Home

Did Bastila leave the Order before TSL?

DAWUSS

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can say that Kreia is not bastila because as a writter you dont want to step on other company's characters. Odision will make thier own characters and only give cameos to kotor1 characters.

Ex. the mask of Nihilus was originally going to be made out of Revan's skull but the removed that idea since the players would be angry that you tossed away such an important and closely deared character to the players.

You will find that in TOR there is not a lot of detail on what happen to the Exile since Bioware wants to give room if lucas arts ever wanted to do a game between kotor2 and TOR. The game could be a rpg or even a game like jedi knight based in the old republic.

On topic Bastila went into hiding either before or after katarr.

Logan

Ok. I just thought it was an odd thought id share, and see how evryone would take it.

On topic: I think Bastala followed Revan until he said she couldnt. She probaly a stripper for Vogga the hutt, or an angry gizak ate her head.

And i am a youtuber, i just use my psp more for this.

Bastila is the exile! At least I'm trying that out in this playthrough of TSL. Actually it works pretty well. I'm not serious about Star Wars cannon here, but hey, it's fun to play TSL as her. There are a few problems I run into but most can be explained away. Of course that Bastila/Exile would have to lose connection to the force twice. Here's a scenario:

1. Bastila as the exile had powerful force connections to influence people. Battle meditation was just one manifestation of that gift.

2. Bastila was the first jedi reprogramming experiment (before Revan). After being expelled, she regained power, so out of fear the council decided to erase her memory and use her gifts for narrow purposes... battle meditation.

3. Jedi council used Bastila. They narrowly trained her force connections gift to only use battle meditation (which she learned so "surprisingly fast").

4. Bastila actually lost connection the force a second time, when on board the star forge. Everyone else was consumed by the dark powers after Revan left. but her ability to detach herself from the force allowed herself to survive. (kotor1 dark side ending)

5. Revan had a special interest in the exile, but wouldn't kill her when she left the war. Revan watch Bastila for a very long time. Perhaps some sort of force bond was already made.

6. Regardless, when it was Revan's turn to be captured, Bastila had no problem force bonding with Revan to get the memories. I ask, why did a padawon get the responsibility to force bond with Revan for the memory wipe? If the council could decide they would have picked someone else more strong and firmly planted in the light side.

Thoughts? I'm not saying that she really is the exile... but hey, it could work, at least almost.

There are not too many ingame instances where people would react differently if it was Bastila, and not just some non-Bastila exile. The Jedi council was full of deception, so they would act the same. HK-47 was reprogrammed to forget her. But Mandalore should have remembered her. That would take a little possible suspension of logic. (but not impossible to explain away). I forget some of the other problems at the moment.

Any other inconsistencies we could explain away?

Thoughts? I'm not saying that she really is the exile... but hey, it could work, at least almost.

The game is yours to play as you wish, :) however if your going to post such things on boards, be prepared for it to be ripped to shreds;

No it can't work, if you want to play as the Exile as Bastila that is your own prerogative, but not only are you ignoring cannon you are ignoring a couple of big fat massive stinking facts from in both games. The Exile was Exiled before the Jedi Civil War - i.e. he had been wandering in Exile while Bastila, Revan et al where cruising around fighting Malak. Bastila is also too young to be the Exile, and finally Bastila didn't go to war to fight in the Mandalorian Wars - where as the Exile did. So year apart from those two massive galaxy sized inconsistencies it works :xp:

Rip away! :) I know it's not proper lore. But still, I will have fun resolving the problems. Maybe I'll surprise myself and explain away everything. :p

Bear in mind, I'm going with the non-canonical assumption that Revan kept the star forge. Though I suppose a light side Revan ending could fit too. At least a light side female (since you actually see Bastila for a light side male Revan in TSL)

Humor me my idea (I'd rather you rip it than ignore it, should I start a new thread?):

About the exile being exiled before the Jedi Civil War..... The exile started to once again regain her powers shortly thereafter. Her journey into the outer worlds was not as long as we had thought. The council noticed this, and took her back in. They wiped her mind, perhaps out of fear or perhaps out of mercy: they didn't want her to suffer the pain of her memories at Malachor. Most likely both. Her suppressed memory kept the echos from emanating from her.

As for Bastila being young... do we have solid facts about her age? Or was she led to believe otherwise?

Again, The exile, fought in the Mandalorian Wars, but as Bastila her mind was wiped by the jedi council out of fear or maybe mercy. The exile was then known as Bastila during the Jedi civil war. She was trained very narrowly so as to preserve her to the jedi code. Her strong ability to connect to others through the force allowed her to master battle meditation at a very quick rate. The council tried to stunt the other gifts from manifesting. Notice that her power increased extremely rapidly in the weeks she was captured by Malak. It's almost like she regained her powers at the rate that Revan regain his/her power after being mind wiped by the jedi council. So, the exile would then have lost her powers a second time. First at Malachor V, then at the star forge when she kept herself from being consumed by the overwhelming dark side energies of the star forge. She did this by disconnecting from the force once again.

