• Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive
    • Nintendo 64
    • Sony Playstation
    • Sega Saturn
    • Microsoft X-Box
    • Sony Playstation 2
    • Other

Alright here it is, my first thread since unretiring:

Since we have wide range of ages represented on this forum, this should be interesting. What was the first Gaming System you played on, and what was your favorite game from that system?

Of course having said your initial answer, don't be afraid to discuss all an any classic gaming rigs and the classic games you grew up on. Gaming is big aspect of what makes this forum, and surely we all have fond memories of some of the games and consoles of old. I'm sure you, like me, were influenced by those games and they help mold you into the gamer you are today. So, let's share those gaming memories...

First gaming system would be the Sega Genesis, and favorite game would be Sonic the Hedgehog.

Which I might add I actually finally beat it 6+ months ago...

The game I remember most though would be Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 on the PS1, which I like to re-beat every couple months.

My first system I played regularly was the Nintendo Entertainment System, and my favorite game was Bionic Commando. I played that game for hours and hours. Eventually I would get good enough to beat the game without ever dying. That was fun!

Shout out to these other great NES games:

Zelda

Castlevania

Lifeforce

Contra

Ikari Warriors

Punch Out

Kung-Fu

Double Dragon

Final Fantasy

Shoot, list list could go on forever! :eek:

Atari 2600. My favorite game was Pitfall, followed by Pitfall 2.

Consoles didn't get really intersting until the NES came along several years later, though. There were some really good games for it.

My first gaming system was the Atari, and the first game I played on it was Pong. Yes, I'm that old. :/

If its any consolation, LeXX, I'm old enough to have had an Atari, and I played my friends', but the first Console I actually owned was an NES. So, don't feel too bad. If my parents weren't so stingy at the time, I would have answered with Atari too! ;)

I'm gonna say it was probably something on PC, because there were lots of little games we used to play on DOS and Windows 3.1, but the first game I really remember playing was Super Mario World on SNES, so I'm gonna go with that. I remember being amazed that you could control something on a TV. Favorite game I played on it was probably Donkey Kong Country, followed closely by Mario RPG or SMW2:Yoshi's Island.

Hmm. The oldest computer I remember using was a Pentium 166. The original games I played on it were Solitaire, Amazon Trail, Oregon Trail and O'dell Down Under (though to be fair this last one was pretty fun). >_>

The first games I remember getting and really loving were demos of Descent II and Destruction Derby which were included on the driver CD of a Diamond Stealth 3D graphics card. So now you know why I <3 Descent. :p

Edit: I completely forgot about the Original Gameboy. My sister had gotten one as a present from our grandpa and we played a lot of Final Fantasy Adventure, LoZ: Link's Awakening, some sort of Mario puzzle game, Qix and some others I can't remember. That was probably my first system.

We didn't have much video games in the Philippines, so I didn't really get into them until moving to the States.

I voted PC because it was the first platform we owned that I really got into gaming on.

The first system I really remember playing was Sega Genesis, and my favorite game was definitely Sonic the Hedgehog.

On PC my first games were Oregon Trail and I remember this old game called Magic Carpet we had to play through DOS. That game was the ****. Then when the original Warcraft came out that series completely enveloped my life.

Then the first (and only) console I ever owned was a PS1, bought at a yard sale. My favorite game for that was undoubtedly Final Fantasy 8, along with the other FFs from that generation, but I also remember really enjoying the Twisted Metal series.

Oh, and Digimon World 2. Don't ever knock the awesomeness that is Digimon around me.

NES here. Played it like no tomorrow. We had the 3 in 1 Mario, Duck Hunt, and some Track & Field game w/ mat. I think in the end, I had about 20 NES carts before moving on to the Sega Genesis.

Does anyone else remember when Blockbuster used to rent out NES games? Wow, have times changed.

Not much love for the Master System? My Favourite game was Sonic the Hedgehog. It was a port of the version from the more powerful Mega Drive but the attention to detail they put into the graphics and level design more than made up for the limited power and in my opinion made it the best Sonic game to this day, it is a pity that the Master System version of Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos were not as well done.

First: NES, metal gear.

The list is too extensive, though somewhere in the stagnant classic gaming forum I made a huge list what I owned which I'm sure still missed some.

My fondest memories:

Atari: Combat, space invaders, missile command

NES: SMB1&3, megaman 1-3, metal gear 1&2, Castlevania 1-3, mike tyson's punch out

I remember buying my SNES from costco and carrying it home.

Super Mario World, Super Scope 6, Super Metroid, Street Fighter 2 (original), super game boy, Zelda 3, Megaman X 1-3, Star Fox, Zombies Ate My Neighbors

GB: Super Mario land 2: 6 golden coins, Donkey Kong '94, DK land, Joe & Mac

Mac: Descent, SW dark forces, mac arcade pack 2, Odyssey:Legend of Nemesis

N64: mario64, perfect dark, wcw nwo revenge, bomberman64

PS1: Twisted metal 1-4, megaman X4, SW Phantom Menace

Have other favorites, but these I can truly call nostalgia.

Archived