Home

LucasPost #1

Hi there, welcome to LucasPost! The first, I hope, of many. I'm Darth InSidious, and we're just going to go around and introduce ourselves first, I think.

So I'm Darth InSidious, as I said, the Satiric Bastard, I've been a poster at LucasForums for ten years, I joined in the KotOR section making mod requests. I eventually started making mods myself and posts as well, and I'm the unofficially official forum despot. So hi!

Hello, just want to say hi to all my fans out there, ha ha! I'm Sam Dravis and I'll be here with you all tonight as we continue our little thread here. I've been with LF oh, at least 10 years and one second (It's okay, Darth Insidious, I still like you even though you are clearly less experienced than I!), and I just love the community here! I can't believe I've stuck around so long, but when you take into account the wonderful community it's just a no-brainer, ha ha!

I originally started out limited to the Jedi Knight section but have branched out to include many of the off-topic and debate forums here at LF. I enjoy discussing serious topics and occasionally satirizing one or two! Anyways, I think I've probably taken up too much time - Have I, DI? - wait, yes, I have. Okay, I'll yield the floor to the next member of our posting group!

I thank you for yielding your copious amounts of remaining time to be, Samuel Dravis. May I call you Sam?

But I digress from my lovely introduction! Hail, everyone: my name is Litofsky, and I do proclaim to be the newest of our exclusive group. I started out coming here for KotOR advice, and a general place to enjoy the lovely came we've come to know and love. However, with the rise of TOR and the Mando'Morons, I have been rather puzzled and saddened at the future which George Lucas has bestowed upon us.

Around the forums, my hobbies include infusing our conversation with random facts about America and/or some minor historical facts and Chinese. chess is also a hobby of mine, as is Xiangqi.

Did you know that Xiangqi is Chinese for, translated loosely, 'Representational War?" However, the character for 'xiang' is similar to that of the one for 'elephant' (daxiang, phonetically), thus prompting some to call/write it 'Elephant Chess.' Actually, there are four elephants in Xiangqi, so it's really not Elephant Chess, but whatever.

At any rate, I've been around for a year or so, and have integrated myself into our nayce Forums. I've been having quite a lovely time, and wish to continue said lovely time. Thus, I end my lovely post.

I yield my remaining time to the Speaker of the House next poster.

Thank you and have a lovely night.

OK, well, so now we've introduced ourselves, so hi everyone, now you know who we are. OK, so next I think we should talk about what we've eaten today.

Mostly today I've eaten some chocolate cereal and some milk, which was good, but I think there was too little milk to the amount of chocolate cereal, so, uh, tomorrow I'll add more milk and less cereal. It was a bit too dry today, and I like my cereal more wet. I also like to drink the chocolatey milk left behind after I've eaten the solid part of the cereal. Except for the residue, which isn't nice.

I also drank a lot of coffee, which is a thing I do, it's kinda cool. I like it with milk, but not too much, and about three scoops of coffee. I buy mine preground, because grinding it is a chore and I don't have a coffee-grinder. I drink it out of my favourite mug, which is orange.

So, uh, Det. Bart, if you'd like to tell us about your eating habits today next...?

Well, I woke up this morning at like 11 AM EST, but I rolled around in bed until maybe 12:00 or 12:01 because I didn't want to actually get out of bed. Then I went downstairs and had some oatmeal that said to use 2/3 cup of milk (I use 2%) but I accidentally used 3/4 cup of milk, but it didn't matter in the long run. I also had a strawberry frosted Pop-Tart and a handful of Goldfish brand snack crackers (yum!!). To drink, I had some pink lemonade that was a bit too sweet but not enough to prompt me to add more water. After that I went for a run and napped and then later on I had some soft shell tacos (delish!!) with sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, Monterrey Jack cheese, and ground beef. I used flour tortillas because the sun dried tomato ones we had seemed a bit stiff and I didn't want to use a stale tortilla for my tacos, so I'll have to pick up some more sun dried tomato tortillas at the local grocery store soon! Right now I'm munching on some more Goldfish brand snack crackers (these things will be the death of me!!!) and drinking some pink lemonade but I may switch to apple cider.

So, Sam (or do you prefer Samuel...?), what did you eat today?