I'll just re-iterate what I said before. Why should the padawon Bastila force bond with Revan to touch Revan's memories? If I were a Master Vrook, there is no way I'd ever let Bastila be the one chosen to bond with Revan. It's too ricky. I'd pick someone else. This is all true unless the council didn't have a choice, in which case Bastila's bond happened naturally... a bond that happens naturally if she were indeed the exile that was close to Revan during the Mandalorian wars.

Hey,

I hate to break it to you but your whole theory is based on that Bastila had her mind wiped out by the Jedi Masters ,....which did not happen.

There are way to many dialogue in kotor2 that contradicts your idea.

I give you points for being creative.

Logan

Bear in mind, I'm going with the non-canonical assumption that Revan kept the star forge. Though I suppose a light side Revan ending could fit too. At least a light side female (since you actually see Bastila for a light side male Revan in TSL)

Light Side Male Revan is canon. You don't play as Bastila or anyone who looks remotely like her in TSL. Bastila sided with the Council in the Mandalorian Wars. You're grasping at air, but I'm glad people still have imagination these days.

Hey,

I hate to break it to you but your whole theory is based on that Bastila had her mind wiped out by the Jedi Masters ,....which did not happen.

Logan

Of course my theory is based upon that premise! And of course it didn't happen in cannon! I'm not interpreting cannon. I'm just coming up with a backstory that can be made to work, although nothing in Cannon said it is impossible, if anyone wanted a Bastila TSL playthrough. Infact, it can be made to work really well.

The biggest issue is that Cannon ends KOTOR1 with a light side male Revan. Obviously that would have problems when Carth is talking to Bastila. But if Revan goes darkside, then the theory(more like a chosen scenario) can fit surprisingly well.

As for contradicting dialogues, there really isn't much. The dialogue with Mandalore is sort of awkward. And there are a few statements here and there that are awkward. It takes a little bit of subjective interpretation of statements, but it's not that bad. Sometimes you have to fill in the blanks as to why certain things weren't mentioned if the exile were indeed Bastila. I can't recall any conversations horrible to the "theory" though.

I know it's somewhat silly.... like saying that Palpatine in Star Wars movies is just the 100th clone of some ancient Sith Lord. All I'm saying is that you can play through TSL as Bastila with little to none suspension of logic.

Light Side Male Revan is canon. You don't play as Bastila or anyone who looks remotely like her in TSL. Bastila sided with the Council in the Mandalorian Wars. You're grasping at air, but I'm glad people still have imagination these days.

Mods of course can make you look like her. :)

Perhaps bastila and others were told she was against the Mandalorian Wars? Revan thought he was a republic soldier after all and came from that planet, forget the name.

You're grasping at air

I'm not coming up with the most accurate story or the best explanation. I'm coming up with something that COULD work for fun.

And yes, Revan was light side male, yadda yadda. But he isn't when I play through talking to Atton.

If you can't explain the other ways to play through, then how could your theory work?

Easy, it works well for dark side Revan. :thmbup1:

Maybe you can call it a half baked story :^: 1/2 (2/4 possibilites) work well. Maybe 3/4 with more stretching of the imagination.

Who needs a light side male Revan anyways, the game itself breaks cannon the moment you don't chose a light side male Revan when speaking to Atton.

Yeah, since the game itself doesn't always follow cannon, I like to think that Revan's gender and outcome as 'subcannon.' You are already playing noncannon if you pick a female in Kotor1, much less if you take the dark path.

Saying that Malak never betrayed Revan is a mockery of the story. But saying that Revan was a female is perfectly fine ingame. The game was made for that. I also would propose that saying Revan was Dark side and Bastila was exile is acceptable too, though admittedly a stretch of the imagination. Of course if you hated Bastila from the beginning, I suppose it would seem like a mockery still yet.

Who needs a light side male Revan anyways, the game itself breaks cannon the moment you don't chose a light side male Revan when speaking to Atton.

Heck, now the game breaks canon the second you choose the wrong head for the Exile. Next thing you know it'll break canon the second you enter the wrong name in the "name" slot...

Anyway, maybe Kreia had something to do with Bastila's survival, especially if she did have Revan's child, as it would be another legacy of Revan, something she (Kreia) wouldn't want damaged in any way.

I really like the whole idea of bastila as the exile, but there are too many facts pointing the other way. Even for fun, it just seems like a bad idea. i play kotor alot to find out alot of stuff (I HAVE NO LIFE)

On korriban, in the tomb, your character doesn't know bastila is bad.

I really think the old bat would give you a clue your her.

