Home

Did Bastila leave the Order before TSL?

DAWUSS

Just a random thought, and I'll admit, has little solid backing.

Anyway, is there a chance that Bastila actually left the Jedi Order before the events of TSL? It would explain why she never went to the Conclave of Katarr and became snack time for Darth Nihilus, why Kreia (and the Exile) never added her to the gathering of Jedi (either the EH or DE, though she would have less purpose in the latter), among other things.

Why would she leave the Order? One possibility: Satele Shan. If this individual is a direct descendant, then Bastila had a child, and that could be a legit reason for leaving the Jedi Order.

Weak premise, I know.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to double-check this, but I'm pretty sure Luke's last name is Skywalker, not Amidala. So... yeah. If that chick from the TOR comics has anything to do with Bassie, then someone's got some real creative retconning to do.

As for your original question, I don't think it was ever mentioned what she was doing. Maybe she got stuck in traffic on her way to the meeting, or her alarm clock didn't go off. Heh, who knows.

Yes. She left on 18th July 4,956 BBY at 3:00 pm and worked in a chip shop on Coruscant for the next seventeen years, before dying by falling into a deep-fat frier.
They use the Gregorian Calendar in those regions of the galaxy now?

Strange way to come to an end for a Jedi, but hey, if destiny calls, who are you to ignore the call of a fryer, right?

Just a random thought, and I'll admit, has little solid backing.

Anyway, is there a chance that Bastila actually left the Jedi Order before the events of TSL? It would explain why she never went to the Conclave of Katarr and became snack time for Darth Nihilus, why Kreia (and the Exile) never added her to the gathering of Jedi (either the EH or DE, though she would have less purpose in the latter), among other things.

Why would she leave the Order? One possibility: Satele Shan. If this individual is a direct descendant, then Bastila had a child, and that could be a legit reason for leaving the Jedi Order.

Weak premise, I know.

Well, actually that has been my thoughts as well. That Satele Shan is descended not only from Bastila, but Revan as well if you catch my drift.

However, it seems Han Solo who likes my family's NFL nacho chips recipie gave me a similar response:

I have to double-check this, but I'm pretty sure Luke's last name is Skywalker, not Amidala. So... yeah. If that chick from the TOR comics has anything to do with Bassie, then someone's got some real creative retconning to do.

As for your original question, I don't think it was ever mentioned what she was doing. Maybe she got stuck in traffic on her way to the meeting, or her alarm clock didn't go off. Heh, who knows.

:devsmoke: Time will only tell, right? I'd say while I have my theory, well, that's just what it is.

They use the Gregorian Calendar in those regions of the galaxy now?

Strange way to come to an end for a Jedi, but hey, if destiny calls, who are you to ignore the call of a fryer, right?

ONE WITH THE FORCE!

Yes, i am sure your theory is right, cause look what wookiepedia says:

Satele Shan has been confirmed as a descendant of a main character from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Due to her surname, many fans believe that she is the descendant of Bastila Shan. It is also stated that she may be able to use battle meditation, Bastila's most distinctive ability.

It is not currently known whether Shan will play a role in the upcoming video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, because in a press release BioWare revealed that the story in the comic Star Wars: The Old Republic, Threat of Peace Act 1: Treaty of Coruscant will span the three decades between the Treaty of Coruscant and the start of the game. This possibly places Satele at an advanced age when the game begins.

^ You're the first person who has ever called me a nacho loving Han Solo in my life. You should get a ribbon for that or something. :p

Well, now we know how Star Wars characters get their last names when their dad doesn't have one, he he. Go Revan! (At least if GTA's right).

Still, 3 centuries later with her ancentor's mother's maiden name? Who writes this crap?

Hey,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be the decedent of Bastila. As for it being the child decedent of Bastila and Reven they might leave us in the dark and let our imagination wonder.

Bastila being alive could be either she left the Order and was not considered a threat by the Sith but thats hard to believe since she will be well known for her battle meditation abilities. Active Jedi or not she would be a threat to the Sith. I believe she was suppose to die on Katarr but for some reason she never made it or ended up involved in another issue. I would think that Bastila's ability would make her a target to the Sith and so she would either have to fake her death or the Sith believed she died on Katarr.

I wonder since we saw Bastila on Telos IV which is a wounded planet....was Bastila there the whole time? Where was she hiding? or was it with Carth's flag ship she was hiding on?

