Home

Atton vs. HK-47

Lord of Hunger

Who would win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• HK
    • Atton
    • YOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Here's one I bet no one has thought of.

So who do you think would win in a fight?

Conditions:

Atton has been trained by the Exile and has a lightsaber. He also has a blaster.

HK-47 has his own weaponry and has been fully repaired, including assassination protocols.

Neither is protecting anything. They are just trying to kill each other.

Feel free to choose whatever setting (location) you wish.

Hard one. HK-47 has killed loads of Jedi, but on the same time, Atton has too, so he probably know their weaknesses and how to avoid facing the same fate as them.

Really depends on the battle. If it's face-on-face, Atton would probably win. Lightsaber>Blaster. If it's covert attacks and so on, HK would probably win. Filling his room with gas or sniping him from 120 km distance>Lightsaber.

Well, Hk-47 is an assassin droid of unrivaled sophistication...and Atton is a human, who's force sensitive, but knows alot about killing jedi, as does Hk-47.

Now, faulty logic would try to argue that HK-47 would kill Atton simply because Atton is a jedi.

If anything, Atton being a Jedi isn't any bit of an advantage, because likely Hk-47 knows how to counter any jedi tricks Atton might throw up. Atton's knowledge of how to kill jedi however does give him some edge: he might have some insight as to the tactics that Hk might resort to to take him out. And everyone knows that when you can anticipate your enemy's next course of action, you've got the upper hand.

Now, I think Atton's a smart guy.. and Hk-47 is a well-programmed killing machine. While HK might have the upper hand with precise assassination protocols, Atton's got the human advantage of innovation.

My vote goes for Atton. He's got that "I've got a bad feeling about this" sense. I've a feeling if HK were to try to assassinate him from afar, his attempt would be foiled by that terrible piece of dialog. :)

HK? At his peak? No contest. Atton would lose.

HK was created for the very purpose of killing jedi. He is also a droid, with much faster reflexes etc than a human. He can also operate with different parts of his body chopped off. (which happened to him quite a bit when fighting jedi).

He's got that "I've got a bad feeling about this" sense. I've a feeling if HK were to try to assassinate him from afar, his attempt would be foiled by that terrible piece of dialog.

Personally, i believe his "cowardly intuition" (:xp:) as Exile possibly calls it is just his force sensitivity manifesting itself when he wasnt a jedi. When Atton becomes a jedi, surely his danger sense would be enhanced quite a bit, but HK would have dealt with fully fledged jedi who would have danger senses just as sensitive, if not higher than Atton's. (Jedi Masters)

But i think a much more defining factor would be their training. HK was personally programmed by Revan, who had killed far more jedi than either HK or Atton. Atton would have been trained in some special assassin facility, where the training would have ultimately also come down from Revan. Who do you think Revan would have given better Jedi killing skills to? His personal unique killing droid? Or his indoctrinated lackeys?

There's a reason why HK was Revan's personal killing machine, and not some elite meatbag assassin. I believe that reason was HK's extraordinary efficiency at the job. Remember, if HK wasnt as effective (useful) as his lackeys, Revan would've disposed of him. (a principle that he taught Bane in Path of Destruction) Yet Revan had HK all the way up till when he was betrayed by Malak.

HK would win. It would be a hard fight but HK would win. The way he tells the Exile how to kill jedi leaves no doubt about it. Atton only said things like....."I was good at it.","It was easy."

No offense Atton:xp:

I can't really explain things well, but I think Atton would die.

This is a very hard decision indeed. HK-47 would definately kill Atton if he is not Force Sensitive, but in this case, he is. Atton has a mass knowledge of killing Jedi, but so does HK-47, though HK-47 is not a Jedi, so this just gave HK-47 an advantage. He is able to snipe from far away, and since his assassination protocols is active, he now has a better advantage. Atton is Force Sensitive, so he can force push HK-47 or disable him by shocking him. He can also try to cut HK-47, but HK-47 can probably snipe Atton before he can get to him. Atton can probably dodge the shot though. If the situation was that the Exile ordered HK-47 to assassinate Atton, and if the location was within the Ebon Hawk, HK-47 can unexpectedly blast Atton from the behind, he would not be able to sense this betrayal coming because HK is a droid not human. I'd say HK-47 would be the victor.