It would be very awkward doing this in game, because of the plot of the game (ie. getting cast out of the order). It would ruin the fun.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say, "On korriban, in the tomb, your character doesn't know bastila is bad." And who's the old bat? Keira? or Sion?

Getting cast out of the order does make this a bit awkward. But to explain that, we could just create (admittedly out of thin air) the assumption that the order noticed the force returning to the exile, and out of fear/mercy they decided to bring her back into the fold with hopes that a memory wipe will undo the side effects of a bad past. A jedi could easily travel to the outer reaches of space and accidentally find the exile and notice the return of the force.

As for "Does that mean if everyone liked her they wont think its a mockery?"

Not necessarily. "If X then Y" doesn't mean that "If ~X then ~Y." I'm just saying that some people never liked Bastila, so obviously they wouldn't like their exile being her. The idea is distasteful if the character is distasteful. Just like they wouldn't want the Exile to be Roseanne Barr. But as always there are exceptions to the rule.

Ok. To be clear on the old bat thing, I meant kreia, not the zombie .

The other part seems solid, but wouldn't she notice that she (assuming its a she) notice that she had battle meditation? Thats supposed to be rare, right?

Also, wouldn't she start getting bits and pecies of the past in her dreams, like revan?I know she isn't as powerful (debatable) but shes pretty good.

Im not trying to flare the idea, just why would you want to play it as bastila? The story's awkward, and confusing at the same time.

I just think there are diffrent mysteries that are at large, rather than talking about bastila being exile. Sure its plasuible, but it would seem unusual that bioware and obsidian are using a cliches like that. Bastilas a main character in kotor 1. Shes not some reuseable side character. Obsidian wouldn't use her as exile.

Well, I'm not saying Obsidian (nor Lucas Arts nor Bioware) used her like that. I suppose some people here think I was saying that. I'm just saying that you could make it fit for fun. It would only be something for people who like Bastila in Kotor1. Certainly not for everyone.

As for Kriea knowing the exile's identity, Kriea is a mystery in herself. Maybe she does know the exile and her battle meditation. Kriea seems to only reveal what she finds worth revealing. Maybe she knows more about the exile than the exile would think... and she wouldn't want to reveal that she had such extra knowledge unless it served her own purposes. Sometimes it is to great advantage to know something about a person, while that person is not aware that you possess such knowledge.

Kriea isn't a problem, HK-47 isn't a problem (as he always loses his memory), I can't remember any problems with T3-M4.

Mandalore conversations bothered me some though...but it might not be irredeemable. I suppose Mandalore wanted to "start over" with Bastila, test her as well, maybe while hoping that she wouldn't recognize him, at least at first. He was unusually friendly and hospitable to her party. Anyways, I'd have to run through those conversations again, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Another random thought, in Kotor1, Bastila and her meditation was sort of a secret weapon. There was no indication to my knowledge that she was famous. In KOTOR1, did anyone really know her besides Carth, the council, her mother, and those who ended up dead (Malak and his Sith)? She wasn't the talk of bounty hunters (Initially Nord and Davik didn't know about her). With her Battle Mediation, she would be worth a huge bounty. Maybe Malak's mistake was that he didn't issue a public bounty on her.

If the common folk of the galaxy knew about her, they would know that Malak would want her.

• 1 month later...

In answer to the question about Satele being Related to Bastila: perhaps Revan and Bastila had a SON???? and a long line of sons until the required amount for the time scale, then a daughter. bing bang boom, satele Shan. The name would of passed down through the generations Also, name changes only happens during marrage. Bastila and Revan dodnt have to marry, so, if they had a daughter, it could quite possibly be Satele anyway.

Another random thought, in Kotor1, Bastila and her meditation was sort of a secret weapon. There was no indication to my knowledge that she was famous. In KOTOR1, did anyone really know her besides Carth, the council, her mother, and those who ended up dead (Malak and his Sith)? She wasn't the talk of bounty hunters (Initially Nord and Davik didn't know about her). With her Battle Mediation, she would be worth a huge bounty. Maybe Malak's mistake was that he didn't issue a public bounty on her.

If the common folk of the galaxy knew about her, they would know that Malak would want her.

It might not have been public knowledge that Bastila could use Battle Meditation, but it was mostly those who could benefit, or be harmed by the fact, that knew. Also, the main reason why Nord or Davik didn't know about her abilities, was the simple fact that they, nor the Vukars, never found out that she was a Jedi in the first place. That, and if Malak had put a bounty out for Bastila's capture, it would have made the situation likely more chaotic than he wanted. Sure, if she would've been caught during the break-in at the Sith Base, then it would be the quick and clean that he'd like. Though I'm sure that the Vulkars, or any that she might've been sold to, would have loved to find that the Sith wanted her. Though, I'm not sure if Malak or any of the Dark Jedi that served him would deal with a gang, or even Davik, fairly. Maybe he paid Calo fairly, but then, it didn't matter very much.

Archived