So many questions...........

Logan

ONE WITH THE FORCE!
One with the Fries is more accurate.

Satele Shan has already been confirmed as a descendant of one of the main characters of KotOR, so it doesn't leave much choice for who it is. So you can scratch Zaalbar, Mission and Canderous off that list. She's obviously a descendant of Bastila, whether Revan's involved is something else. The Shan name poses some difficulty, yeah, though perhaps the name survived because of an incestuous affair between Bastila and one of her male family members. Now that'd be a reason why she isn't in the Order anymore.

Yeah... maybe a more kid-friendly retcon would be more apropriate, here... I'm stickin' with my theory: she got sweet on some dude (maybe Revan) who didn't have a last name, and for whatever reason in a galaxy far, far away that means the kid takes the mother's name. It's boring, it makes no sense and when the writers put it in print it'll be spectacularly underwhelming. It would fit perfectly into recent Star Wars canon.

Maybe Revan was too big a target, and so the child took on the mother's last name.

From an OOU perspective, the only last name associated with Revan was one you gave him, which could have been anything. As of right now anyway.

I think he means that Revan would obviously go down in history as a major name that caused alot of suffering during the jedi civil war. That would be one hell of a name to carry on and im sure would be held against you.
I think he meant that if Revan was a target (of the True SIth or some other enemy), then it'd be safe to name not give his child his own last name, but use Bastila's. Doesn't seem likely, though, since Bastila herself would have been a target if Revan was one, so naming the child Shan wouldn't be very wise.

@cire: I was only kidding, of course. :)

^ They must just be giving her the 'Shan' name for story-telling purposes. The most obvious way to indicate a relation, even if it doesn't make sense. They don't really have to disclose Bastila's story either now, when you think about it.

Yeah. I agree.

Revan didn't have a last name anyways, so why not give the kid the 'Shan' name.

It's not even sure that Revan was his real name. They called him the Revanchist Leader, later the Revanchist, and eventually that shortened to Revan. What a coincidence it'd be if that was his name in the first place.

Ok. Bare with me.

I think Kreia is Bastala.

1. "I was the last to train Revan." she says to the Exile. Didn't bastila train Revan last?

2. That would xplain why she wasn't on the list of jedi.

3. (far fetched) that may be why she couldn't walk on Korriban. That ( besides t3's little message) is the only time shes mentioned! The only time she's not around.

4. She could look old from evil. Like palpatine.

Just thought id point that out.

Ok. Bare with me.

I think Kreia is Bastala.

I shall endeavour save you to some extent from the imminent pwnage heading your way by responding in a civilized manner:

1. Didn't bastila train Revan last?

No. I doubt Bastila ever trained Revan at all. Even if she did, Revan, after regaining all his memories, went to Kreia at Malachor V just before he disappeared into the unknown regions.

2. That would xplain why she wasn't on the list of jedi.

Maybe she was really good at hiding? Another possible reason could be that the Jedi that the Exile looked for in TSL were all masters on the council that banished her. Bastila was not on the council, let alone a Jedi Master.

(far fetched) that may be why she couldn't walk on Korriban. That ( besides t3's little message) is the only time shes mentioned! The only time she's not around.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

Bastila couldn't go on Korriban in K1 because she wouldve been immediately recognized by the sith.

Kreia couldn't go on Korriban in K2 because she claimed that it was hard to "center herself" there. (Personally, i think it had something to do with the fact that she was actually a Dark Lord. Perhaps Korriban's dark energies may have messed around with her alignment cloaking abilities)

4. She could look old from evil. Like palpatine.

Their faces are completely different. The dark side messes with your skin, your complexion, changes the color of your eyes, etc. As Far As I Know, it doesn't change people's bone structure.

Furthermore:

Judging by the wording you've put under "Current Game", i take it you've finished playing k2 at least once. So i ask you:

Revan is older than Bastila, and was Kreia's (in your case, Bastila's) padawan. How can that be? (A kid, being trained by a younger kid...? )

If Bastila is Kreia, how can she be on Telos and Malachor at the same time?

Just a question: You wouldn't happen to be a youtuber, would you? (have a youtube account). If you are, are you by any chance familiar with JediShemL's KotOR videos?

Oh, and welcome to LF. :)

Archived