Home

NFL 2009

Jae Onasi

Knox is turning out to be more of a threat than anyone expected, :D

I was following this kid during the draft. I was hoping he would end up in Chicago. He ran a sub 4:3 40 at the combine and impressed scouts by catching everything that came his way.

His division 2 schooling kept him from a higher draft position, but it worked out for the Bears. We actually picked him with the pick we got from Denver in the J-Cut trade.

How ironic.

Hope they continue to improve. I totally agree about the O-line.

Aside from the injuries to the defense, this is the next weakest link.

Jay's a tough customer, but I don't want him taking too many hits like some of the ones on Sunday.

What about that unholy scenario between Minnesota and Greenbay?

I wouldn't be surprized to later find out that Favre's last name was actually Thorne.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironic how Brock Lesnar couldn't stay in on the regular season and said he'd "rather be with his family" when given an opportunity to go tour Euro NFL; but yet now in the so called "mma" arena he's all of a sudden acting like he's invincible again. So Brock, why couldn't you "just hang tough" for NFL like you are now in UFC and back in WWE? Not enough F A M E and M O N E Y for you? Too much work? Afraid that your cocky attitude might actually be met with sufficient rivalry (reprisal) to prove you're not god afterall? Bawwwwwww.

Do you know how much average UFC fighters make? Even the chumps, er champs, like Lesnar, make nowhere near what there counterparts in professional football make (although Euro NFL is a different story). I despise the guy, personally, and look forward to a real artist taking him down a peg, but you are totally off your rocker with this post, and it shows you have no idea what is involved in training to be a MMA fighter. Too much work? When will I stop laughing.....

He is cocky and a jerk, but he works every bit as hard or harder to be that champ than an NFLer, and if he wants to keep that belt, he will need to work even harder, because he currently wins only due to physical superiority.. he will need real technique. That I do not think he will achieve, because he seems too much a brute meathead to be a real Mixed Martial Artist.

For the record, I played Division 1 football (back when that was what it was called, now its Division FBS) for the University of Wisconsin Badgers, and have trained in MMA for 10 years, with another 10 years of Gung Fu preceding that. So, I might have a little insight on this particular specious argument.

As for the OP's topic, my Broncos continue to amaze me, even in their loss I was comforted by the quality of the defense. I do think they will need to upgrade their QB situation sooner rather than later, and I am concerned about McDaniel's love affair with average QB's, but I still like Orton. He is good enough for now.

The Falcons, the home team where I live, were impressive in their loss to the unbelievable Saints... Matt Ryan is taking some lumps, but is still a Master in the making.

Hopefully, one hand will wash the other.

If the Bears can generate a consistent pass rush and pressure the QB, everything else falls into line.

The linebackers and defensive backs won't have work so hard and play out of position so much, thus the coverage would be more effective causing more three-and-outs or turnovers for the other team, which leads to more offensive opportunities for the Bears which in turn helps take the pressure off the young, talented receiving squad and rocket armed QB.

Offensively, someway, somehow, Ron Turner and his empty bag of tricks better conjure up a way to get the ground game into production, and fast.

Jay's good, but he can't do it all.

For this one I got:

BEARS 27 BROWNS 16

You really thought the Browns were going to score 16 points? I'm a Cleveland FAN and I wasn't that optimistic :)

Do you know how much average UFC fighters make? Even the chumps, er champs, like Lesnar, make nowhere near what there counterparts in professional football make (although Euro NFL is a different story). I despise the guy, personally, and look forward to a real artist taking him down a peg, but you are totally off your rocker with this post, and it shows you have no idea what is involved in training to be a MMA fighter. Too much work? When will I stop laughing.....

I should clarify--having seen his ego, the football field wouldn't satisfy him. Too much of "his time" for too little attention. Though I do stand corrected about pay.

He is cocky and a jerk, but he works every bit as hard or harder to be that champ than an NFLer, and if he wants to keep that belt, he will need to work even harder, because he currently wins only due to physical superiority.. he will need real technique. That I do not think he will achieve, because he seems too much a brute meathead to be a real Mixed Martial Artist.
Not denying his work ethic. At all. However, for all his initiative shown (which is impressive) it pales in comparison to his egocentric attitude. I've yet to see him truly outmatched, but when he finally is I suspect he won't be dignified about it.

For the record, I played Division 1 football (back when that was what it was called, now its Division FBS) for the University of Wisconsin Badgers, and have trained in MMA for 10 years, with another 10 years of Gung Fu preceding that. So, I might have a little insight on this particular specious argument.
Gong fu? That you certainly do, my old fashioned friend.

I'll PM you.

Well Jeff should be somewhat happy. Matthew Stafford may never be the greatest quarterback, but he has already proven to me that he is one of the toughest. Throwing the game winning score after separating his non-throwing shoulder impressed me.

Texans on primetime, go Oilers! ;)

Stafford has a lot of upside if they can put the tools around him. With Matt Millen finally gone from Detroit that might just happen.

My Browns on the other hand are a train wreck...Brady Quinn looked as good as he's looked since he was drafted, but forgive me if I'm not optimistic :/

Despite my amateur status at evaluating football talent, I’m starting to think that Vince Young guy can play quarterback in the NFL. Too bad the Texans did not figure that out and choice Mario Williams in order stop Peyton Manning, that pick does not seem to be really working out for them. At least it does not seem to me that they have stopped Manning.

@Jae don’t worry about Cutler, either Tebow, McCoy or Bradford should be available when the Bears pick. My unbiased suggestion is McCoy.:xp:

Archived