That's nothing, guys.

I started this morning out at a brisk 9:00 Ante Merediem, preparing to do homework and other relaxation. I rolled around for a few minutes, but much less than yesterday, where I went back to sleep for another sixty minutes. I did better today, by my reckoning.

After that, I trudged to the kitchen, pouring myself Honey Nut Cheerios, which were quite delicious. However, I think I poured too much orange juice, so I had to wait some time in between my bites, which was quite inefficient. Next weekend, I'll readjust the amount of orange juice poured to the amount of cereal ratio, thus perfecting my breakfast schedule.

After that, I decided to do some Chinese homework, lovingly entitled, "Wode hanjia he shujia," or "My Summer and Winter Breaks." It involved me repeating a number of characters that we had been practicing for a number of weeks, but since only two people pay attention in class, myself included, it was necessary to insure that the class hates my teacher more.

Simultaneously, I found that taking breaks in between assignments is a fun thing, because I could do two homework assignments at once.

But I ignored my dinner, now didn't I! Why didn't you all tell me I was doing that?

For dinner, I munched on some delicious pizza and had water as my primary drink.

Well, I'll tell you Bart, I woke up this morning around 10 because my roommate wanted to go to this music festival thing down here called Austin City Limits. I have driven downtown to drop her off and pick her up the last couple of days while it was going on. Anyways, we were supposed to leave at 10:30 but apparently she wasn't ready, so I made me some sandwiches for lunch at around 11:30. I had some slices of sausage, bit of cheese, lettuce, four tomato-rings, and sprinkled a little cayenne pepper on top to give it a little pep. These sandwiches were pretty delish if I do say so myself, ha ha! Anyways, most days I don't eat breakfast, I'm pretty cheap like that since I'm in between jobs. One day I'll have pop tarts and all that goodness, ha! Later on, I made dinner for another roomate and myself, it was just some seasoned chicken quarters and rice with cream of mushroom soup, but I have to say it was good stuff, I like cooking stuff. You know, though, I almost always make too much-- I am used to cooking for my family which is pretty huge - but this time it turned out alright. Ok! That's pretty much all I have to say on that for today!

OK, well this was really quite cool so far and may I say that's one wacky breakfast Litofsky!! Rad out!!

So I think our next topic should really be what threads we're reading at the moment.

For myself, going first, I have mainly been reading my own Work-In-Progress thread, which is shaping up quite nicely, and I must say the visuals are just... amazing. Absolutely to die for.

Although I could really do with a bit more information on my projects. I really don't know much about them at this point, and what I've said so far has been kinda vague... It still looks absolutely awesome, though, and I'm sure to download the totally awesome mods once they're released.

So, Det. Bart, uh, passing it along to you, what have you been reading lately?

Thanks for ignoring me, Darth InSidious! Hmph!

At any rate, my fellow LucasPosters, I've been reading a fascinating story. It has its ups and downs, its characters, and its fleeting romantic moments (though anything above PG-13 is a no-go).

I do recommend it to anyone in the mood for a good laugh, or anyone who cares to learn about the world.

I haven't been reading too much lately, mainly textbooks (barf!) to keep up with my studies. Other than that, I sit in my bedroom and stare at my wall, which is a really lovely shade of pure white. I like seeing if I can count all the dimples in the east-facing wall, but there are just so many I can't keep track of them all!! It's really quite interesting because one of my many interests is studying number theory and what better way to explore the intricacies of number theory than counting?? So far I've gotten up to about 3 million wall dimples since I've been doing it so long that I can recognize the differences between each individual dimple, which makes it a lot easier to count them!

At any rate, Darathy, would you mind fetching me some eggs? Not just any kind of eggs, mind you.

Gather 'round, for a tale told long ago. It involves a dragon, and her eggs.

Well, once upon a time, in a tale told long ago, there was a dragon with her eggs. She laid upon them, and kept them warm with her innate hotness. After millennia, she decided that, since they were never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to hatch, that she would give away them to the bravest warrior.

Darathy Q. InSidious, I task you with fetching this most precious prize. Do not return until you have completed.

