Home

Music in MotS?

ezekiel001

Ah, the good old no music playing deal. Yeah, this is a common problem with newer OS systems like XP, etc. The only way I know of to play the music while ingame is to open the tracks on the CD with an audio program like Media Player, Musicmatch, etc., and play them through that at the same time as you play the game. However, to play the tracks as they were intended to in the game would mean having to find out what the original play order was and re-order them that way, which is a royal pain, as the playlist order on the CD is not how they originally played in the game. I would like to know if there is any way myself other than the method I suggested to play the music because it just isn't the same.

Hmm, that I am not sure of or didn't know about. I take it you looked on your CD drive in an audio program to look for the tracks? Because they aren't in plain sight when exploring the actual folders on the disc, they only show up in an audio program, at least that's what I understand.

Windows Media Player will see CD audio tracks. So will ImgBurn.

For the game to play music the drive with the CD has to be the lowest drive letter of all other optical drives.

There are no audio tracks on the CD and I only have one drive.

Does your CD for Mysteries of the Sith have audio tracks on it?

Mine does. I tell you what I can do, they are out of sequence like they are on the CD, but I do have the tracks already converted to mp3s if you would like to have them, let me know and I can pack them up and upload them to my Filefront page, just let me know.

I would be very grateful if you could do that for me, I can then make a copy of my CD and insert the audio track to see if it works.

I've been hunting around and it seems that this is quite a common production error as all the downloads of the MotS iso I can find still available are the same size as my CD (~424Mb). I did find one that was around 700Mb which might have the audio tracks but it's not available any more.

Okay, I'll do that, then. Small update, though; I found the walkthroughs for the first ten levels in the game on YouTube thanks to a guy named popkraz97 that uploaded them, and they had the level music in the background so I was able to rename the correct mp3s so you can use them on the first ten levels. He hasn't gotten around to doing the last four levels yet, so I have no idea what the last tunes are supposed to be.

Well then we are back to the original problem. I don't believe the game is going to detect what track needs to be played with the level that is loaded, regardless of whether you made yourself a new CD of the game or not with music included or not, it just simply won't detect the tracks, I believe. I could be wrong, but that's my theory. If the music won't work on my comp, then more than likely it won't work on your Linux setup either. So I need to ask you again: do you want the zip file I made that has the tracks rearranged in actual gameplay order? As I said, I found out what the tracks for the first ten levels are thanks to popkraz97's YouTube walkthrough vids. I have no idea how he got the music to play; either he has a comp with Windows 95 and/or old equipment to run the game with music, or, he recorded his walkthroughs years ago and finally uploaded them after all of these years. I am just glad his has the music in there as that was an invaluable resource to know what the music tracks were. I just wish he had the walkthroughs up for the last four levels so that I would know what they are. I did find on opening my copy of the game in Windows Media Player that the second track is for level 12, and I also already know which track is used for the end credits. The only ones I am not sure about are for levels 11, 13, and 14, and I haven't included them in that zip I made, at least not yet. So, let me know what you want. I will be more than happy to upload the original zip I made that puts the tracks in gameplay order and I can include the level 12 and end credits music tracks if you want them as well. When that guy puts up the walkthroughs for the final levels I will definitely update the file.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oddly, as I recall, if you wanted anything more than silence in MP, you had to rip the tracks from your disc or use the infamous (taboo and unsupported!) cd crack.

People would always chide me for playing music while I played MP, but I could still hear people coming (though I did often mute it during KFY so I could hear the chirping better!).

My suggestion is to rip the music off your own CD and play it in a loop. You can cut the tracks to your liking and play 'em in winamp if you like.

Archived