Home

Role play Bastila as exile

Parmenides

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread as I'm not starting a story telling type thread. I'm just looking for thoughts and ideas. Anyways, I'm going to play the game with Bastila as the exile... and was wondering if any of you had ideas on background history to "fill in the gaps" and make the scenario believable. Revan and thus Bastila chose the dark side before confronting Malak.

I thought about having Bastila as another amnesiac general exile. But of course there are problems with that. One of which, she would have to lose and regain her powers twice. (Though I could make that into one of Revan's experiments)

For another scenario:

I also thought about Bastila finding the exile .. and perhaps with Revan's help somehow absorbing the exile's essence (upon the exile's death?) as she somehow assumes the perceived identity and the powers (or lack thereof) of the exile. The jedi council members wouldn't be able to tell that this was bastila. They would be fooled into thinking that the person they condemned was the same person they met up again with upon the "exile's return."

I'm not 100% happy with either of my ideas. Just looking to see if any of you have ideas on creating some believable background history.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this idea: LSF!Revan redeems Bastila per the normal LS ending , but 'upon further review' the Jedi High Council decides that the double-edged sword of her Battle Meditation (good if she's on our side, bad if she's not) along with their uncertainty about how 'redeemed' she really is, mean she's got to be completely cut off from the Force and exiled.

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

^^ Revan is canonically a male... >.>

Okay... how about this? Canonical LSM ending. Some members of the Council still find it hard to believe Revan has forever shunned the Sith. So when he goes haring off to the Unknown Regions, and doesn't return, they assume the worst. Revan and Bastila have not made their officially-discouraged-by-the-Jedi affection for each other a secret, so when Revan disappears Bastila is vulnerable to the conservatives on the Council (or masquerading Dark Siders) who use the opportunity of his disappearance to weaken pro-Revan sentiment by kicking Bastila out of the Jedi and cutting off her connection to the Force as well (who wants an angry ex-Jedi with Battle Meditation wandering around?)

That works great. That Carth cutseen after killing Nihilus dampens things. I suppose modding that out would be best. But still, that seems best for light side. If dark side, everyone gets consumed by the star forges' dark energies, except Bastila, she preserves herself by cutting herself off from the force. I have some supplemental thoughts being formulated as well. I'll post some paragraphs at some point. Definitely would like to hear more. Ideally, there should be a good explanation for all 4 Revan choices.

I have an idea but it would require changing some chronology in events mentioned but not shown in games.

K1 ends with Dark Side ending (male or female, whatever) and Revan rebuilds New Sith Empire. Bastila is with Revan because she belives in the cause or just turns to the Dark Side, just as the Exile did. She becomes one of Revan's generals etc. etc. and so on - the whole Exiles story.

Now the chronology is changed. Battle of Malachor V happens after K1 and not before.* Revan destroys all Mandalorian army and his (her) own at the same time and leave to the Outer Rim searching for new allies, more Sith teachings etc.

Bastila is the only survivor and returns to face the trial before Jedi Council. She becomes the Exile. K2 starts and you can play without any change to the game :)

*they could mess-up something with the dates in Jedi Chronicles ;) Eh... those librarians ;)

No, just requesting story ideas is all.

Never thought about changing chronology, very interesting. Though I don't think it is necessary to change chronology. Bastila could be older than we thought.

Here's an interesting DSM Revan idea.

Via some daring raid led by what few Jedi are left to them, the Jedi Council manage to capture DS Bastila. They hold her hostage, assuming Revan will negotiate for her release. Revan knows they'll never let her go, and anyway she was inching uncomfortably close to challenging him for his crown, so tells them to go ahead and lop her head off. Shortly thereafter Revan departs for the Unknown Regions.

With no more Revan, there's no more need for Bastila. But just in case Revan were to ever return, the Jedi spare her life, instead deciding to cut her off from the Force. She's angry at both sides, so starts her exile as a neutral.

Archived