Well, Litofsky old chum (because we're all just crazy good friends round here); I did manage to get to the shops to buy some chicken eggs from Mr. Tesco's super-market. I shall probably eat them, as this is what is normally done with chicken eggs. They are generally agreed to taste most eggy, and Mr. Tesco's are agreed to be excellent value for money throughout the land.

OK, so after threads, I think we've just got enough time for our final topic of this first LucasPost, which is small prizes won in cereal packets. So ah, I'll just go first with my own little story. It's quite an interesting story, actually, given my cereal preferences.

When I was a kid (not that long ago kids, I'm still hip and relevant!!!! haha) I hated cereal - it was all gooey and made of bran, and it was just... nasty. But there was always some little plastic toy inside which made it worth eating the cereal. Anyway, I stopped eating cereal when I was a teenager, so I forgot about it.

Anyway, so I bought some cereal last week since its important to eat healthily when your as busy with an active real life as I am nowadays!! And more to the point I liked it!!!! But there was no little plastic toy. :(

Well, so, who's next with their fascinating story about small toys or prizes that come with food?

Well, I'll tell you, Darathy--- Oh, by the way, just call me Sam everyone -- when I was little my mom liked to buy me and my siblings these little boxen of cracker-jacks, the sort you get prizes in, you know? Well, that time I was munching on my little box and what was in the packet but one of these cheap tin rings, you know like the one from Breakfast At Tiffany's that George gets engraved-- well, I got one of those. Seriously? None of you remember--- whatever. As you might guess I had my eyes set on a certain someone at the time, a someone named Mary, and it was pretty close to Valentine's day, so I figured why not give it to her? But I was really shy at the time, so I just packaged it up with a small teddy bear with a heart- the cheap ones they sell at the corner shops right- and a card. I can't even remember what the card said, ha ha. I probably wrote a really horrible poem on it, used to be something of a poet back in the day like a lot of kids, ha ha! Looking back on it though I'm reminded of a quote about that: "Poems, always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil." ha ha! So true. But anyways I usually only saw this girl at a club I went to, so on this particular day we were going bowling. Hey, it was a fun club! At any rate everyone was supposed to bring a card for everyone else there, and put it at their table. Being the terrified kid that I was - no joke, terrified! - I had to put the whole shebang down when she was busy and wouldn't see. I didn't sign the card, of course, preferring the sweet sorrow (and comforting anonymity) of well, anonymity, but I knew she liked it because someone told me later on. You know it's too bad, but not long after that she moved quite a ways away and I never saw her again. Goodbye cracker-jack ring! Ha ha! So who's going to have the next story?

Hey all! As a school-going American, I've gotta eat my cereal- Honey-Nut Cheerios are the best, and if you don't agree, well, then, you're crazy (C-R-A-Z-Y, crazy)- to stay on top. They've got a great honey taste, but don't get me wrong- too much milk and they get soggy and meh and rather disgusting. But I digress from my interesting, original point.

At any rate, my prize from cereal boxes is that extra boost that gets me through the school day, detested as it is. I've counted many people sleeping in my class during the day, but the cereal gives me that extra boost to keep me ahead of the class (I'm just awesome like that, y'know).

So, yeah. That's my awesome story. If you don't get a lesson from it, or understand my point, I henceforth consider you ignorant and a 笨的猴子.

Good day to you, Sir or Madam(s).

Today I woke up and I was really tired and I didn't feel like waking up but I did anyway (in case you didn't notice!) and then I went down stairs and then I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios (no, I'm not stalking you Litofsky!) and then I brushed my teeth and then Itook a shower and then I got dressed and then I got my guitar and music and wallet and keys and phone and iPod and then I went to jazz it up (haha, what a fun phrase!) and it was pretty fun we played some jazz standards and some blues stuff and I improvised some stuff with my wah peddle and then I left and then I went home and then I had pizza and then I went to class and then I left and then I walked to my car and then I drove home and then I got a drink of 2% milk and then I came upstairs to my computer and now I'm typing this to tell y'all about my day!

Well, unfortunately that's all we've got time for, but don't forget to tune in next time for another dose of banal smuggery. And remember - if you have any suggestions, why not podcast or youtube them to us?

So, on behalf of the rest of this zany bunch of real swell guys, it just remains for me to say, 'That's all, folks!' :D

Archived