I say Atton wins... I see no reason to believe that HK-47 is the ultimate Jedi-killing badass that everyone seems to think he is. Yes, HK was sent to kill Jedi by Revan, but we don't have any reason to believe these Jedi were experienced Jedi Masters or anything like that. What's more, HK admits that Jedi have beat him in fights more than once, and I can't see any reason to believe that he's better than Sith at killing Jedi, because to a trained Force-user with a lightsaber, what makes HK different from just another droid with a blaster? Yes, he has "unrivaled sophistication". Yes, he's armed to the teeth. Yes, he has the best in assassination and combat programming of any droid known in his era. But there have been tons of examples in Star Wars where being a really great fighter who's very well-armed and well-trained doesn't mean squat to a Jedi. A very obvious example from the films is Jango Fett, who is pretty much unquestionably considered to be the greatest bounty hunter alive at that time, get killed by Mace Windu just as easily as any common battle droid.

Furthermore, KotOR II itself gives a pretty good example of this, where we have three HK-50 units (which are arguably at least as effective in combat as HK-47) fail to kill the Exile on Telos. The Exile who doesn't even have a lightsaber yet. That doesn't speak of great anti-Jedi capabilities to me. HK-47 is not close to being a serious Jedi hunter like Grievous.

Bottom line: Atton's in danger, but it's nothing he can't handle.

or sniping him from 120 km distance>Lightsaber.

Seriously, is this a joke? I ask because 120 kilometres is almost the entire diameter of the first Death Star. You can't snipe somebody over a horizon.

I think it would be very close.

Atton is after all, an ex Sith Commando, which, coupled with any potential Jedi training would make him a deadly opponent. Yet HK-47 is trained to take down Jedi.

Either of them could win, but not without seriously wounding (or damaging, as the case may be) their opponent.

Seriously, is this a joke? I ask because 120 kilometres is almost the entire diameter of the first Death Star. You can't snipe somebody over a horizon.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope"

Now why would he say that if it was impossible? :)

Well, If we look at canon, the exile in TSL is a light side female, which means that she Malachor is destroyed at the end of the game, which means she is able to stay on with Atton and train him. Remember Kreia says, "They were the Lost Jedi you know..." Which includes Atton. So, my verdict:

Atton(scoundrel)vs.HK-47=HK-47

Atton(LostJedi)vsHK-47=Atton

EDIT: Oh and you all keep talking about Jedi training Atton had....The only training he had in regards to the force was to block Jedi from getting into his head and using force powers against him. I'm pretty sure HK-47 isn't a secret Jedi robot, so throw that out the window.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope"

Now why would he say that if it was impossible? :)

To answer your question, the most likely explanation is that it was a creative liberty taken for the sake of his metaphor, rather than something likely to be taken more literally, such as a recollection of a previous mission. And again, how can you shoot someone over a horizon?

Yeah he'd so win 'cause he's hot and has a lightsaber, as someone mentioned earlier..and lightsabers are indeed > blasters.

I didn't know being 'hot' counted towards one's effectiveness in combat.

Of course, if we're talking about hot in the conventional sense, i'm pretty sure HK-47's components generate far more heat than a meatbag. :p

HK47 would win.

Reasoning? His reflexes are faster than humanly possible. In the time it would take for Atton to realize WITH THE FORCE that he's being shot at, HK should've already kill him.

Why?

HK is a machine, a very high quality machine. He has processors that are likely going to be running very fast and with multiple cores. So, we have a very fast multi-threaded killing machine that's stronger than humanly possible and faster than humanly possible... against a Jedi.

HK kills Jedi. That is his primary function, to hunt and kill Jedi. While the Aratech metaphor may have been stretched, we still know that he can see further than a human and can adjust for things that a human couldn't.

For example, HK would be able to figure out how much particle drift there would be on his shot at a range of... let's say 25 miles. From there he can adjust for it AS HE FIRES. So, he fires the gun -multiple times in order to compensate for Atton's ability as a Jedi to see things before they happen- and pretty soon we have a Jedi that's either dead with a confused expression on his face, or simply confused.

So, HK continues firng at Atton from that range until Atton figures out what's going on. Now, HK can retreat and set up some mines to detnonate when Atton is standing on them or stay put and use melee.

Ah, you say, but HK can't USE melee weaponry!

Yeah, he can. He has fully articulate hands and the strength beyond mortals, he can use swords. And, since he can think faster than Atton, he can hold his own/over come the smuggler that I never use when I can help it.

Anyway, now let's give HK a MAC-11 and tell him to close the gap.

Not even Obi-wan could defend from that. Blaster bolts move FAR too slowly and repeat too slowly.

Anyway, (tl;dr) HK wins because he is more than human, which is Atton's basic constraint.

Archived