Home

Turning on Second Saber?

DistortedTruth

try press the saber style change button. its "L" by default.

i used to use L when i used to play only on keyboard (no mouse)

now i play with mouse and have it on middle click cause its faster.

L switches styles for me :(. Middle click just does some weird thing that vista does :(. Ugh, I need help.

If the L key doesn't work rebind it in the menu somewhere else.

Turn the saber off and then on.

Dual sabers work like this: if the sabers are off and you hit 1 to turn them on, both will come on. If you have them off and you hit the 'style' button only one will come on. If they are on then the 'style' button will change between one saber or two.

The staff is the same way. Two saber blades or one.

It brings all the applications running and tiles them diagnolly in a 3D kinda way so I can see whats running and select something else.

picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=4769

like that?

its windows flip 3d. usually it works by pressing the windows key + the tab key. (an improvement on the older alt+tab, which is also in vista)

do you happen to be having any mouse/keyboard managing software? becasue they can set functions to each of the mouse buttons, and your middle click may be set to windows flip 3d.

for example: i have a logitech mouse and keyboard that came with its own software called SetPoint, in which you can change all the button functions. (in this case, middle click). heres how to check the button function if you have setpoint:

1. With your Logitech mouse plugged in, open up SetPoint (Start>All Programs>Logitech> Desktop Manager)

picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=4770

2. In the SetPoint window, click on the "My Mouse" tab.

3. Follow the steps displayed: Choose your mouse (it should be selected already if you only have one Logitech mouse), select the button you want (middle button), and look at the "Task" that has been selected as its function. (Tell me what it was set to). If it is set to "Document Flip", then theres the problem. To change it:

4. Click on the "Other" radio button.

5. In the "Select Other Task" window that pops up, choose "Middle Button"

6. Click on "Apply"

... And thats it! try press middle click now; flip 3d shouldn't be happening anymore.

Now start up Jedi Academy and try middle clicking in game. Is the style switching working now?

picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=4769

like that?

its windows flip 3d. usually it works by pressing the windows key + the tab key. (an improvement on the older alt+tab, which is also in vista)

do you happen to be having any mouse/keyboard managing software? becasue they can set functions to each of the mouse buttons, and your middle click may be set to windows flip 3d.

for example: i have a logitech mouse and keyboard that came with its own software called SetPoint, in which you can change all the button functions. (in this case, middle click). heres how to check the button function if you have setpoint:

1. With your Logitech mouse plugged in, open up SetPoint (Start>All Programs>Logitech> Desktop Manager)

picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=4770

2. In the SetPoint window, click on the "My Mouse" tab.

3. Follow the steps displayed: Choose your mouse (it should be selected already if you only have one Logitech mouse), select the button you want (middle button), and look at the "Task" that has been selected as its function. (Tell me what it was set to). If it is set to "Document Flip", then theres the problem. To change it:

4. Click on the "Other" radio button.

5. In the "Select Other Task" window that pops up, choose "Middle Button"

6. Click on "Apply"

... And thats it! try press middle click now; flip 3d shouldn't be happening anymore.

Now start up Jedi Academy and try middle clicking in game. Is the style switching working now?

OMG! Thank you so much! I deleted the save file where I had my dual sabers, but I will let you know if this method works as soon as I get back there which will probably be tomorrow after classes. Thank you so much!

Have you downloaded the patch? Some sabers have special features that only work with the patch.

Most downloaded hilts won't show up in the sp saber menu. You'll have to look in their readme's in order to get their name and then use them in console.

The 1.01 patch? It was from D2D so I think it came as v. 1.01.

It does I think. If you open the console "shift and ~" It will tell the version.

Have you tried the console commands to give yourself dual sabers? Try: saber kyle kyle and see if that works. You may have to enable cheats by typing in: helpusobi 1

Then try the saber commands.

OMG it worked! Thank you so much!

happy to help! ;)

One weird thing that keeps happening though is that I can only select a JA style hilt. I cannot select a modded hilt skin. The second saber will not turn on that way. Idk why this is. Do you know perhaps? I found some really nice ones I'd like to use.

the second saber wont turn on? so you mean that the modded saber shows up on one hand, but not the other? that is strange...

could you post links to the hilts you want to use? (so we can check the problem out)

I deleted the save file where I had my dual sabers,

so youve deleted your saved game? no problem. if you want it, try use an undelete program to bring it back. If you dont already have a file recovery program, I'd recommend Recuva (www.piriform.com>Recuva).

Have you tried the console commands to give yourself dual sabers? Try: saber kyle kyle and see if that works. You may have to enable cheats by typing in: helpusobi 1

personally, i am of the opinion that one should not use cheats till after theyve completed the game at least once, lol. but if Distorted doesnt want to use file recovery/ it wont work, he should try that. these are the saber commands i use:

"saber" (automatically gives you that horrible plain old hilt that all the enemy's have. afaik, its called "Stinger")

"saber single_x" (gives you a single saber with the hilt specified. color is random. "x"= number. each number corresponds to a JA hilt)

"saber single_x" single_x (gives you two sabers, one in each hand)

"saber dual_x" (gives saber staff)

"sabercolor 1 <color>" (changes the color of saber in your right hand. <color>= blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, red)

"sabercolor 1 <color> 2 <color>" (if you have two sabers or a saber staff, this changes the color of each blade to what you want. its pretty cool having two different colors in one saber staff)

Also, here's a neat trick in Multiplayer: If you want to change your saber in game, but don't want to have to die and respawn for it to apply, try this:

1. Go to menu>profile>saber and choose your saber.

2. Click apply and get back into the game

3. Open up the console and type in "\saber" without the quotation marks. (in MP, be sure to type in the "\" when doing commands. if you dont, itll just post a message)

4. Your saber will now have changed to whatever you chose!

It might be that the server doesn't have the modded saber you have. If that's the case, although it looks like your have dual sabers, the server will still think you have a single saber - therefore you won't be able to switch on your second saber.

Archived