.

I agree with your last point - there seems to be something very strange going on at CA lately - Napoleon was a very pleasant surprise, but now it seems like they're doing as much as they put Empire's problems behind them. But the only way they can do that is by fixing them. Let's hope that 1.4, and whatever fixes Warpath brings can sort them out.

Nah, I apologise if it's seemed like i've muscled anyone out of Total War related news in the past. I guess i'm just overly passionate about them. :lol:

No need to apologize. Just me poking some fun at you. :xp:

Well, I definitely welcome a bit of variety in the Native American factions - they, like the Europeans were all carbon cut-out armies, which seemed a bit, well, lazy. But then again, Empire did turn out to be an unmitigated disaster upon release.

Quite.

It looks interesting, and potentially great - I was upset that there no playable Native Americans originally, so at least there is some attempt to rectify that problem.

It should be interesting, to say the least. I think I'll wait for the forum reviews come out until I purchase this one. :p

I agree with your last point - there seems to be something very strange going on at CA lately - Napoleon was a very pleasant surprise, but now it seems like they're doing as much as they put Empire's problems behind them. But the only way they can do that is by fixing them. Let's hope that 1.4, and whatever fixes Warpath brings can sort them out.

Napoleon should be great fun, hopefully. I just wished they would finish one task before starting another.

It should be interesting, to say the least. I think I'll wait for the forum reviews come out until I purchase this one. :p

The only problem with some of the forum reviews, as i'm sure you've noticed, is that many in the TW community tend be fairly, reactionary.

The communities I regularly visit are usually full of quiet praise when CA get something right (which they regularly do), but when CA gets something wrong, they come down on them like a ton of bricks, and because of that one incident, they distrust or criticise anything CA do afterwards, which I think is unfair.

No one company can get everything right all of the time, but some people just have unrealistic expectations of CA.

Napoleon should be great fun, hopefully. I just wished they would finish one task before starting another.

I agree. CA dropped the ball, and it did seem like they were doing their level best to fix all of the problems, but now, with this, i'm not so sure.

As said, development of the Native American factions was always desperately needed. I don't know about everyone else, but after the first few battles against repetitive and oddly unbalanced crowds of Native Americans, the novelty really wore off. Auto-resolve sees a lot of use now. :xp:

The promise of expansion of the Americas map is something I'm glad about - provided, of course, it all carries over into the Grand Campaign, and is not a stand-alone campaign like the United States thing.

Like any faction you are not permitted to control in a Total War game (still want to play Romano-British in Barbarian Invasion :lol:), the Native American factions were a source of intense curiosity, I thought. Because the AI doesn't take full advantage of the units on offer, at least at no point for me yet, what few elite units they have never really turn up on screen. And they are certainly a more vicious and capable foe than Empire's European factions for the most part, with their accursed long-range bows that make me break up my lovely, ordered red lines...

Anyway, that all seems a bit of an aside. I'm curious about this. It might be worth a look once more information is released. That said, I very much liked their 'Elite Units of the West' pack.

Let's hope that 1.4, and whatever fixes Warpath brings can sort them out.

Fixes are always good too. Though the Daily Updates on the Total War forums have slowed to nothing. The last update on the 18th was an altogether unhelpful Tomahawk image!

Archived