Home

Valkian

Hello there fellow mojoers.

As you may or may have not noticed I'm trying to turn the Thrillville website into something new (more accurate, update-able and overall more interesting). It's going to be all about LucasArts, formated like an old fashion analogue magazine (except it's going to be online and digital), hence the adoption of a convenient quarterly release instead of the blog-like thing.

I figured since it's going to be only a handful of articles and features long, I could handle the first issue all by myself, but it seems It's not going to be as perfect as I imagined it unless I get a little bit of help.

I could really use:

• A CSS/HTML wizard: and by wizard I mean someone better than me at it, i.e: everybody. I have already designed all the main thing, but I would need someone to translate that into CSS much more efficiently than I could with the time I have.
  • Writer/s: This could be a one-time affair (unless you would like to be a regular collaborator). I've got all pretty much covered for this first issue, but the one topic I would like someone else to handle is Tales of Monkey Island. There is another topic (LucasArts related, naturally) that might require a person with more wit than myself. I wouldn't want to spoil it, so write me in private if you are interested and I'll tell you.
  • A copy editor: a human spell-checker and grammar maniac with a love for journalistic publications.

That's pretty much it for now. The first two are the ones I'm in most need of. Also, as I said before I don't want to spoil the whole thing too much for those who would just like to read the finished thing. But if you would like to know more about it to make a more informed decision on whether or not you would participate then let me know and I will gladly tell you.

Thanks!

I'd actually be interested in copy-editing. As for writing, I don't think I'd have the time, but I'd like to know more about the nature of the witty thing. Depending on how much time that would take, I might want to try my hand at it. Kindly send me a PM about this if you will. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the love mojoers! I have already PM'd all of you.

Also, for everyone else reading, if have you an idea for a crazy article about LucasArts that you would like to write, fire away and let me know. I wouldn't be surprised if what you can come up with is more fun and interesting than what I had in mind.

• 2 months later...

Hi there! it's me again. You probably remind me from the last post which is just above this one.

I just wanted to inform you that you can go to the site and download a PDF of the first issue. The full site isn't ready yet, but all the content for this issue was, so I decided to just put it out there for everyone to read.

I think even when the site is completed I might still go with a PDF format for the magazine, since what I want to do visually, is hard to accomplish in CSS.

Anyway, I would like to thank Haggis for his grand copy editing skills, Gabez for a very charming article and overall assisting on behalf of Mojo, James for bearing with me on the web design side of things and Zaarin for setting up the hosting for the website. You are all awesome.

So, for this issue is mostly me writing, but I would love if on the next issue there was a lot less of me (not physically). If you like what you read, you are more than welcome to contact me if you would like to write an article for the following issue. That one is probably going to be Monkey Island-centered, so I'm particularly looking for someone who would like to write the main feature about Tales of Monkey Island. Other than that I'm open to suggestions and all kind of crazy ideas.

Archived