Home

NFL 2009

Jae Onasi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the games today looked close at all on a quick sweep through of the NFL website... The Vikings beat the Rams something like 34 to 10 and a lot of other victories were like that.

Can't wait for the Packers (home) v Vikings game though, the one at the metrodome was good, this one should be better.

I just wish I could watch the Vikings and not think of how they act off the field....

lol. Best Patriots game ever. 59-0, with 45 points and 5 TOUCHDOWNS scored just in the 2nd quarter. I almost couldn't watch, almost. 622 total yards for the pats.

NFL record for most TDs in a single quarter.

Franchise record for most TDs in a single game.

Franchise record for most points in a single game.

Ahh, reminds me of that Raiders game back in '07... actually, it reminds me of a lot of games from '07.

What happened to the Titans, though? Yeesh.

My beloved BEARS took one on the chin down in the Dirty ATL.

Matt Ryan continues to impress his will on the BEARS defense, especially when the game is on the line, in the 4th Qtr. (images of last year's debacle still fresh)

We're really missing our Captain Urlacher and it was painfully apparent watching Tony Gonzales take our young linebacker Nick Roach to NFL school and use his old jedi mind tricks for touchdowns.

Jay Cutler is promising. I think he tries to take on too much.

Offensive coordinator Ron Turner needs some creativity with the run game to get Matt Forte loose.

There's not enough time do discuss the D-backfield and all the issues there.

Johnny Knox is the X-factor. Keep an eye on him,

...if you can.

Broncos. I entered this season fearing starting 0-5. Still wore the hat. Then they won a game. Still wore the hat.

Still wearing the hat! (Bad hair solution #1)

The Broncos are doing AMAZING. I hope they kick the a***s off those Chargers tomorrow.

My beloved BEARS took one on the chin down in the Dirty ATL.
Well it could be worse' date=' you could be rooting for the [b']Oilers Titans[/b].

You can take a team out of Houston, but you can't take Houston out of the Team. They're still the team that blew a 35 to 3 lead to Bills. That will never change.

mimartin - ouch. Truly one of the most painful games I have ever watched.. I was a huge fan of the Run N Shoot, and of Warren Moon, Haynes, Givens, Duncan and ???(Heyward)... They were my pick to win it all... and at least I wouldn't have had to watch the Bills embarrass my beloved AFC with another blowout humiliation.

That said, Jeff Fisher is a great coach, and he'll probably get the chance to coach elsewhere soon, along with my boy Mike Shanahan.

Amazingly, the Broncos once again surprised me with their complete conversion from a pressureless, stale defense under Shanny the last few, to Mike Nolan's sniper-on-quarterback 3-4. Best defense I have seen in Denver since the Orange Crush, even better than the Super Bowl teams of 97-98. That the offense still performs well has as much to do with Rick Dennison's O-line and his knowledge of the Shanahan/Gibbs run-blocking schemes and the talent Shanny had provided. McDaniel is earning my respect, but that's the only way he was gonna get it!

6-0! Where's the Broncos Barrel Man? WAAAHOOOOOOO!

While I agree that Jeff Fisher is a very good coach. He handled Steve McNair’s development wonderfully. He however did not learn from his success and has mishandled Vince Young’s development. It may be giving him too much credit for McNair as it was during the Oiliers transformation into the Titians and may have had more to do with not having a home and thus less fan pressure to play a young quarterback and more pressure to develop a quarterback before they actually were able to play in Nashville.

I sincerely hope Jeff Fisher turns around the Titians season, but I've not being a Titan fan since they left Houston, I don’t really care. I just like Jeff Fisher and I really like Vince Young, Ahmard Hall and Bo Scaife (all from the University of Texas).

I don’t root for any NFL team, I root for former Longhorn players. I gave up on the NFL in 1997 and then again in 2006 when I realized the Texans were just a minor league team.

Well it could be worse, you could be rooting for the Oilers Titans.

You can take a team out of Houston, but you can't take Houston out of the Team. They're still the team that blew a 35 to 3 lead to Bills. That will never change.

I remember that ridiculous comeback orchestrated by the architect, Frank Lloyd Reich and Thermal Thomas.

But, that was just one game though.

I don't know what's happening with the Titans Oilers now.

It looks like they just quit on Fisher. Don't know why, I always thought he was a great coach. Perhaps they'll snap out of it. Something's gotta turn them around.

It was indeed part of the NFL...they've done it the last few years as a way of trying to make it more of a global product. I watched the first few minutes and it looked like the stadium was pretty packed.

It seems like a long way to go for a game too, but the NFL must see something in it since they keep doing it. There's even talk in some circles about the thought of a franchise in London. I personally don't see it happening, the travel and schedule would be too complex not to mention that I don't think it could ever compete with the football product already in place.

Ironic how Brock Lesnar couldn't stay in on the regular season and said he'd "rather be with his family" when given an opportunity to go tour Euro NFL; but yet now in the so called "mma" arena he's all of a sudden acting like he's invincible again. So Brock, why couldn't you "just hang tough" for NFL like you are now in UFC and back in WWE? Not enough F A M E and M O N E Y for you? Too much work? Afraid that your cocky attitude might actually be met with sufficient rivalry (reprisal) to prove you're not god afterall? Bawwwwwww.

Hopefully, one hand will wash the other.

If the Bears can generate a consistent pass rush and pressure the QB, everything else falls into line.

The linebackers and defensive backs won't have work so hard and play out of position so much, thus the coverage would be more effective causing more three-and-outs or turnovers for the other team, which leads to more offensive opportunities for the Bears which in turn helps take the pressure off the young, talented receiving squad and rocket armed QB.

Offensively, someway, somehow, Ron Turner and his empty bag of tricks better conjure up a way to get the ground game into production, and fast.

Jay's good, but he can't do it all.

For this one I got:

BEARS 27 BROWNS 16

The Bears did you a field goal better and held the Browns to fewer points. :) Knox is turning out to be more of a threat than anyone expected, and Hester is doing a better job catching in the WR position. I was a bit surprised they didn't use Forte more, and the O-line needs to do a much better job of protecting Cutler, but the Bears won, and that's what counts. :D

Archived